• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RyanK

Chicago Fans Complaing about Missed Calls

Rate this topic

Where did I say anything about the Pens?

Not you per se, but there are plenty of your board mates who spew out this line about Crosby and the Pens all the time, like it's some accepted fact.

Just having a chuckle at the shoe on the other foot.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Well well well...

You all seem to have no problem crying out over the supposed conspiracy to favor the Penguins.

But let it be said about your guys and.... watch out! Suddenly all such talk deserves the tin-foil hat treatment.

Amusing to say the least.

Good point. Which is exactly why I stated all teams have fans like that and they are pretty much the worst kind of fans in my book. I call them homers. They are the selective observationists. They lack objectivity.

That doesn't mean the OP or anyone else in particular is that way. But we have those types of fans just like the Pens do. And for the record why the f*&k are you posting your satirical crap over here.

Just because there are some level headed Wings fans who don't think there's a Crosby/Pens favoritism going on...it still doesn't mean we want you to start posts about your s***. There's an appropriate forum to do that in. It's called your own. Well, actually we have an appropriate one as well and it ain't the general Wings talk section. You wouldn't want Wings fans coming to your board and starting up a bunch of Wings topics would you?

Both the Wings and the Hawks got away with alot of stuff last night.

It was a good game. I think that the Hawks out played us pretty much all game but Detroit as a team never gives up and is always clam and collected. Nothing seems to rattle these guys.

To all the Hawk fans:

You have a great team and should be very proud of them and their season. I hope that this is the start of a good Hawks run. I really really do. I would love to see the Hawks make the playoffs year after year. As a hockey fan, any original six team doing well is good in my book. This year you will learn what it takes to win in the playoffs. Sure you won the first 2 rounds but rounds 3 and 4 are a different animal. I wish you guys the best of luck and I cannot way to see you guys again in the playoffs next year but this year the Wings got it.

To all the Wings Fans:

Lets not count out the hawks just yet but yes I agree the Wings have not played well in 2 games and keeps finding a way to win. I think our Wings will bring the Cup back home again.... We all know that Lord Stanley loves living in Detroit. (this is for me as well, I keep counting the Hawks out but we all know its the playoffs and anything can happen)

Seriously though I do not want to play the stupid Pens again.... Its the same team without Hossa. It will be the same outcome. The pens are not as good without Hossa. Sure Hossa is not playing up to his normal standards but he is playing well defensively and that works for me as long as our secondary scoring keeps it up.

For all you conspiracy believers here, just a view from the outside, courtesy of actual posts by Chicago fans. Seems the Pens aren't the only team being accused of puposely injuring other players, and getting away with penalty murder -- and pampering by the commish too. There's even a classic "why play the game when it's been fixed from the beginning?" one for good measure. Enjoy!

Didn't know 3 point take downs were legal.

Patrick Sharp sustained a gash on the back of his head when taken to the ice by Detroit's Justin Abdelkader Tuesday.

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2009/05/re...game_2_rec.html

--------------------

Scottys mojo

doubled

View Member Profile Today, 09:35 AM Post #2

Hall of Famer

Group: Full Member

Member No.: 20,000

Yet another penalty NOT called! Hight sticks to Kane's face, holdings, intereference...just to name a few. Lets add to this the complete BS hooking call on Bolland and the goaltender interference call on Buff for good measure.

--------------------

Detroit Sucks!

www.NextGenMuscleCars.com

~Toews19~

View Member Profile Today, 09:45 AM Post #3

Crafty Vet

Member No.: 29,738

Just split his head open. He got it fixed and is fine.

--------------------

I Believe In Red! Go HAWKS Go!

pmxc12873

View Member Profile Today, 09:55 AM Post #4

Number Retired

Member No.: 29,810

Imagine if that happened to Datsyuk?

--------------------

powerforward

What is the point in playing these games when everyone knows it's going to be Detroit vs. Pitt.

Detroit can get away with anything, but the worst part the make-up calls when a penalty is called on them.

Pitt had 2 knee on knee plays that were not even called. Both Carolina players were lost for the game (Ruutu and Cole).

(Don't bring up Lidstrom getting 2 penalties tonight, he could be called for a lot more)

Personally I actually think the refs have been farily kind to us this series, but after the Ducks one maybe they are just calling it more even idk? Either way to blame the refs when you are obviously over matched is stupid. The Hawks are Detroit lite they should just be greatful we took out the Ducks.

Yep, Hudler getting stitches to the head (no call) sure is getting away with murder. Every team everywhere is convinced that the opponent gets all the breaks and the hometown boys get the shaft. This is nothing new.

There's even a classic "why play the game when it's been fixed from the beginning?" one for good measure.

Now there's a winning attitude. Champion stuff!

I would disagree 100% with that statement. Looked to me like Buff was doing what he could not to fall on Ozzie. And he was off balance with just the crossbar holding him up at one point. I think if Ozzie didn't grab him that he never would've fallen. I think he'd have regained his balance and play would've gone on.

As for "you must remain in control of your own body at all times" I must ask 2 questions. 1. What exactly do you mean by that? 2. Have you ever put on a pair of ice skates and flung yourself all around a rink? So if I shove you into the crossbar you should get a penalty because you don't have control of your body? Maybe if I McSorely you upside the head you should get a penalty because you didn't have control of your unconsious body as you plummeted to the ice.

Sorry man, tough break. If it happened outside his crease, then it would have only been Ozzie's penalty.

Huds got shoved by Pronger which sent him to his knees and barrelling into Hiller for which he got called for Goaltender interference last series and I got no problem with that. Theres nothing you can do when you're on your knees and the momentum of a backcheck sends you into the goalie and the net.

As for your logic for if I put on a pair of skates, its pretense is false and outside the scope of this incident. You being a goon has nothing to do with the goaltender interference rules.

The refs have sucked for every team during every series this postseason. There is no conspiracy.. it's just crappy reffing. That's playoff hockey. Some stuff is let go, other stuff isn't.. and it's completely random when they decide to pocket their whistles and when they don't.

The conspiracy bullcrap is getting really old.

For the record. I hate Cindy Crosby worse than any other player in the league and it makes me sick that the NHL feels like he needs to be in every commercial. On 97.1 last night they were saying if the wings repeat this year then next year maybe they'll get their fair due with commercials, but they'll still throw Cindy in the middle of our commercial for no reason at all other than to show his lipstick lips.

Anyways.. back to the discussion at hand.

Well well well...

You all seem to have no problem crying out over the supposed conspiracy to favor the Penguins.

But let it be said about your guys and.... watch out! Suddenly all such talk deserves the tin-foil hat treatment.

Amusing to say the least.

Nah, we already know we're better than the entirety of the Eastern Conference. Stanley Cup finals were last series... we won, now we have to jump through 1.5 series to lift Lord Stanley. Our disdain for the Penguins comes from the NHL/Bettman's hard on for Crosby, Malkin and to a certain extent Ovechkin as the face of Hockey, the golden boys.... The Next One (in reference to Gretzky's title of The Great One).

If these guys are so great how come they don't have pictures of them hoisting the cup? The answer is- because we're standing in the way. I'd rather have faced the Bruins this year who earned it but they couldnt close.

If these guys are so great how come they don't have pictures of them hoisting the cup? The answer is- because we're standing in the way.

BAM!

It seems obvious that the officiating of WCF game 2 was in our favor for the first time during these playoffs. The refs treated the Hawks like they had treated us when we played the Ducks.

We caught so many breaks it got kind of embarrassing. Yes, the Hawks got away with a couple, but they could have called way more on us. Nothing violent, just hooks, holds, interference, and slashing a stick in half.

The call on Byuifliegn and Lidstrom cancelled out, neither of those should have been called.

Guest Shoreline

The only validity they'd have is that the refereeing has sucked overall this season, and I mean REALLY has sucked. To suggest that is actually favors the Red Wings though is ridiculous. It's the physical teams who do a lot of high head shots, interfering, and after-the-whistle s*** who are getting favorable calls, given the refs MO is more or less to try and make things even rather than fairly called. The worst I've seen the Wings get away with is an incidental high stick or obstruction. The worst I've seen opponents get away with, thusfar in the playoffs, is either crosschecking our players to the head or punching our goalie in the head. I'd love to see them start to cry wolf if the Wings ever got as nasty as other teams do.

Obviously the Hawks fans haven't experienced horrendous reffing before. I'd like to see them play Anaheim and then hear their opinion about the referees in this series.

Granted the calls have been inconsistent, which they have been for every game these playoffs, but they have not been skewed toward either team.

It's actually been nice watching two teams playing hockey and not worrying about cheap shots and other goon-like behavior.

I know it's frustrating when your team loses but complaining about conspiracy theories in this series is pretty unbelievable.

Hey. In response to the random pen fan who is trolling our forums. I have a question. Why? We aren't playing you, but if and when we do, I'm hoping we can win it at home this time around.

Trolling? Hardly. I've been here since before last year's finals, and was the ONLY Pens fan to come back and congratulate your team after the series. I merely post my real opinion, which isn't going to be popular sometimes.

If the two teams meet again, you would be favored I'm sure to win it wherever it's played. You're the best team in hockey until somebody knocks you off.

I live in Chicago and all is quiet over here in general with a few whiners here or there. Most of the people saying anything are just repeating a phrase or two they might hear on the AM dial or in a 20 second sports update on TV. Alot of smack being tossed around by people who wouldn't know a hook if Little Bo Peep was standing next to them cuz they bumped their heads hopping on the bandwagon.

The one thing I can say for sure is that the Wings are coming into Chi-town and will be quieting down the UC, which by the way the Hawks radio station WGN has started referring to as Thunderdome. UGH!

As for the refs, it all sucks and usually balances out at the end. The breaks go your way, then they go their way.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Sorry man, tough break. If it happened outside his crease, then it would have only been Ozzie's penalty.

Huds got shoved by Pronger which sent him to his knees and barrelling into Hiller for which he got called for Goaltender interference last series and I got no problem with that. Theres nothing you can do when you're on your knees and the momentum of a backcheck sends you into the goalie and the net.

As for your logic for if I put on a pair of skates, its pretense is false and outside the scope of this incident. You being a goon has nothing to do with the goaltender interference rules.

Actually you are incorrect as the penalty against Hudler never should've been called. It's a widely accepted fact that if you are shoved into the goaltender and the referees make the appropriate call, you should not be penalized.

Hudler should not have been penalized. The refs blowing the call doesn't make your argument valid. Frankly, you shouldn't "got no problem with that". It's a bad call. It's not an unfortunate call or how it's supposed to be called. It's a bad call. It doesn't prove your point that you "must be in control of your body at all times". It only proves that the refs can miss calls. And had the call been made correctly it would prove my point that you can't always be in control of your body and neither Hudler nor Buff should've been called for interference.

here's the rule for you: take note of the bolded section

Rule 69 - Interference on the Goalkeeper

69.1 Interference on the Goalkeeper - This rule is based on the premise that an attacking player’s position, whether inside or outside the crease, should not, by itself, determine whether a goal should be allowed or disallowed. In other words, goals scored while attacking players are standing in the crease may, in appropriate circumstances be allowed. Goals should be disallowed only if: (1) an attacking player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal; or (2) an attacking player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a goalkeeper, inside or outside of his goal crease. Incidental contact with a goalkeeper will be permitted, and resulting goals allowed, when such contact is initiated outside of the goal crease, provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact. The rule will be enforced exclusively in accordance with the on-ice judgment of the Referee(s), and not by means of video replay or review.

For purposes of this rule, “contact,†whether incidental or otherwise, shall mean any contact that is made between or among a goalkeeper and attacking player(s), whether by means of a stick or any part of the body.

The overriding rationale of this rule is that a goalkeeper should have the ability to move freely within his goal crease without being hindered by the actions of an attacking player. If an attacking player enters the goal crease and, by his actions, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to defend his goal, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.

If an attacking player has been pushed, shoved, or fouled by a defending player so as to cause him to come into contact with the goalkeeper, such contact will not be deemed contact initiated by the attacking player for purposes of this rule, provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact.

Hudler did not have control over himself because he was shoved from behind. Should not have been a penalty.

TOO bad the Hawks didn't have to play the Ducks, we may get away with a little hold or obstruction but the Duck smacks to the head, crosschecks and tackling would have really pissed them off...... By the way the refs had to have been blind to have not seen the trip of Zetterberg by Seabrook in the first period that would have given the Wings a 5 on 3.............