• Please log in to reply
1202 replies to this topic

#921 Xitium

Xitium

Super Lurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 09:59 PM

Dont forget the press conferences on NHL.com.

If you start a new thread within two hours after a Wings game, specifically a loss, YOU ARE WRONG.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#922 TheUkrainian

TheUkrainian

The Ukrainian One

• PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:00 PM

I can't wait for the Post Game conferences....anyone putting in early bets on the Pens explanation for losing? Abs is speaking in post game, media guy Fu*ked up his name lol
Wish List: Stanley Cup!
100% pure Ukranian

#923 Zion

Zion

Hall-of-Famer

• Bronze Booster
  • 2,932 posts

Two things:

1) f*** you, Kunitz, you piece of s***

2) See #1
Hockeytown - No Limits

#924 FinRedWing

FinRedWing

Not against the cap

• HoF Booster
  • 4,598 posts

Very happy that we got the sexy W. Hopefully they'll have enough energy tomorrow to make it 2-0. GO WINGS!
Burke.gif

#925 psmitty

psmitty

Prospect

• 35 posts

QUOTE (Konnan511 @ May 30, 2009 - 11:53PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He slashed Maltby's skate while he was leaving. Albeit not a hard slash, but very unsportsmanlike none-the-less, but it's Crosby what do you expect.

lol, the ironic thing is people whining about Crosby's whining. He hasn't whined in 2 or 3 years, but wings fans are certainly whiners. Someone else posted that the hockey gods were on the wings side tonight, and they were damned right. Tell the Zamboni driver to add a little more padding to those boards. I hope you wing fans realize that you are playing a much better team than last year, the wings will need bounces like they got tonight to win this time. Congrats on game one, game 2 is in 20 hours.

#926 David

David

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 357 posts

Is it just me, or is Malkin really weak on the puck? I lost track of the number of times he had it knocked off his stick. I remember that happening frequently in last year's finals as well.

#927 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:01 PM

Is anyone close to adding Crosby to the all-time s*** list?

Lemieux - Pronger - Perry

I can't believe he cross checked Z in the head. I really want to punch him now.

#928 katiephd

katiephd

Rookie

• Pip
  • 169 posts

Video of Abdelkader speaking on NBC following game??
Babcock: Nice to win, eh?

#929 EuroTwin

EuroTwin

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,707 posts

QUOTE (theman19 @ May 30, 2009 - 10:58PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My ubber pens fan friend just told me "luck runs out, talent doesn't"

I texted back "you guys are f#%ked then"

laugh.gif

Nicely played. thumbup.gif
Hudler!!

"If you didn't know him, and saw him without hockey gear, you'd never suspect Datsyuk to be a world-class athlete. He walks a bit hunched over. His gait is somewhat crab-like, almost like he's still skating, even on dry land.

But put him on skates and he's Houdini on ice. He is not the fastest skater by a long shot, but there can't be too many who are stronger or more flexible. Checking him has to feel like checking Gumby. You might get a piece of him, but he bounces away, moving faster thanks to the leverage he gained from your check."

From The Detroit News

#930 Lidstromrules16

Lidstromrules16

the best thing about life is knowing you put it together- T. Rez

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Avery did exactly what Crosby did to Thomas' head earlier this season and the s*** was all over TSN............just sayin

#931 Systemfel

Systemfel

-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:02 PM

"See you later, Abdelgator" - Ron MacLean

"Babcock is walking" - Someone on the press conference feed

Edited by Systemfel, 30 May 2009 - 10:03 PM.

#932 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

QUOTE (TheUkrainian @ May 30, 2009 - 11:00PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't wait for the Post Game conferences....anyone putting in early bets on the Pens explanation for losing? Abs is speaking in post game, media guy Fu*ked up his name lol

Since we won 70+% of the faceoffs, I'm going to say he's gonna pull a Hitchcock and say we were cheatin...
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#933 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

QUOTE (Xitium @ May 30, 2009 - 10:59PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for reminding me about that, I nearly forgot.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#934 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,026 posts

QUOTE (psmitty @ May 30, 2009 - 09:00PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol, the ironic thing is people whining about Crosby's whining. He hasn't whined in 2 or 3 years, but wings fans are certainly whiners. Someone else posted that the hockey gods were on the wings side tonight, and they were damned right. Tell the Zamboni driver to add a little more padding to those boards. I hope you wing fans realize that you are playing a much better team than last year, the wings will need bounces like they got tonight to win this time. Congrats on game one, game 2 is in 20 hours.

Funny, 4 of 7 are in Detroit and the back boards are going to be there every game. Looks like we're gonna win the series then thumbup.gif

#NOMOREKINDL

#935 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

QUOTE (titanium2 @ May 30, 2009 - 10:54PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I missed that Crosby cross check to Zetterberg's head but I finally saw it now. Man... What the hell was that all about?

Crosby was just oozing class tonight.

Elbow to the head of Zetterberg.

Cross-check to the back of Zetterberg's head.

Flying dive to the corner, unsuccessfully trying to draw a penalty and taking himself out of the play.

After the final horn, unprovoked lackadaisical slash to Maltby.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#936 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE (Xitium @ May 30, 2009 - 09:59PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

do you think my security settings are stopping the post game from showing up? I have a black screen, and nothing ever shows up... unsure.gif

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#937 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Holy s*** what a hard-fought win. I can't believe the Wings managed to win that 2nd period 1-0.
We got a lot of good bounces tonight, but with some of the non-calls on the Pens, I think it evened out.

Helm, Abdelkader, Maltby, Ozzie.. what studs. I love this team.

Tomorrow is going to be even harder. But I'll be okay with a split. This schedule and the injuries made me fear going down 2-0 after the first two games.
This game the team showed some real strenght I thought. The Pens gave it their all, but we managed to shut down Crosby and keep Malkin to 1 point.
If we can keep those two players in check like this for 3 more games, this series is won.

Edited by dat's sick, 30 May 2009 - 10:04 PM.

#938 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

QUOTE (titanium2 @ May 30, 2009 - 11:01PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is anyone close to adding Crosby to the all-time s*** list?

Lemieux - Pronger - Perry

I can't believe he cross checked Z in the head. I really want to punch him now.

Crosby is an *******. I don't care if he's talented. He's an ******* and no amount of talent will ever change that.

Babs at the mic now.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#939 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (psmitty @ May 30, 2009 - 11:00PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If the hockey gods are on our side, we'll take it, and you can keep the refs.
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#940 ifonlyicouldskate

ifonlyicouldskate

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:04 PM

babs doing the postgame