• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Darren Helm is pretty good

Rate this topic

Plenty of praise from the enemy for Helmer.....

From the L.A. Times

As an aside, living here in SoCal, I never realized that Helene Elliot was such a scumsucking xenophobe.....

There's not THAT much of a disparity. There are 13 "damned foreigners" on the Wings, versus 11 "good ole North American boys".

I think I'll fire off an email to Ms. Elliot.

A good Canadian boy.

The kind that, lately, ends up playing for a team like Vancouver, Chicago, or Anaheim.

I love the Swedes into the ground. And there's an emotional joy I experienced when watching a guy like Hudler scored today. Also, Dastyuk is easily one of my top 5 Wings of the past 20 years.

BUT, having Helm in the line-up at this exact moment is an earth-shattering, poignant breath of fresh air.

I think Carlyle would sacrifice his left ******** to have Helm in his line-up right now. And, given the way Anaheim's drafted and built their team vs Detroit, this is irony at it's 100% most blissful peak.

Edited by rick zombo

Everytime I see Helm in the ice, he makes some good plays defensively or offensively. I like to see him forechecking especially. He strips the puck from the opponents or force them to make a bad pass quite many times.

i dont understand why Helm didnt earn a permanent spot on the roster after last year's playoff performance.

he is great @ faceoffs, forechecks like a beast, and always seems to finish his check. give me more!

I think Carlyle would sacrifice his left ******** to have Helm in his line-up right now.

*covers Phil Kessel's eyes*

In all seriousness though, the prospect of having a grind line with Helm and Abdelkader on it in the future is pretty exciting.

During the playoffs last year, watching this kid play, I was telling all my friends that the Wings NEED to lock this kid up long term. Give him all the money his heart desires. I look forward to watching him play his whole career in a Wings uniform.

Helm is a absolute beast. Noone deserved that goal yesterday as much as he did.

Agreed...dude's done absolutely EVERYTHING for us, most of which doesn't show up in the game recap, he deserved to get on the scoresheet like crazy.

Bare with the timing issue of this post and all of the uncertainties within this statement, however....

I was thinking if the Wings have to trade Flip to fit in Hossa, what a great center for the Mule Hossa line!!!

Mule Helm Hossa, wow and you thought the forecheck of that line was good now!!!

Now Flip can definitely create more with the puck on his stick, but Helm's speed and tenacity would go a long way!