• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ms_Hockey

You guys have GOT to see this.

Rate this topic

Ugh, I think officials have been terrible this playoff, way more serious than the last season. I think the Wings got avoided from some calls but the Ducks got avoided more I think. We all saw obvious penalty like Kronwall did on Selanee but overall, Getzlaf had to get some penalties in the 3rd on Huds. The bottom line people always look to be irrational is officials cannot be perfect. For sure, it will be great if they call all non-biased calls but officals are still humans. The Wings and the Ducks, they both got some calls gets avoided from penalties and some calls ruined their games.

The only game the Wings can complain for officials is when Watson and Halloran are refs

How about getting even half the shots on goal that the Wings did next time. Is it ever possible that the Ducks lost due to the fact that they played like crap and allowed 10 goals in the last 2 games? And as far as the league wanting the Wings to win, that is complete bs. In game 3 not only did they take away a perfectly good goal but also did not call goalie interference when Ozzie was tackled in the crease. If that game was called fairly, the score would have been 2-1 Wings in spite of playing like crap, and the Ducks would have been golfing already. Or in game 2 when the Wings went for most of the game without having a power play? I find it hard to believe that the Ducks were perfect angels and committed no penalties until the end of the game.

The entire organization is pond scum, from management, to coaching, to players, all the way down to the fans. Their leaders go into fake retirement or get suspended 8 times in a career for stomping on peoples' legs and trying to elbow peoples' heads through the glass.

Our leaders do their trash talking on the scoreboard.

Let them whine.

Guest MrSandMan

Wait! So.... the Detroit Red Wings have to play Game 5 all over again, because the first Game 5 wasn't fair? Damn, that sucks!

Can we play Game 3 all over again too, because that one didn't seem fair either.

No sense getting all upset. You can't beat the league. They want Detroit, its pretty obvious if you've watchted this entire series and the funny thing is, we knew it going in. Its tough to overcome a very good team that the league wants to advance.

In other words, hey guys I missed game 3

In other words, hey guys I missed game 3

Exactly.

I read through that whole thread. These people honestly believe that there's some ILOVETHEWINGS reffing going on. I'm not even kidding you. People are leaving comments like "The Ducks know every time they're on the ice that they have to fight of referee bias towards the Wings."

Wtf? You lost because your team couldn't get it together and produce, not because we got all the calls. We had an EQUAL amount of power plays.

Are the Ducks fans mailing this thing in now?? Because we have not won 4 games yet in this series!

Sure the Wings dominated the game on the stat sheet, but not on the scoreboard! I still don't think this series is over just yet, we need a much better effort in game 6 to be able to eliminate Anaheim!

But getting back tot he subject, if the Ducks fans are going to complain about the refs, I'm not sure what they have to complain about. The way I see it Anaheim gets away with alot of interference along the boards that does not get called! They all clutch and grab onto our skilled players, but then we put a stick on somebody and we are in the box!

During the regular season the Ducks met with the officials spokes-person because they were taking too many penalties, all of a sudden after that, the Ducks were taking "less" calls!!

So to all Ducks fans: Calm down, your not dead yet, you still have a good team that can still win this series!!

This woe is me stuff is disgusting! I was at The Joe last week, I saw your banners! What do you really have to complain about? You make the playoffs every year, you have the best drafts and finish Top 3 in the NHL almost every season. So how can you complain? You cant win The Cup every year.

Even rich people don't like being robbed.

Or jobbed.

99% of the people here knew we sucked and admitted it. They also knew the Hossa goal was blatant bulls*** and an absolute backbreaker. And they complained, likening the call to several other blown calls of an equally dubious nature that have been made against this team. And they were justified in doing so.

Ducks fans just watched their guys try to clutch and grab and generally obstruct their way to another victory. The refs gave the Ducks a s***-ton of leeway in that regard, as they always do -- and even then, the Ducks couldn't pull it off. And so now Ducks fans are crying conspiracy.

I think there's a difference. But whatever, some Wings fans have an axe to grind with other Wings fans. *shrug*

Therrien is that you!?!?!=) i kid i kid i joke i joke

I don't know what to say then again i don't know how i am going to say it....There is no joy on what happen tonite, let alone i am speechless at this loss not to mention Ducks trailing 3-2 to our Rivals. Watching the entire game i am wondering "WHAT THE !@#!@3 HAPPEN" not playing to the expectations is simply just not good enough for this team. This is the 2nd time Ducks are trailing 3-2 in and face elimination unfortunately no excuse NO complaints in what happen to our team tonite. For me personally it's shock and this is not what we expect from our Ducks in game 5 at all.

I can tell you i am about to have it up to here with the attiudes of naysayers beleive all is lost. What is with you all? and for FRAK SAKE this is NOT THE TIME TO POINT FINGERS let alone make EXCUSES. We are all FRUSTRATED I KNOW and I KNOW i ACCUSE OF BEING BLIND!. Do the DUCKS WANT THE STANLEY CUP I beleive so...CAN THEY DEFEAT THE WINGS HELL YEAH. But it's going to take EFFORT FOR THEM TO WIPE THE SLATE CLEAN no matter what. DO WE WANT TO SEE OUR DUCKS SUCCESS OF COURSE YES. BUT I AM GETTING SICK AND TIRED OF THE PARANOIA THAT IS GOING ON HERE. whatever happens this feud will continue a defeat is NOT THE END between us and Detroit cause right now I don't GIVE A !#@!# on what purists,NAYSAYERS OR PUNDITS HAVE TO SAY THIS IS OUR TEAM AND OUR HOUSE i say THEY GO OUT AND FIGHT TO THE DEATH!.

:lol: this is from one of their websites, now their freaking out and now detroit and anaheim are rivals

Edited by DMAC 25

Reading through the Ducks boards, I almost spilled milk through my nose from laughing so hard when I read this.

Really? The league wants us to advance? Okay then. :rolleyes:

agh perfect idea lets get accounts on there and just start making fun of them and crap just to see what they say haha jk

It gets even better. Check this out:

All I have to say it is very hard to play with 6 players for the Ducks against 6 Red Wings, 2 linemen and 2 refs.

So let's see 6 vs 10...who do you think will win.

I have almost given up. As much as I love the Ducks and will be a fan forever, I have just lost all faith in the NHL Officials. The Red Wings get away with murder. It is just not fair. How can you play a fair game with those kind of odds. If I was the Ducks players, I would be completely frustrated. In the first period, Pronger gets a high stick to the head, NO CALL, and the numerous holding, interference, etc and nothing called on Detroit.

How can we compete against that? The boys are working so hard out there and nothing to show for it.

Anyway, Tuesday is going to be a good game and I hope the Ducks can show the will and determination to win like they did in Games 2 and 3, if not we are done.

GO DUCKS WIN...BEAT THE WINGS

LoveMyDucks

Substitute the word "Red Wings" for "Ducks" and it looks like a lot of the posts around here after games 2 and 3.

Quoted for truth.

This shouldn't be all that shocking.

Hardcore fans get emotional whenever their team loses, especially in the playoffs. Losing and emotion typically means your thoughts and I.Q. go downhill temporarily. Lord know it happens in here plenty after a loss, regardless of if it was a hosejob call in game 3, near perfect officiating, just awful play by the Red Wings, or whatever. This isn't a brand new discovery and isn't exclusive to just the Duck boards only and Wings fans in here have been plenty guilty of making the same types of posts.

Couple that with the Red Wings being a team that is universally hated by many fans like the Patriots in the NFL or Yankees or Red Sox in MLB, there are going to be more emotional/illogical responses whenever the Wings beat somebody.

No I got a better one.

referring to goalie interference: "Detroit, somewhat to their credit picked up on this a long time ago , and thus have a big part of their success built upon their ability to interfere with goalies, and not get called for it. "

I understand fans of the losing teams usually complain about the refs. I know, I do it sometimes. (I try not to). But this post from the ducks forum is just moronic. Obviously this guy doesn't see the redwings that often, especially in the finals last year. ( ex. Holmstrom's ass in the crease no goal)

Quoted for truth.

This shouldn't be all that shocking.

It isn't shocking, or am I complaining that they shouldn't be complaining. I just think it's ******* hilarious.

And for the record, I was not on here screaming of conspiracy after any of the games.

i just think its funny they are bitching about the helm goal, when not a word was to be heard from them about our discounted goal, or niedermayers crashing-the-net goal

i just think its funny they are bitching about the helm goal, when not a word was to be heard from them about our discounted goal, or niedermayers crashing-the-net goal

Say what you want about the reffing throughout the rest of the game, the not-goal wasnt a bad call by the ref. He lost sight of the puck, half the people on the ice thought hiller had it covered (as did I). The refs are trained to blow the whistle as soon as they lose sight of the puck.

Not a bad call

Not a conspiracy

That being said, overall the refereeing was pretty bad tonight

there ya go

It was the correct call, but because he was no where near where he should be, it was a bad call due to his being out of position. Had he been behind the net where he was supposed to be, this is not a problem. Still no conspiracy though!

Officiating has been bad, but better than I have seen it in the past.

My feeling on the Cleary goal, it was a little bit of an equalizer, because it was so bang bang it is hard to call interference, especially when all Hiller did was stand up. Had he been moving towards the save (note not the puck, just to make a save) then the contact with Cleary probably gets called.

All in all, good series, bad to very bad officiating though!

Some gems that I found amusing:

The fact that Cleary was even in Hiller's crease in the 1st place, tells me all that I need to know about this series.

Whatever intimidation edge the Ducks had 2 years ago is just not there any longer.

Take the freakin 2 minutes , whatever , but Cleary should have been picking up some teeth IMO .

I agree. If i was the coach of this team, they'd be scraping wings off the ice. Ducks problem is that they are trying to beat the wings by playing hockey instead of turning this into a street fight.

Classy classy team.

I don't know what to say then again i don't know how i am going to say it....There is no joy on what happen tonite, let alone i am speechless at this loss not to mention Ducks trailing 3-2 to our Rivals. Watching the entire game i am wondering "WHAT THE !@#!@3 HAPPEN" not playing to the expectations is simply just not good enough for this team. This is the 2nd time Ducks are trailing 3-2 in and face elimination unfortunately no excuse NO complaints in what happen to our team tonite. For me personally it's shock and this is not what we expect from our Ducks in game 5 at all.

I can tell you i am about to have it up to here with the attiudes of naysayers beleive all is lost. What is with you all? and for FRAK SAKE this is NOT THE TIME TO POINT FINGERS let alone make EXCUSES. We are all FRUSTRATED I KNOW and I KNOW i ACCUSE OF BEING BLIND!. Do the DUCKS WANT THE STANLEY CUP I beleive so...CAN THEY DEFEAT THE WINGS HELL YEAH. But it's going to take EFFORT FOR THEM TO WIPE THE SLATE CLEAN no matter what. DO WE WANT TO SEE OUR DUCKS SUCCESS OF COURSE YES. BUT I AM GETTING SICK AND TIRED OF THE PARANOIA THAT IS GOING ON HERE. whatever happens this feud will continue a defeat is NOT THE END between us and Detroit cause right now I don't GIVE A !#@!# on what purists,NAYSAYERS OR PUNDITS HAVE TO SAY THIS IS OUR TEAM AND OUR HOUSE i say THEY GO OUT AND FIGHT TO THE DEATH!.

:lol: this is from one of their websites, now their freaking out and now detroit and anaheim are rivals

:lol:

The internet has killed the written English language.