Sign in to follow this  
96warrior

Abdelkader skates on scoring line

Rate this topic

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/

Justin Abdelkader skates on scoring line for Red Wings

by Ansar Khan

Saturday May 16, 2009, 1:43 PM

Update from Saturday's practice: With Tomas Holmstrom struggling (no points in the Anaheim series), coach Mike Babcock used Justin Abdelkader on one of the top lines, with Pavel Datsyuk and Marian Hossa.

Here's the lines they skated with:

Franzen-Zetterberg-Cleary

Abdelkader-Datsyuk-Hossa (Leino)

Hudler-Filppula-Samuelsson

Draper-Helm-Holmstrom (Maltby)

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson-Lebda

Meech-Chelios-Lilja (scratches)

Osgood

Conklin

Howard

Guest Four

Good to see the weight switched a little to get the third line against the worst d pairing in the league..

Abdelkader has looked great in the 2 games he played. I think Homer on line 4 and then on the 1st PP is the way to go until he gets in a groove.

I dont mind this at all. What a confidence boost for justin i bet. He just needs to start running people the way he did in GR.

exactly, why isnt franzen playing with hossa?

If the Hawks are going to put a top line of Sharp-Toews-Kane out there wouldn't you want, respectively, Franzen-Zetterberg-Cleary to go after them? I know I would. I think Hossa with Datsyuk has more to do with that than anything else.

i think its a pretty good idea, but i would rather see Leino in the lineup now that we're playing against a more skilled team. Although it never hurts to have a gritty guy in the lineup

Edited by wmubronco420

I'm always wary of Abs tendency to take bad penalties. Since he may get more time 5-on-5 then I hope he's wary of staying out of the box.

That is true. The Hawks benefited from extra PP time given to them by both Calgary and Vancouver, it will be key for Abdelkader to stay out of the box if he hopes to stay on that line.

Datsyuk with Hossa again? Why? :(

AMAZING HOW SOMEPEOPLE HAVE NO READING AND COMPREHENSION. Let me translate this for you, since you must not be able to determine the reason Datsyuk and Hossa suffered together. TOMAS HOLMSTROM SUCKS 5 on 5 and has a VERY LIMITED roll on the Red Wings during tough playoff series. Ninety-SUX poisoned Datsyuk throughout the Ducks series, and coach Babcock has figured this out. Did you read the opening post at all? Abdelkader and Holmstrom switch spots. End of story. It's not "Coach going to try Datsyuk and Hossa out again" or "Datsyuk looking to rebound". It's "Abdelkader skating in what WASHolmstrom's spot". PLEASE NO MORE BLAME ON DATSYUK. 13 is a freaking wizard, but he and one other linemate cannot play 2 on 3. No 2 players in the NHL can be effective against 3 other forwards. That's called being SHORT HANDED. In effect, that's what Tomas Holmstrom does when he plays 5 on 5. He's slow and not very skilled. Ninety SUX has one job on this team now: Bang in Power Play goals. That's it. Anyone who watched all of the games against Anaheim knows this. And the STATISTICS are evidence if you're still not convinced. The "Holmstrom Hard-On" is a tough thing to get rid of because the guy has been a good player in years past and is well liked in Detroit. Even Babcock had a hard time getting rid of his HHO. But he figured it out. You should too.

AMAZING HOW SOMEPEOPLE HAVE NO READING AND COMPREHENSION. Let me translate this for you, since you must not be able to determine the reason Datsyuk and Hossa suffered together. TOMAS HOLMSTROM SUCKS 5 on 5 and has a VERY LIMITED roll on the Red Wings during tough playoff series. Ninety-SUX poisoned Datsyuk throughout the Ducks series, and coach Babcock has figured this out. Did you read the opening post at all? Abdelkader and Holmstrom switch spots. End of story. It's not "Coach going to try Datsyuk and Hossa out again" or "Datsyuk looking to rebound". It's "Abdelkader skating in what WASHolmstrom's spot". PLEASE NO MORE BLAME ON DATSYUK. 13 is a freaking wizard, but he and one other linemate cannot play 2 on 3. No 2 players in the NHL can be effective against 3 other forwards. That's called being SHORT HANDED. In effect, that's what Tomas Holmstrom does when he plays 5 on 5. He's slow and not very skilled. Ninety SUX has one job on this team now: Bang in Power Play goals. That's it. Anyone who watched all of the games against Anaheim knows this. And the STATISTICS are evidence if you're still not convinced. The "Holmstrom Hard-On" is a tough thing to get rid of because the guy has been a good player in years past and is well liked in Detroit. Even Babcock had a hard time getting rid of his HHO. But he figured it out. You should too.

You are a ******* *****. Where the hell did I write anything even close to the crap you just posted.

Hossa and Datsyuk suck together because they both want to carry the puck. End of story. Holmstrom has nothing to do with that.

:blink:

1. Tell us how you really feel...

2. Chill out before you blow a gasket

3. Homer is battling injuries - he doesn't suck

You are a ******* *****. Where the hell did I write anything even close to the crap you just posted.

Hossa and Datsyuk suck together because they both want to carry the puck. End of story. Holmstrom has nothing to do with that.

Sorry. Babcock's HHO is GONE, boy-o. Keep holding onto yours as long as you want, but Datsyuk - Hossa - Abdelkader is going to ROCK. There's nothing you can do about it. Put your Holmstrom jersey on and wait for the power plays, ok?

Sorry. Babcock's HHO is GONE, boy-o. Keep holding onto yours as long as you want, but Datsyuk - Hossa - Abdelkader is going to ROCK. There's nothing you can do about it. Put your Holmstrom jersey on and wait for the power plays, ok?

You are delusional.

I have not mentioned Holmstrom in this thread. It was you who brought it up. I merely stated my opinon that Hossa-Datsyuk suck together. I would think that regardless of who plays with them.

You are so F'ng rude. GO AWAY!! YOU SUCK! All of your posts are rude and beligerent. You have no life obviously.

You are delusional.

I have not mentioned Holmstrom in this thread. It was you who brought it up. I merely stated my opinon that Hossa-Datsyuk suck together. I would think that regardless of who plays with them.

And I merely told you that your opinion is completely RETARDED. I don't know if you watch a lot of hockey, but you need 3 players to make a good line. If your grandmother is the other winger on the Datsyuk-Hossa line, guess what's going to happen to Datsyuk and Hossa? Yah, they're going to suck together. Same with Zetterberg and Datsyuk. Same with Franzen and Datsyuk. Same with Jesus and Datsyuk. It takes 3 players to make a good line. There's a reason Holmstrom has been DEMOTED to the 4th line and Abdelkader is in his spot. It's called "HOLMSTROM SUCKS 5 on 5". What part of this do you not understand? Go back and watch the games, please. Holmstrom skates blue line to blue line. Pavel and Hossa skate goal line to goal line. You know why Holmstrom can't skate goal line to goal line? Because he FREAKING SUCKS 5 on 5, ok!!! Get rid of your HHO, ok? The guy's days on the Wings are numbered, and his effectiveness and role on the team are CLEARLY dwindling. Why do so many people treat Tomas Holmstrom like he's #19 around here? I don't understand the HHO, and never will. In the playoffs, the guy is a good power play agitator. It STOPS THERE.

P.S. Did you even notice what happened when the coach moved Holmstrom and Datsyuk to play with Zetterberg? Yah, the ZDH line started sucking too. That's why he QUICKLY moved Cleary in to fill Holmstrom's spot. Coach finally picked up on the fact that HOLMSTROM was causing the problem. That's why he's on the 4th line now. Enough Said.

And I merely told you that your opinion is completely RETARDED. I don't know if you watch a lot of hockey, but you need 3 players to make a good line. If your grandmother is the other winger on the Datsyuk-Hossa line, guess what's going to happen to Datsyuk and Hossa? Yah, they're going to suck together. Same with Zetterberg and Datsyuk. Same with Franzen and Datsyuk. Same with Jesus and Datsyuk. It takes 3 players to make a good line. There's a reason Holmstrom has been DEMOTED to the 4th line and Abdelkader is in his spot. It's called "HOLMSTROM SUCKS 5 on 5". What part of this do you not understand? Go back and watch the games, please. Holmstrom skates blue line to blue line. Pavel and Hossa skate goal line to goal line. You know why Holmstrom can't skate goal line to goal line? Because he FREAKING SUCKS 5 on 5, ok!!! Get rid of your HHO, ok? The guy's days on the Wings are numbered, and his effectiveness and role on the team are CLEARLY dwindling. Why do so many people treat Tomas Holmstrom like he's #19 around here? I don't understand the HHO, and never will. In the playoffs, the guy is a good power play agitator. It STOPS THERE.

P.S. Did you even notice what happened when the coach moved Holmstrom and Datsyuk to play with Zetterberg? Yah, the ZDH line started sucking too. That's why he QUICKLY moved Cleary in to fill Holmstrom's spot. Coach finally picked up on the fact that HOLMSTROM was causing the problem. That's why he's on the 4th line now. Enough Said.

OK :lol: