• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cupcrazy

Pavel Datsyuk, Kris Draper remain out for game 2

Rate this topic

Thanks for the update. I think Draper will good for Game 3.

Do we think Dats will be available for Game 3? What's with the broken foot rumours? I thought Babs said he was day to day?

I Hope Not!!!

I kind of figured if they were out yesterday they would be out tonight too. What can you do?

Get better hope to see them both play this round the sooner the better, 2 fresh bodies would have been nice today but even if 1 came back on tues that might help a bit.

Thanks for the update. I think Draper will good for Game 3.

Do we think Dats will be available for Game 3? What's with the broken foot rumours? I thought Babs said he was day to day?

I Hope Not!!!

There's no broken foot...xrays already said this. That said it might not be a foot injury at all...could be a damn ankle injury. They're so cryptive about it but i understand why.

Dammit not looking good for Pavel :(

I know, so upset about it. He worked so hard all year too!!!!

I'd love to see the Pens play without Crosby or Malkin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by sixer

I noticed that all of a sudden the local columnists this morning were referring matter of factly to Lidstrom's "groin injury." Which is what I suspected it was, but now we know for sure. Well, I have no idea what to think about Datsyuk's injury. What is it? Assuming they aren't lying about the x-rays coming back negative, is it a severe bruise?

The whole day to day thing is so hard to interpret. Did they really think he'd be back last week or was that a smoke screen? Sports doctors usually have a pretty good idea how long it will take for a player to heal from specific types of injuries. I guess we'll all know what the deal is in another week or so.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=424422&...vid=DL|NHL|Home

evidently datsyuk was limping out of the arena after last night's game. not a good sign. babcock tried to gloss over it, but it's become clear it's something more serious than anybody in the wings org is letting on. i wouldn't be too surprised if we don't see dats for the finals.

"Datsyuk was seen noticeably limping out Joe Louis Arena after Detroit's series-opening 3-1 victory Saturday night and there were fears Datsyuk might have regressed in his rehabilitation. When he didn't make an appearance at Sunday's optional skate, those fears intensified."

if he's still limping more than a week and a half after supposedly bruising his foot, it's gotta be more than a bruise, right?

i kind of expected datsyuk to be out yet again , wasn't sure on draper, i expected datsyuk to sit out if we got the 1-0 series lead to buy him extra time , im hoping he will be back game 3, if we go up 2-0 tonight though the latest i expect to see him back would be game 4 ( i can't imagine him not giving it a shot in the finals )

I noticed that all of a sudden the local columnists this morning were referring matter of factly to Lidstrom's "groin injury." Which is what I suspected it was, but now we know for sure. Well, I have no idea what to think about Datsyuk's injury. What is it? Assuming they aren't lying about the x-rays coming back negative, is it a severe bruise?

The whole day to day thing is so hard to interpret. Did they really think he'd be back last week or was that a smoke screen? Sports doctors usually have a pretty good idea how long it will take for a player to heal from specific types of injuries. I guess we'll all know what the deal is in another week or so.

Do you mean Drapes? Or does Lids playing with a lingering groin issue, too?

Guest lnvincible
Do you mean Drapes? Or does Lids playing with a lingering groin issue, too?

I really think Dats has bruise. You have no idea how much it hurts to play with or even walk. It usually goes away after like a week or so but from a puck i have no idea. Ive had a Bruised foot and it took 1 - 2 weeks to heal. So im guessing Dats should be ready within this week with the treatment he gets, thats of course unless its a bruise..

The incredible thing about the injuries is the way the Griff Kids have responded. Holy frikin cow! Ericcson has stepped in like a poised vet. The Nightmare (on Helm Street) has done an unbelievable job. That Penalty Kill is a shift for all time.

Leino gets a point, Abdelkader scores a goal. Once again, hats off to the Griff Kids. They understand the responisibility of playing for the Cup Final because Dats and Drapes and Lils are all out. And WoW have they responded.

Go Wings!

Edited by T.Low

like I already said here around one week ago one of the old Dats' coaches had a talk with him and revealed that his injury is not related to bruised foot but more like hip flexor which is, according to him, is not that serious but really annoying. Also he said Dats will be out for Chicago series (remeber it was one week ago). here is the link in russian Krikunov's interview.

I remember in the 2001 playoffs there was talk of Yzerman playing for a potential game 7 against the Kings, but then we found out that his injury was way worse than anyone was letting on. The team is never going to be truthful about injuries.

I would be surprised if he plays at all in this series, because I'm guessing that he is severely injured for him not to be playing in games of this magnitude.

I remember in the 2001 playoffs there was talk of Yzerman playing for a potential game 7 against the Kings, but then we found out that his injury was way worse than anyone was letting on. The team is never going to be truthful about injuries.

I would be surprised if he plays at all in this series, because I'm guessing that he is severely injured for him not to be playing in games of this magnitude.

As long as he's back in time to skate around the ice with the Cup....

The incredible thing about the injuries is the way the Griff Kids have responded. Holy frikin cow! Ericcson has stepped in like a poised vet. The Nightmare (on Helm Street) has done an unbelievable job. That Penalty Kill is a shift for all time.

Leino gets a point, Abdelkader scores a goal. Once again, hats off to the Griff Kids. They understand the responisibility of playing for the Cup Final because Dats and Drapes and Lils are all out. And WoW have they responded.

Go Wings!

The Wings are a lot deeper now than in 2007 when the injuries were a contributing factor in the loss to Anaheim.

I have a member of the family who has been playing in the NHL for the approx 10 years and was the captain of a team for 2 of those years.

I spoke to him today about the wings and his gut feeling is that dats had a broken foot. He was telling me stories of the years that he played in the cup finals (WON 2 CUPS) and the lengths the team would go to hide such injuries from the media. His guess is that we wont see dats until atleast game 4 or 5 unless we get into dire trouble.

Good news now is that he has been watching both teams thru the playoffs and his beliefs are that detroit is too strong for pittsburg. He fully beleives that detroit will prevail!!

This is all just speculation from one man but i think he has a little more knowledge about this kinda stuff than the majority or us do. So here's hoping that he is wrong and right.. get it ??

Edited by yzefan