• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 3 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Penguins 4

Rate this topic

I wasn't interested in your pointless question. However, I can answer another one of your questions. Like this one, "What scent ****** did your mother use last night?"

The same one your mom used, SliderJeff tongue-flavored, why? :) j/k

You guys need to take a giant Xanax and chill. The Wings played a solid 30 mins out of 60 and nearly won a must-win game for the Pens. Yeah, some of the missed calls sucked ass and I was pissed off about it at first, but s*** happens. Our PK continues to smell like a pig farm in August. I was pissed off at Ozzie at first, but at least one of those was a deflection. The missed 6-men was positively infuriating... as were several of the blatant head hits. I'm ok with obstruction calls.. but call it consistently. Set the expectation with the teams before the puck drops and call it according to what you said... for all 60 or more minutes. Don't change things with 9 minutes to go. Call the dirty s*** after the whistle, before the whistle and during the whistle. It doesn't seem quite as bad as the f*Ducks, but they are douchebags just the same.

Hugs and smooches to all the LGW gang. We'll get 'em next game and the one after that.

SNAP THE FLIGHTLESS WATERFOWL'S NECKS!

LETS GO WINGS!

But they didn't score any.

They had periods like that against Anaheim too and that series went 7.

As I said earlier, if the Pens were a bit more consistent defensively in their system, I'd say we are looking at Anaheim part deux.

Thats whats worrying me. We're getting on by the skin of our teeth in the goal scoring department. It was good to see Franzen and Hank capitalize tonight, but like I've said before, it drives me ******* stir crazy that we can never have all of our big guns going in 1 game. Its a rarity that Hank, Hossa, and Franzen are ever dominant offensively in the same game.

Hossa is really starting to piss me the f*** off, honestly. This is your former team. This is your chance at a cup. You're a ******* goal scorer for christ's sake. SCORE A GOAL FOR YOUR TEAM WHEN THEY NEED IT MOST. Hossa has GOT to start becoming a difference maker in this series.

Is it just me, or do Gill and Orpik commit a penalty on every shift?

It's just you,

Well the bounces we more even during that game. The wings really owned the 2nd, really dulled the game down actually, I guess a good road strategy, but the Pens owned the 3rd. For all of the wings talent they really play a boring style, likely why they can't fill their building in "hockeytown" despite having a consistent winning team. The hawks would have been a better opponent from an entertainment and ratings perspective. The wings play much better with the lead than they do from behind. Ozzie let in a suspect goal from Tanger. Pens still in a hole and need game 4. Good luck in game 4 wings fans.

cheers

I wasn't interested in your pointless question. However, I can answer another one of your questions. Like this one, "What scent ****** did your mother use last night?"

Typical response from the mentally challenged. If this forum required an IQ of > 75, you'd never make it in.

Thats whats worrying me. We're getting on by the skin of our teeth in the goal scoring department. It was good to see Franzen and Hank capitalize tonight, but like I've said before, it drives me ******* stir crazy that we can never have all of our big guns going in 1 game. Its a rarity that Hank, Hossa, and Franzen are ever dominant offensively in the same game.

Hossa is really starting to piss me the f*** off, honestly. This is your former team. This is your chance at a cup. You're a ******* goal scorer for christ's sake. SCORE A GOAL FOR YOUR TEAM WHEN THEY NEED IT MOST. Hossa has GOT to start becoming a difference maker in this series.

^ This.

Curious if the Wings bench noticed the 6 on 5. I mean really, over 20 seconds and no ref or anybody on the Wings bench noticed and started yelling about it? Yeah, granted, mistakes can be made and not noticed, but really?? for over 20 seconds? Hell the commentators were yelling about it long enough that somebody could have called the Wings bench and let them know.

It's just you,

Well the bounces we more even during that game. The wings really owned the 2nd, really dulled the game down actually, I guess a good road strategy, but the Pens owned the 3rd. For all of the wings talent they really play a boring style, likely why they can't fill their building in "hockeytown" despite having a consistent winning team. The hawks would have been a better opponent from an entertainment and ratings perspective. The wings play much better with the lead than they do from behind. Ozzie let in a suspect goal from Tanger. Pens still in a hole and need game 4. Good luck in game 4 wings fans.

cheers

That boring style you refer to is what wins championships.

Maybe your team will learn from that and Crosby and Malkin will learn how to play defense for a change.

Just watch your boy Crosby breeze by the play on that 1st Wings goal.

I like the optimism in this thread, but I doubt we're winning tonight.

We'll be battling the NHL and referees all night as well, unlike the first 2 games.

I think it'll be 4-2 Pens.

BUT, I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hope we win.

good call....thats pretty much what i was thinking all day, no way the league lets detroit sweep cindys team...now take the next 2 and celebrate on home ice

Oh yes you did, clutch. Yes, you most certainly did.

You just didn't want to be called out for slamming a guy who's been one of the main reasons the Wings are back in the Finals in the first place., after he had a mediocre game.

I hope Ozzie's much better next Game.

The Wings are gonna need him.

He was head and shoulders better than Fleury in the 1st 2 games. I think he'll return to that. I'm not ready to call him out or anything.

Curious if the Wings bench noticed the 6 on 5. I mean really, over 20 seconds and no ref or anybody on the Wings bench noticed and started yelling about it? Yeah, granted, mistakes can be made and not noticed, but really?? for over 20 seconds? Hell the commentators were yelling about it long enough that somebody could have called the Wings bench and let them know.

I pointed this out during the game.

Babcock should take some blame on that, especially since the linesman was right in front of the bench to hear what the bench would yell at him.

I pointed this out during the game.

Babcock should take some blame on that, especially since the linesman was right in front of the bench to hear what the bench would yell at him.

I don't think Babcock should be counting players - one of the assistants should be though. If I were Babs, I would ream one of those 2 a new one.

I don't think Babcock should be counting players - one of the assistants should be though. If I were Babs, I would ream one of those 2 a new one.

Watch the replay; almost everybody on the bench is yelling at the linesman. That's what got Eaton's attention to skate back to the bench

Watch the replay; almost everybody on the bench is yelling at the linesman. That's what got Eaton's attention to skate back to the bench

In that case, the whole thing was rigged.

Bettman told that linesman ahead of time that at some point in the game, the Pens would get a 6 on 5 for about twenty seconds.

That boring style you refer to is what wins championships.

No argument there, Wings and Devils bread and butter. But certainly not exciting when they get the lead or are on the road.

Maybe your team will learn from that and Crosby and Malkin will learn how to play defense for a change. Just watch your boy Crosby breeze by the play on that 1st Wings goal.

I think they need to work on limiting turnovers, they are both decent defensively and will get better as they get older, the 1st goal I would blame Orpik more than Sid, Orpik was out at the blueline instead of in front of the net, but Sid could have picked up Zets.

Well, call Detroit's defense whatever you want, but the Wings are probably the most skilled team in the league and score more goals than anyone else. I don't find that boring. The only thing I'd like to see more of from them is fighting, but that's not gonna happen any time soon.

I was pretty annoyed at Cleary for taking that obvious penalty in the first.... Instead of up 2-1 at the intermission it ends up back 2-2....

The Wings PK needs to be better indeed but it doesn't help when you take dumb penalties...

In that case, the whole thing was rigged.

Bettman told that linesman ahead of time that at some point in the game, the Pens would get a 6 on 5 for about twenty seconds.

Is anyone here really surprised at tonight's outcome, though? I think we all new something absolutely retarded was going to happen, and oh, look, it did. Personally I thought it was gonna be a run on 5-on-3's, but this was much, much awesomer.

Is anyone here really surprised at tonight's outcome, though? I think we all new something absolutely retarded was going to happen, and oh, look, it did.

Not really, I honestly thought the Pens were going to blow us out after watching the first five minutes. It's just the fact that the Wings were so close to taking a 3-0 lead that bugs the crap out of me, just like the Chicago series.