• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

WCSF GAME 2 GDT: Ducks 4 at Red Wings 3 (3OT)

Rate this topic

This team is a joke right now... now you can really have a case on "too much soft europeans" freaking disgusting to watch...

Oh.. and Chelios ruin the team even more, just retire already old man.

I don't think softness has much to do with it. The Ducks are heavy down low, and hard to move, but the Wings are out-hitting them.

They're just not out-hustling them.

This game is far from over, but Babs might have to change the lines up a bit. The 3rd and 4th have looked pretty good, but the top 2 aren't clicking.

Guest Shoreline
Really, with the way we're playing, the win is still within sight. That says a lot.

At any rate, I'm just so ******* frustrated that EVERYTHING we did right against Columbus is gone. Why are we getting beaten to EVERY puck? To me, we'd be 10x better if we just hustled a little more.

The Ducks do obstruct but around the same amount as the Wings do.

However, the big concern of mine from the forums headed into this series was Wings fans underestimating the Ducks defense and overestimating the Wings offense. Thusfar the top scorers/point-getters during the season and last series have been very unimpressive. The Ducks defensive strategy includes keeping shots to the sides and guarding the middle of the ice with ferocity. The Wings haven't been taking it to the net as they should, and aren't going to win if they can't figure it out. Crash the net (again), get pucks to the middle, get bodies to the middle.

The Jax and the Ducks are entirely different teams.

The ducks are hacking, cross checking, interfering just as much as they usually do. The refs are choosing to let it go. Pronger knocked someone down in the first when they were going in after the puck, no call. Kronwall 'annoys' the player going in and gets called. It's not right. Call it consistently. If both are supposed to be penalties, then my God, call them both. Don't let obvious crap go then call light crap in the next period. So frustrating it's ridiculous.

At any rate, I agree with those who say we can't rely on the power play. The wings have not played well at all. I'm very surprised today. I thought they'd come in jumping. Maybe the flu is going around the dressing room? Hmm. Dats doesn't seem himself, neither does Hossa. I haven't even heard Zetterburg mentioned.

Bingo, and this is why this team worried me so much.

They will take away our game and gamble on the fact the refs wont make the calls.

9/10 times they get away with it in the playoffs, and this is why I picked the Wings to go down.

To all that are blaming the refs, the ducks only really have a one weak call advantage. The Getzalf and Stuart penalties were both BS those cancel out.

Cheli high sticked the guy, no complaint there. Lebda delayed the game, cannot argue that.

The Kronner penalty shouldn't have been called since Neidermeyer wasnt called on Kopey...

Its only one "unfair call".

Eh, I don't think the officiating has been that bad. I can think of a couple calls I would have liked seen thrown our way. But, like everybody keeps saying, we can't rely on the power play to win us the game. We've been so uninspired at even-strength.

I wouldn't mind seeing Darren Helm get thrown a bone and get a chance to play a couple of shifts with the big boys. He's been the Wings best player today. Reward the guy that's actually creating some offense with some ice time with high-caliber linemates.

Hiller has looked suspect and the Wings have put ZERO pressure on him.

You can talk about the crappy officiating all you like, but the Wings best Players have done nothing.

They have failed to show up this afternoon.

Hopefully that changes in the 3rd.

If the Ducks are going to stand three up at the blueline and force you to dump it in then that's what they're going to have to do. You've got to forecheck HARD HARD HARD and force the referee to make a call if they're going to continue to interfere with you as you race in on the dump-in.

I'd like to think that the Wings will get a call or two if they get their feet moving and show some intensity.

As Babcock says, they need to "engage" in the third period because they clearly haven't at this stage.

The Ducks do obstruct but around the same amount as the Wings do.

However, the big concern of mine from the forums headed into this series was Wings fans underestimating the Ducks defense and overestimating the Wings offense. Thusfar the top scorers/point-getters during the season and last series have been very unimpressive. The Ducks defensive strategy includes keeping shots to the sides and guarding the middle of the ice with ferocity. The Wings haven't been taking it to the net as they should, and aren't going to win if they can't figure it out. Crash the net (again), get pucks to the middle, get bodies to the middle.

The Jax and the Ducks are entirely different teams.

:clap:

Very well said shoreline.

The refs cannot be blamed by the Wings not doing the things they did right last series right this series.

Guest bobbyryan

Why do the cameras keep panning to your rafters? Hockey was invented in 2007. I have proof.

We've shown great restraint. Still plenty of hockey to go.

The Wings had better step up the intensity. I see they're dominating in hits, but I'm not seeing it translate into battles for pucks. I'm seeing Wings coasting around, and just generally not going the extra mile.

It's time for the big money players other than Lids and Mule to produce. Now their time to steal us a game that we haven't deserved to win so far.

While I agree with that, it bothers me to no end that we're relying on PPs to get us back in this game. That cannot be a crutch.

Absolutely correct. Besides, more than power play, Datsyuk and Hossa have been extremely invisible; same with Zetterberg and Franzen. This is absolutely brutal. The only line works now is 3rd and 4th lines; not 1st line and 2nd lines.

Besides, if then our 1st and 2nd lines are shut down, we have to also shut down Ducks' 1st line but we just let them to control the play too smoothly. If we play like this in the 3rd, I have no word. It will be the result of playing with no heart and the result of not ZDH line being reunited.

If the Ducks are going to stand three up at the blueline and force you to dump it in then that's what they're going to have to do. You've got to forecheck HARD HARD HARD and force the referee to make a call if they're going to continue to interfere with you as you race in on the dump-in.

I'd like to think that the Wings will get a call or two if they get their feet moving and show some intensity.

As Babcock says, they need to "engage" in the third period because they clearly haven't at this stage.

Exactly, its hard to call interference on the Ducks when the Wings are not moving their feet.

They need to move their feet and play hard in order to actually draw the penalties.

I think the refs complaints are more aimed at the fact that nothing is being called on the Ducks, especially when at least 5 things have occurred worse than Getzlaf's little slash, which was called. The only bogus call on the Wings was the Stuart penalty which resulted in a deflating goal also blurring the lines between how apparent the influence of the Refs actually have been, and how much has just been the Wings being outplayed.

Yeah, exactly.

There has been very little effort to diffuse what the Ducks are doing at their blue line. We've attempted to break through it a couple of times, but even in those cases it's been one-on-three and they have an easy time negating the threat. We have to push harder and, hopefully, create chances and penalties.

I've got my juju going right now, sorry I've missed the first two periods, I had to attend a christening and reception for my BFF's daughter (named after me because I'm so damn special)......so now the Wings are free to kick some serious ass.

Its something I said to my roommate when Buffalo played Anaheim. The Ducks are good at making teams play their style of hockey.

The Sabres did that in the first period, and then played with speed and intensity the next two periods and I believe won the game.

The Wings need to play Red WIngs hockey not Ducks hockey if they want to win.

Amusing fact is how much we complain about the Wings not being physical enough, yet tonight we're dominating the hits like none other yet playing terrible and losing. Just goes to show we as a whole are impossible to please :D

Finally somebody that has the blinders off.

This is the point I've been making all game.

Yes there should be more then one Detroit PP, but the fact that they are relying on the PP to win the game is not a good sign. To win the Cup you need to be able to win games with strong even strength play and I have not seen that today.

The Ducks have done some things uncalled, but all in all they haveplayed a pretty clean game except for a few missed interference calls.

and the paul bunion chop on cleary at the beginning of the 2nd