No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
babygorilla

CBC, or NBC.

Rate this topic

CBC for me.

1. Bob Cole is epic

A good short read, from: Toronto Star.

Cole's generation, trained in radio where every play had to be described in detail for an audience that couldn't see the game, did it differently.

And while that was Cole's weakness, especially as the game speeded up and often cruelly exposed his mistakes, it also was his strength. As one TV executive once said, you could be out of the room and still know what was going on just by the rise and fall of his voice.

Cole didn't want to be interviewed on this matter, no doubt because he's a little hurt and maybe even angry.

I tried to stick with NBC, as that is what most will be watching -- but it just seems to "Hockey for Dummies" to me, and CBC takes a better look at the plays and strategies without 'dumbing it down', so to speak, to the extent that NBC seems to.

It's clear they are just speaking to different audiences, and I match up more with CBC.

I was all about CBC... but their continuous negativity regarding the Red Wings is a huge turn-off. Hate us if you will, but these Networks really ought to at least try and sell the game, no matter who is winning.

Also, with Bob Cole out, we are stuck with the drole, monotone playcalling. this might as well be curling. z-zzzzzzzzzzzzz