• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Rafalski practices for the first time in 12 days

Rate this topic

Hope Raffi is in. Obviously he won't play at game speed so I hope that a forward is scratched and a backup D is on the roster. Very important to wrap up this series with the next game. The Hawks are awaiting there next opponent now. They get to rest.

I think it will be better for Rafalski to start. Such a long day off made his play more rusty but it is better to put Rafalski and bench either Chellios or Lebda

what would make you think they would bench Lebda? he has played every game of the playoffs so far.

Guest mindfly

They always run 5 D-men anyways so why can't they just use him on the PP? That would be a brilliant thing to do I think...

No real physical contact just stand on the blueline and quarterback the pp

Edited by mindfly

They always run 5 D-men anyways so why can't they just use him on the PP? That would be a brilliant thing to do I think...

No real physical contact just stand on the blueline and quarterback the pp

I agree and that could also help him get to the game speed adjusted also.

stuart will probably be the one coming off the pp when/if rafalski comes back, not samuelsson

Maybe. Sammy was pulled from the PP 2 games ago though, and Stuart was left on.

As much as I would love to see Raffi back in the lineup, you gotta think he's going to be pretty rusty. Besides, do you really want him out there coming off an injury if the Ducks start gooning it up? I do like the idea of him just playing on the PP though. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

The suggestion was made today on the Ticket that Draper has a concussion, which is why he's skating with the team but doesn't have clearance to play.

I think so too. What other injury can you have that lets you skate but take no contact? Obviously some bone isn't broken or there's a groin pull, he wouldn't be skating. Concussion is the only thing I can think of.

I think so too. What other injury can you have that lets you skate but take no contact? Obviously some bone isn't broken or there's a groin pull, he wouldn't be skating. Concussion is the only thing I can think of.

I was thinking more along the lines of either a rib issue or a fractured clavicle. The clavicle specifically for its fragility. It wouldn't prevent him from skating (practice, morning, pre-game) but they definitely would not let him take contact if that bone isn't 100% healed. Depending on the severity it's usually 6-8 week rehab and he's rapidly approaching the 6 week mark.

Unless I missed something the concussion issue doesn't seem likely. He's been skating non-stop since the injury occured and if he was suffering from PCS then he'd be shut down for 7-10 days (or until headaches subsided). *Then* he'd begin off-ice workouts.

I'm pretty confident it's not a concussion.

I was thinking more along the lines of either a rib issue or a fractured clavicle. The clavicle specifically for its fragility. It wouldn't prevent him from skating (practice, morning, pre-game) but they definitely would not let him take contact if that bone isn't 100% healed. Depending on the severity it's usually 6-8 week rehab and he's rapidly approaching the 6 week mark.

This is what I'm thinking.

I broke my right collarbone once. Not pleasant.

As much as I would love to see Raffi back in the lineup, you gotta think he's going to be pretty rusty. Besides, do you really want him out there coming off an injury if the Ducks start gooning it up? I do like the idea of him just playing on the PP though. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

This is exactly what I'm thinking. He won't be up to speed. And there's no way the Ducks will not try to go after him, especially on the boards.

I'm just grateful I don't have to make the decision.

I feel as if I'd want him to sit out this game... don't risk injury... but at the same time I want him in... I'm so torn!

He prolly has a lower body injury anyhow... prolly groin... hopefully hes 100%.

They always lie about injury!

If they're not pulling the switcheroo on the upper/lower, I'd say Rafalski tweaked his back. No other upper body thing (outside of a concussion, and since it occured between series I doubt it's that) I can think of would really prevent some form of skating... right?

If they're not pulling the switcheroo on the upper/lower, I'd say Rafalski tweaked his back. No other upper body thing (outside of a concussion, and since it occured between series I doubt it's that) I can think of would really prevent some form of skating... right?

I could see the docs being overly cautious, even if, technically speaking, there was nothing preventing him from skating.

Time will tell, I guess.