• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ms_Hockey

You guys have GOT to see this.

Rate this topic

While every fan feels this way, Duck fans are quite literally the last team in the entire playoffs to make this complaint.

Absolutely ridiculous to know someone feels that way even in the heat of the moment.

Edited by Vincanni

Every fan base says that. How many times have you seen LGW'ers saying the same sort of thing? That's just normal message board stuff.

Why are you getting upset about this? You guys say the same thing! I am sure SJ said that as well!

Why are you getting upset about this? You guys say the same thing! I am sure SJ said that as well!

I, for one, have never once said that the league wants the team we just lost to to advance. Ever.

If other people on this forum have, then okay. But I haven't.. and I personally found that post beyond hilarious. I'm not upset - I'm amused.

Edited by Ms_Hockey

About 70% of your fanbase on here keep saying the NHL wants the Ducks to advance? My question is, "WHY?" They dont want a west coast team stealing away ratings! If you want to play conspiracy then how about this? Why wouldnt the NHL want Blackhawks/Wings? Division Rivals w/ a long history. How many times you think they will bring up the winter classic? Or why wouldn't the NHL want Wings/Pens Part 2?

I am sure the NBA is DYING to have Cavs/Lakers!

Generally the consensus is either the league hates the Wings, or personally what I believe; the league just gives the edge to the team trailing in the game/series to prolong things for additional revenue.

Aside from a few people saying such a thing about the Penguins (which to be fair the NHL does unfairly overexpose commercially,) no one here thinks the league is purposely trying to put one specific team in the finals. Even in '07 when a phantom penalty lead to the Ducks game-tieing goal who beat my Wings in OT, I viewed it as a slam against the Wings rather than the league trying to put the Ducks in the finals for some reason. Of course even then it was the Wings failed PK and inability to score in OT which truly cost them the game.

Wings fans saying their team is getting jobbed =/= Ducks fans saying their team is getting jobbed

If anyone thinks they're the same thing, well, I don't know what to tell you. The Wings have a history of getting absolutely jobbed by officials in the postseason, and while that may not be indicative of a "conspiracy," it's certainly frustrating as hell and unacceptable. On the other hand, what have the Ducks had to complain about? Losing? Sucking? Not being given enough free passes?

Edited by Dabura

On the other hand, what have the Ducks had to complain about? Losing? Sucking? Not being given enough free passes?

Sucking? We are the 2nd best team in the playoffs since the lockout?

Losing? We are in our 4th straight playoff appearance (Doesn't sound like alot but for the Ducks, IT IS)

Free Passes? Your D'man gave the puck up to Selanne to win that game! Your guys didn't show up in game 6 at Anaheim (not until the last 8 mintues). Even if you blame the refs for those games, how do you explain getting beat by Edmonton? They just outplayed you.

This woe is me stuff is disgusting! I was at The Joe last week, I saw your banners! What do you really have to complain about? You make the playoffs every year, you have the best drafts and finish Top 3 in the NHL almost every season. So how can you complain? You cant win The Cup every year.

Wow, what a child. It couldn't be anything more but the opposite of that.

Did he not watch the game and see the Ducks completely outplayed. If there's a time the league wants to see win it all, it's Pittsburgh.

This woe is me stuff is disgusting!

Look who's talking.

I'm not going to outright defend all of the bitching Wings fans do over the course of any given postseason run. But I was under the impression that this discussion had turned to the subject of fans complaining about their respective teams getting jobbed by the zebras/the league. And I'm sorry, but Wings fans are generally more justified in doing so. My questions were meant to drive home a point: Ducks fans have practically nothing to complain about in the way of watching their team get screwed over by something bigger than them. Holmstrom alone gives Wings fans' complaints more credence.

Every teams' forums post that kind of stuff when they're losing. Look back a couple days and you'll read it here, specifically regarding game 3.

Difference is we know clear as day Detroit got screwed.

I wonder what exactly the hell they're whining about though.

I have been lurking around those boards since the start of the series and the guy that supplied the orignal quote for this thread is hilarious. Not in the traditional way because he seems a tad of a **** but you guys know what i mean.

As far as anybody believing that the refs favor any one team is rediculous and irritating. Every team both benefits from and is hurt by bad calls along the way. I thought the game tonight was called quite well.

Also, it was really funny reading over all the ducks fans' reactions over Holmstrom giving Wiz a fat lip.

Sucking? We are the 2nd best team in the playoffs since the lockout?

Losing? We are in our 4th straight playoff appearance (Doesn't sound like alot but for the Ducks, IT IS)

Free Passes? Your D'man gave the puck up to Selanne to win that game! Your guys didn't show up in game 6 at Anaheim (not until the last 8 mintues). Even if you blame the refs for those games, how do you explain getting beat by Edmonton? They just outplayed you.

This woe is me stuff is disgusting! I was at The Joe last week, I saw your banners! What do you really have to complain about? You make the playoffs every year, you have the best drafts and finish Top 3 in the NHL almost every season. So how can you complain? You cant win The Cup every year.

Tekaholic, credibility test:

1. You gotta admit; the OP is kind of amusing.

2. You gotta admit; you've never seen a goal waved off quite like The Game 3 Hossa poke. It was pathetic, yes.

Tek, no one here is upset about it. Most of the posts are poking fun at it. I'm sorry your team and your team's fan base are the brunt of the joke that they brought on themselves, and we are in agreement; I am sure that SJ said that as well.

Look who's talking.

I'm not going to outright defend all of the bitching Wings fans do over the course of any given postseason run. But I was under the impression that this discussion had turned to the subject of fans complaining about their respective teams getting jobbed by the zebras/the league. And I'm sorry, but Wings fans are generally more justified in doing so. My questions were meant to drive home a point: Ducks fans have practically nothing to complain about in the way of watching their team get screwed over by something bigger than them. Holmstrom alone gives Wings fans' complaints more credence.

You've basically summed up my feelings on this subject.

One thing I'd like to point out that I don't think has been brought up yet; every sport has its villain. The team that you love to hate because they have all the money or they win everything or they're always in the news. In order you have the Yankees, Patriots, Lakers and Red Wings. So there's an undercurrent that runs through the fanbases of those teams, that speaks to a feeling of the league or officials or other teams always trying to keep them down or prolong games/series to somehow "stick it" to them.

So it's no surprise that the fans think there's a bias. Do I think the Wings are consistently on the wrong end of calls that they should otherwise not be? Yeah, sometimes. I think our team's reputation precedes us, and that's not always a good thing.

Edited by Electrophile

About 70% of your fanbase on here keep saying the NHL wants the Ducks to advance? My question is, "WHY?" They dont want a west coast team stealing away ratings! If you want to play conspiracy then how about this? Why wouldnt the NHL want Blackhawks/Wings? Division Rivals w/ a long history. How many times you think they will bring up the winter classic? Or why wouldn't the NHL want Wings/Pens Part 2?

I am sure the NBA is DYING to have Cavs/Lakers!

First of all, you need to calm WAY down.

Secondly, me posting a thread about how a Ducks fan thinks the league wants the Wings to advance is hardly "playing conspiracies". If anything, THEY'RE playing conspiracies and I'm just laughing at it. I don't buy into this whole "the league wants certain teams to advance" BS.. and when I come across it, I find it incredibly amusing.

The Red Wings are FAR from favored in the league. They've been a dominant hockey club for 11+ years. In any sport, that's not considered "good". It doesn't do much to keep competition alive and keep people interested. THAT'S why it was hilarious to see. The NHL is a business - just like everything else. Having a long-standing hockey dynasty is NOT good for competitive business. Plain and simple.

Difference is we know clear as day Detroit got screwed.

I wonder what exactly the hell they're whining about though.

The difference is irrelevant. Each game that the Wings lost, they deserved to lose because they were outplayed for the majority of the game, regardless of whether anyone wants to count Hossa's goal or not. After the Wings lose, fans look to environmental factors for the reason why their team didn't win, and tend to avoid simply saying "we sucked." Many people on LGW did this for games 2 and 3, and now the Ducks forum is doing it for 4 and 5.

The difference is irrelevant. Each game that the Wings lost, they deserved to lose because they were outplayed for the majority of the game, regardless of whether anyone wants to count Hossa's goal or not. After the Wings lose, fans look to environmental factors for the reason why their team didn't win, and tend to avoid simply saying "we sucked." Many people on LGW did this for games 2 and 3, and now the Ducks forum is doing it for 4 and 5.

99% of the people here knew we sucked and admitted it. They also knew the Hossa goal was blatant bulls*** and an absolute backbreaker. And they complained, likening the call to several other blown calls of an equally dubious nature that have been made against this team. And they were justified in doing so.

Ducks fans just watched their guys try to clutch and grab and generally obstruct their way to another victory. The refs gave the Ducks a s***-ton of leeway in that regard, as they always do -- and even then, the Ducks couldn't pull it off. And so now Ducks fans are crying conspiracy.

I think there's a difference. But whatever, some Wings fans have an axe to grind with other Wings fans. *shrug*

Edited by Dabura

99% of the people here knew we sucked and admitted it. They also knew the Hossa goal was blatant bulls*** and an absolute backbreaker. And they complained, likening the call to several other blown calls of an equally dubious nature that have been made against this team. And they were justified in doing so.

Ducks fans just watched their guys try to clutch and grab and generally obstruct their way to another victory. The refs gave the Ducks a s***-ton of leeway in that regard, as they always do -- and even then, the Ducks couldn't pull it off. And so now Ducks fans are crying conspiracy.

I think there's a difference. But whatever, some Wings fans have an axe to grind with other Wings fans. *shrug*

I don't think there's a difference at all when any team cries conspiracy or complains of ref bias. The Ducks can complain about Kronner leaving his feet on many of his big hits, or that the Wings got away with too many men on the ice tonight in the midst of us applying pressure just as easily as we can complain about the disallowed goal by Hossa, and both sides have a valid argument, but neither side can effectively prove based solely on that information that the refs are out to get them.

Guest Shoreline

In the few posts I read it was of relative proportion of "Bettman luvs the Wings!" like posts as here.

I do kinda see the irony in that this call did not really impact the game outcome in even remotely the same fashion as that called off goal from Game 3. There is quite a bit of validity to one suggesting the Wings were screwed out of a tying goal and would have still had the chance to win. the Ducks, on the other hand.. well, obviously not even close in this game. Now, the Bettman conspiracy BS is just that.. BS.. no matter who spews it. Bettman is a retard but anyone who would suggest he's throwing games in one team's favor is not to be taken seriously (and preferably mocked).

Edited by Shoreline