• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 2 GDT: Penguins 1 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Stuart has now been directly responsible for Pittsburgh's only goals.

And yet is still playing well, AND were getting all the bounces, apparantly.

s***ty period, it'd be cool if Hossa would wakeup and actually do something. Rest of the guys need to do something too, Helm is the only noticeable one.

:bad: Wings fell apart.

Refs once again help with goals....................

Wings need to wake up

I'm not blaming the refs on that one. Pittsburgh has taken over. Wings will still pull out the win, though.

Here's what I noticed:

1) Wings need to stop the soft passing. A gentle tap to push it ahead to where there is no Wings player is not going to help you keep possession.

2) Shoot the damn puck.

Good start, bad ending to a period. Thankfully Pens only scored one on an imaginary penalty. Either way, Datsyuk can not heal fast enough.

Imaginary? Are you blind? Stop the incessant bashing of the refs and realize we got outplayed.

Pavel Datsyuk, where are you? :(

Like I've said these last few days, our great 5 on 5 defense is meaningless when Pittsburgh is on the PP, because they'll have the time and space to maneuver and do what they want.

Our top players need to step it up right now. No more of this relying on 4th liners s***. Hank and Hossa have to put the put in the net. Also, it's been forever since Hudler scored a goal.

Wow, that's a big tell of our play as the period has gone on.

No forecheck over the last half of that period. Wings need to be quicker on the Pittsburgh dump-ins because they started forechecking late and it resulted in a few turnovers.

I wouldn't say Pittsburgh dominated play in that period at all, but they controlled it late by skating when the Red Wings' wouldn't, and the same could be said vice-versa over the first half of the period.

Wings need to go harder to the middle of the zone and, as Babcock & Co. said during the first period, don't pass up shots.

Missing drapes and dats badly on the face-offs (and dats in general)...actully missing Lilja too, as the superior size of the penguins forwards is causing problems, and we certainly miss him on the PK. Pens could have easily had 2 or 3 calls against them and they get their goal off a slip called from the halfway line. Its just as well the wings are so good, as the number of directly goal related calls in tight games that have gone against them in these playoffs already is crazy. we've been given 2 by the refs and had about 10 against us.....

Period started out decent enough... soon turned into a crapfest on ice. I'm sure we'll hear how it's the Wings' old legs that just can't deal with back to back games. Perhaps. I honestly don't know why they just fell apart as the period wore on. Ok, so Plan A of "get first goal and keep getting goals" is a bust. Time for Plan B... which I hope involves Matt Cooke picking his face out of the glass after a completely legal hit from Stuart.

This just in... Maxi-pad Talbot is a ******* *****.

Why do Detroit players constantly back off from pucks five feet from their feet, and fifteen feet from any Pittsburgh player?

They've been doing that all playoffs long, its just worse when they're tired. Right now, they're tired. They look similar to how the looked against Anaheim in Game 6 - worn out.

Imaginary? Are you blind? Stop the incessant bashing of the refs and realize we got outplayed.

The penalty was obvious. They got a lucky bounce(story of the series so far). After that PP, they lost the momentum. They need to regain their thoughts together and come out in the 2nd period and whoops some ass. That was a fair penalty but I do think the refs missed a few. But who cares....they just got out played.

I don't know why people are complaining about the refs.

That was a complete legit call. We came out nice in the first 10 mins, then Pitts took over.

The complaint is, the veteran ref is 15 feet away and let it go, and the rookie ref is 90 feet away and calls it...

Guest E_S_A_D

Lidstrom looks bad this game. I'm watching him a lot when he doesn't have the puck; he's very unsure. Likely battling the injury more than we'll ever know until after the series.

Ok enough about the penalty. It was the right call to make. Only thing is that they need to call it BOTH ways. We all knew Wings werent going to get the calls going into this. So this shouldnt surprise anyone.

LETS GO WINGS!!!! Make Bettman cry!