• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2009 WCSF GAME 7: Ducks 3 at Red Wings 4

Rate this topic

Haha, demon world? It was some dudes watching fireworks from the roof of their house.

Eh. I'll think about it. :P

Weird, I always thought your user name came from a character that was on Dragonball Z. :D

Since I was a huge fan of the show in my younger days, I figured that the name sounded too odd to come from anywhere else.

It's probably a class that each Ducks player must take in order to play.

Hey. It's L.A. They probably DO take "method" acting classes.

Edited by Vladifan

Guest mindfly

What did mickey redmond and ken daniels say about the refs tonight, were there alot of "hooly macrel" "come on" etc? :D

Just some quotes from the duck forums. (Merely curious) and they didn't dissapoint.

QUOTE (tyrowjames @ May 14 2009, 06:45 PM) *

Well, we had a great Season, but it's to bad that things "happen" the way they "happen".

it's jus been the same story for so long, NHL does not want us near the Finals again.

people on this board can say "what conspiracy?" but the proof was there all series long.

thanks Ducks, lets get farther next year.

I posted this BEFORE the game, original 6 was too much to pass up. Refs did their job, they didn't let the players decide the game on the ice, the game was decided by the striped shirts.

(SORRY WHAT WAS HE WATCHING? LOL)

next.

It's sad...ticky tack calls against the Ducks and huge trips, and double face off encroachments let go. Devorski and the NHL are corrupt....There is no doubt in my mind...

What a crock. So many no calls. How many high sticks must we endure or players being upended. The NHL is an absolute joke. The NHL now resides with the ranks of the rest of pro sports where skill, talent, and will get you no where. Its all about steroids, dynasties, and revenue generation. Total BS!

(this guys clearly butthurt)

next

Good for Detroit, their city can use the revenue.

(typical classy duck fan)

next

well is everyone gonna argue on here with OUR CAPTAIN Scott Niedermayer's post game interview on CBC about the goal?

He said something like, "well, he kinda pushed Hiller's pad, I didn't know that was allowed..."

and he was arguing after the game with the refs [too late obviously].

it was jus a trash goal, it's to bad the Season had to end like that.

(still crying about what was clearly a GOOD goal)

next

That ghetto city needs to burn. It is a cancer on the face of our country.

(another detroit comment, very classy)

next

Now now.. not all people from that city are as classless as Wings fan.

(hatred is obvious)

next

Not a good thing to say. Ever. That city helped build the middle class of this country. Like a lot of places, it's fallen on hard times. But tonight, it's Hockeytown again.

That being said, I hope the Hawks beat their diving, whining, hooking, stinky old hockey team. Can't believe we lost to them but there we are.

(half right but half wrong, poor sport)

in closing i would like to say personally, did the ducks fans overlook that LOOSE STICK that cost erricson to give up the puck and give the ducks a free goal? where was the officiating on that?

Quick thoughts:

- That's about as close as a series can get.

- The better team won.

- The Ducks have an incredible defense. They collapse on net and get Hiller's ****** rebounds out really quick.

- That said, Niedermayer and Pronger are overrated in their own zone. Lidstrom is still the best in the game, easily.

- The Ducks are GREAT at scoring timely goals. They seem to get a lot of lucky breaks but good teams earn their breaks.

- Getzlaf is the most underrated player in the league. I was scared every time he had the puck.

- Incredible that Datsyuk can be so cold and the Wings still win. Not many teams could overcome something like that.

- The Wings in the regular season vs. the Wings in the playoffs are like night and day. I guess there is a switch.

Ducks were bringing the pressure at the end. Shows you what happens when the refs call a bulls*** call, which in turn, causes a goal, which then switches momentum.... selanne whining. are you kidding me?

Yessir. The refs hideous calls did nothing but energize the Ducks. Not only for the goals, but the Ducks (OK, Pronger) also knew they were getting away with s*** that they knew they should be called on.

Guest Four

The better team won.

I just find it funny how Ducks think the refs are against them, yet if you wager the lists each team makes of incorrect calls, the list against Detroit would be double and ultimately gave the Ducks a chance that shouldn't have even been there.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is our first series clincher at home since the 2002 Stanley Cup finals, no?

4-2 over NSH @ NSH

4-2 over CGY @ CGY

4-2 over SJ @ SJ

4-2 over NSH @ NSH

4-0 over COL @ COL

4-2 over DAL @ DAL

4-2 over PIT @ PIT

not only that - it is the 1st wings series that has ended (win or loss) at the joe since the 2002 clincher. every series since then had been 4 or 6 games.

As much as people have ragged on Datsyuk, he showed up huge tonight. Twice on the PK and then on the Samuelsson goal. I hope he can put up more points against the Hawks. He's been great against Chicago.

Edited by Peleshob

Just some quotes from the duck forums. (Merely curious) and they didn't dissapoint.

well is everyone gonna argue on here with OUR CAPTAIN Scott Niedermayer's post game interview on CBC about the goal?

He said something like, "well, he kinda pushed Hiller's pad, I didn't know that was allowed..."

and he was arguing after the game with the refs [too late obviously].

it was jus a trash goal, it's to bad the Season had to end like that.

The way I saw it, the puck went off the back of Hiller's pad and probably would have gone in regardless of Cleary doing anything. And when a Duck defenseman has room to get in between Cleary and Hiller, it can't really be interference!

I would die a happy man if someone, somewhere, sometime just goes absolutely Bertuzzi on Pronger's ass. Seriously

Would you settle right now for the fact that he's GONE. He's yesterday's news. He's probably a drunk, whimpering, slobbering piece of s*** right now, wondering where he went wrong.

All I know is at the end of the game I did the big ol' forearm-slapping elbow finger to him and the Ducks as they skated off the ice.

The risk is they keep this up or the risk is they lay off and the Ducks get away with murder. They established nothing but inconsistency in what to expect. If this game comes down to a bad call or non call, it just isn't right for either team, the players, the fans or the game. I wonder if they get to watch some TV during the break? They should. They can see just how bad of a job they did.

And that's the other piece of s*** about the reffing. The chance (they didn't, thank god) that the Wings would back off so they wouldn't get the bulls*** calls.

GOD, I HATE THE NHL AND ALL THEIR REFS!

Guest mindfly

Hmm babcock and the staff should really fix the lines, i don't know if having hossa on the 3rd line is good

also why was samuelsson on the 1st line i sure hope it was just for this game

Edited by mindfly

Atleast the guys in the TSN studio agree that the Hudler call was maybe the worst Goalie Interference call ever.

Doesn't help us, but it's good to know the entire hockey world isn't on the same drugs that the refs seem to be.

Even the Versus guys said that during the intermission, they heard some of the Wings' scouts and brass uh..."talking" about the call.

Hmm babcock and the staff should really fix the lines, i don't know if having hossa on the 3rd line is good

also why was samuelsson on the 1st line i sure hope it was just for this game

Get off our website you intolerable, insufferable douchebag.

Edited by Z and D for the C