• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Barrie

Canadian Wings Fans

Rate this topic

Hey fellow Canadian Wings fans, join me in e-mailing TSN about putting Game 1 of the Wings-Ducks on TSN2. This will be the second game in a row the Wings are on TSN2! What's the deal?

I have regular cable, so I don't get TSN2, and neither do Rogers Cable subscribers. I'm sure only about 30%, or less, of Canada even has TSN2. I think it's a joke to put the Wings-Ducks on TSN2 and Boston-Carolina on TSN. I'd bet money the TV ratings for the Wings-Ducks would be on par or even better than the Pens-Caps. The Wings-Ducks are the last two Champions, and the star power in this series is overall the best. I'm convinced all TSN is doing is advertising their new station so they can make some extra money.

audiencerelations@tsn.ca if you want to send them something.

Here's my e-mail to TSN:

Can you please STOP putting the Red Wings on TSN2, or give game rights back to CBC! This is getting very annoying!

I know you are trying to market the new station, but the majority of your audience is Southern Ontario, with a large number of Detroit Red Wings fans. Wings fans with regular cable or Rogers Cable want to see our favorite team play. Enough of you trying to squeeze more money out of us with your 2nd station, especially in this Economy!

Plus this series has the last two Champions going head to head, the majority of Hockey fans will want to see this. Get a clue and put the Wings-Ducks on the main network!

Hey fellow Canadian Wings fans, join me in e-mailing TSN about putting Game 1 of the Wings-Ducks on TSN2. This will be the second game in a row the Wings are on TSN2! What's the deal?

I have regular cable, so I don't get TSN2, and neither do Rogers Cable subscribers. I'm sure only about 30%, or less, of Canada even has TSN2. I think it's a joke to put the Wings-Ducks on TSN2 and Boston-Carolina on TSN. I'd bet money the TV ratings for the Wings-Ducks would be on par or even better than the Pens-Caps. The Wings-Ducks are the last two Champions, and the star power in this series is overall the best. I'm convinced all TSN is doing is advertising their new station so they can make some extra money.

audiencerelations@tsn.ca if you want to send them something.

I was pissed about this as well. I could understand why they moved game 4 from TSN to TSN2 to make way for the Devils-Hurricanes game given how one-sided the CBJ series was, but this is bush.

Wings-Ducks is poised to be the best series in the West and arguably of the entire semi-finals. We'll see how competitive the Caps are tomorrow, but based on their play against the Rangers I'm not sure that series will live up to expectations (hopefully it will, though).

The bad blood between the Wings and Ducks should combine with their respective dominance so far to make for an awesome series. But hey, you won't see me complaining if the Ducks decide not to show up for this series. :lol:

The best we can do is call or email TSN to *****. I'm not sure they'll do anything since I've yet to have them answer an email.

Here's my e-mail to TSN:

Can you please STOP putting the Red Wings on TSN2, or give game rights back to CBC! This is getting very annoying!

I know you are trying to market the new station, but the majority of your audience is Southern Ontario, with a large number of Detroit Red Wings fans. Wings fans with regular cable or Rogers Cable want to see our favorite team play. Enough of you trying to squeeze more money out of us with your 2nd station, especially in this Economy!

Plus this series has the last two Champions going head to head, the majority of Hockey fans will want to see this. Get a clue and put the Wings-Ducks on the main network!

Looks good.

Maybe we could get LGWers to email enmass?

Meh, not a big deal, IMO... I can understand why they put the first round series on TSN2 for the most part, it isn't and wasn't as exciting as some of the other series they had...

In this case, only game 1 is on TSN2.... the rest are all on TSN... (game 7 is scheduled to be TSN2 also, but only if Boston/Carolina goes to game 7.... and there's still a chance of TSN switching them, like they did in round 1 with one of the games)

It also appears that Rogers is the only television provider in Canada that doesn't carry the channel... Considering the amount of outrage over this from their customers, I'm sure they will add it soon...

Yeah i'm annoyed by this, but i think only two games are on TSN2 next series. At first i thought all the games would be and i was raging. They don't really get it tho, it's like not even close who would get more ratings between the Wings and Ducks, or the Bruins and Canes'. Especially in Southern Ontario.

Weak sauce.

yeah this is trash, I already sent tsn a nasty email for the last series. Why can't they just put the wings game on for viewers in southern ontario on regular tsn then give everyone else boston, or better yet just give us tsn 2!!!!!!!

now i am going to have to go out of my way to find a bar thats playing the game then shell out 40 bucks for beer...

yeah this is trash, I already sent tsn a nasty email for the last series. Why can't they just put the wings game on for viewers in southern ontario on regular tsn then give everyone else boston, or better yet just give us tsn 2!!!!!!!

TSN isn't in control of giving you TSN2, the providers choose if they want to pay TSN to carry the channel, and every provider has done that so far except for Rogers

TSN isn't in control of giving you TSN2, the providers choose if they want to pay TSN to carry the channel, and every provider has done that so far except for Rogers

i guess what i meant was give southern ontario the tsn 2 feed on the main network. Also I am aware it is up to rogers and when i emailed them i got a message they are "In negotiations" to get tsn 2. tsn2 came out in october. How long does it take??

Edited by redwingfan19

According to CBC at least game one of DET-ANA is going to be on Hockey Night In Canada, and AFAIK the rest will be on TSN. I don't think there'll be any issues finding the games in Canada.

According to CBC at least game one of DET-ANA is going to be on Hockey Night In Canada, and AFAIK the rest will be on TSN. I don't think there'll be any issues finding the games in Canada.

Yup:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stanleycup...sp-ana-det.html

Regardless, anyone who currently gets Rogers should dump them and get a better provider if possible.

Yup:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stanleycup...sp-ana-det.html

Regardless, anyone who currently gets Rogers should dump them and get a better provider if possible.

i wouldnt go that far in cancelling rogers for tsn2.. let's be real here. the issue is that TSN2 is owned by BellGlobe media and they want Rogers to fork over a s***load of money in order to have it. Rogers doesnt want it's subscribers to pay extra for TSN2, they want it included in a package that existing customers already get. Unforunately what they are asking is too much to carry it.

Unfortunately when it comes to internet/tv/ and even phone/wireless no one compares to Rogers.

I wonder if this means the game will be streamed on cbc.ca?

Does anyone know if they streamed at all in the first round?

Yes, I'm pretty sure they stream all their HNIC online, every time I've checked it was avialable....

I wonder if this means the game will be streamed on cbc.ca?

Does anyone know if they streamed at all in the first round?

All CBC games are streamed live, and are archived in full for later viewing.