• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Phazon

Holland dissappointed with the revised schedule

Rate this topic

"We're not happy, I have to be honest," Wings GM Ken Holland told ESPN.com from his office Thursday. "We're disappointed that we haven't had an extra day's rest. It's a double-whammy, the quick turnaround and back-to-back games [to open the finals]. We're disappointed because we think when you win a series in five games or less, that you have earned an opportunity to have a few more days of rest

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2009/news?id=4213300

agreed, complete BS by the league. The series should had started sunday atleast.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2009/news?id=4213300

agreed, complete BS by the league. The series should had started sunday atleast.

"Next Up, Ken Holland fined $10,000 for disagreeing with league decision makers. "

I can't believe it happen like this either. But all we can do now is hope we win game 1 and 2 anyway. When we do that, the team will have even more bragging rights.

I'd absolutely love it if we won the first two home games and then at least won one of the first two away games. Wouldn't that put bettman's panties in a wad.

Another good thing is that Penguins will also play, so both teams will be equally tired. Pens swept Canes so of course they deserve the three day rest as opposed to Wings' two.

You can't tell anything before the series starts, but Wings depth should help them on a rough schedule. If Crosby and/or Malkin get injured/tired what do they have left?

this is 3 games in four nights

Good thing the Wings are playing with so many Griffins! Helm, Abs, Leino and Ericsson are all used to playing 3-in-3's. The 3-in-4 is a bonus to them!

;)

I don't like it - back to back games with Lids, Datsyuk. Ericsson and Draper injured...

Lids has already been confirmed to play and I would be shocked if both Dats and Ericsson didn't go as well...

Worst case scenario, our lines are

Franzen-Filppula-Hossa

Holmstrom-Zetterberg-Cleary

Hudler-Helm-Samuelsson

Abdelkader-Leino-Maltby

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Lebda-Chelios

still... advantage - Wings

We aren't the only team to have to play with stars out due to injuries and we won't be the last. Do I like it? No, but that is how the NHL is.

The rest of the team will have to step up and show why we are the defending SC champs. Ya play the hand you are dealt with and the more skilled and determined team will will.

Go Wings!!

I don't like it either--but we have to remember, at least the Pens are traveling. I know it's not East to West, but it's still travel (hotels, less sleep than at home, etc). That's at least one advantage in our favor. To me, one extra day of rest, but having to travel is about even.

Edited by WingsNick5

I'm trying to remember where I read it (think it was a writer from Sacramento or something), but a line of his had me nodding my head.

(paraphrased)

"You know full well that if Sidney Crosby was nursing an injury right now, the scheduling would have magically changed from where it is now."

After the shenanigans at the All-Star Weekend, this isn't too far out of the realm of possibility.

Yeah, yeah, hand me my tin-foil hat.

I don't like it either--but we have to remember, at least the Pens are traveling. I know it's not East to West, but it's still travel (hotels, less sleep than at home, etc). That's at least one advantage in our favor. To me, one extra day of rest, but having to travel is about even.

yea but thats an advantage that the wings were SUPPOSED to have by having the higher seed. the whole short rest and back-to-back games is kind of evening out an advantage that we were supposed to have from the start.

but im not gonna sit here and complain about it anymore, it is what it is and i know the wings will be ready

I can't believe he said that! Doesn't he know only message board slappies are allowed to ***** about stuff like this?! Isn't someone going to call him and tell him to STFU and suck it up and stop bitching?!

esteef

the back to back is what it is, but i would have then preferred to have game 3 in pittsburgh on Wednesday instead of Tuesday, give the 2 days off after the back to back... that would have made more sense...

i hate the scheduling, then no day games either on the weekends, ***...

I'm trying to remember where I read it (think it was a writer from Sacramento or something), but a line of his had me nodding my head.

(paraphrased)

"You know full well that if Sidney Crosby was nursing an injury right now, the scheduling would have magically changed from where it is now."

After the shenanigans at the All-Star Weekend, this isn't too far out of the realm of possibility.

Yeah, yeah, hand me my tin-foil hat.

Agree. I'm not sold on the conspiracy thing, but I do think Bettman doesn't like the Wings and sure as hell ain't gonna do them any favors, whether it ultimately means a better Finals series or not. If all things were reversed and the Pens were injury ridden, yes he'd still have the NBC s*** to deal with but something tells me the schedule would be worked somewhat differently than it is right now.

esteef

We aren't the only team to have to play with stars out due to injuries and we won't be the last. Do I like it? No, but that is how the NHL is.

The rest of the team will have to step up and show why we are the defending SC champs. Ya play the hand you are dealt with and the more skilled and determined team will will.

Go Wings!!

Hey off topic, but..lol, who is that chick licking the cup in your avatar?