• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 3 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Penguins 4

Rate this topic

scapegoat ( ) n. One that is made to bear the blame of others......ehhh yea, right. Unless you feel the need to single out a few other unworthy players, what would you call it?

There are a few others to call out, although not one of them is making anywhere near the coin Hossa is making.

Sensitive huh?

I think having Dats back will be huge, however, not with Hossa please. Dats's defensive play, stick handling and crisp passing will go a long way to help us not fumble in our zone all day with these guys. Still, a little better work ethic from quite a few guys can take care of that too. No, the Wings always seem to kill our nerves with one like this. On off on off on off... enough to drive a person nuts.

Thursday Dats in for Leino and Draper in for Maltby....

Maltby has played too well to take him out of the line up. Leino definitely needs to come out of the line up because he has done nothing to impress me. Yes, he has two assists, but his assist tonight looked more like him losing the puck and Z burying it, not really a pass. Abs had his little hot streak, but this team needs some really good veteran leadership for Game #4. Draps and dats in the line up will help bolster our face off numbers and our PK units. Also, Dats needs to shut down Malkin because nobody else is.

Guest DetroitBoy313

That Samuelsson goal post kind of sux right about now......he buries that shot,whole nother' ball game.Goodnight people.

Did anyone else get the idea that someone told the Wings that they had a 3 goal lead at the start of the 3rd? They didn't put their skates on until after Pittsburgh's game winner was scored. Horrible showing.

Anyone else notice that a player whom, by the nhl rule book, should have been suspended for this game ends up netting three assists?

...and before anyone jumps all over me, i agree with him not being suspended for this game... just thaugh i'd mention it is all.

he should have been suspended, black and white, cut and dry. What about when he swung his stick at Zets head? Noone makes mention of that. Lets let Pit do what ever they want and even if they do get a penalt, we'll recind it. Whats next, the NHL recinds an interference call on PIT and takes away a Detroit goal? NHL Gutless..... We cannot supend a star player, no, that wouldn't be right, we have showcase this boy (yes, boy)

Happy ******* birthday Gary, you got the present you wanted the most. Seriously how do you go from dominance in the second to complete bed s***ting in the third? Dear God Pav, please come back.

Our PK didn't help.

I want to say that five hole goal was maybe a softie.

The 5-hole goal deflected off of Kronner's. Still, that's no excuse.

exciting game! sure, it would have been nice to have a different result but pittsburgh did what they were expected to do. the pressure is on the pens to not allow for a split on their home ice. either way, the pens have to win 4 of the last 5 games against this red wings team. while not impossible, its highly improbable and unlikely at best.

the gameplan was solid and came very close to resulting in a steal on pittsburgh's ice. while tired and rightfully so, don't expect the wings to rest on their laurels. this is a veteran team with years of experience and they've proven time and again to be the more disciplined group of players on the ice.

looking forward to another close match-up thursday. i highly doubt dats is ready to return but draper will add some much needed faceoff and pk help. the rest of the lineup can remain as is, as far as i'm concerned.

There are a few others to call out, although not one of them is making anywhere near the coin Hossa is making.

Sensitive huh?

Not at all....just amused by some of you mental midgets who determine a player's value to the team on a game to game basis.....we win, player gets a couple of points....the guy's a god.......we lose, player doesn't show up in the offensive stats, and he's "useless" and "along for the ride".......gotta love it, and I'm sure that some of these players are glad you guys call youself "fans".

He was screened by Kronwall I think. Let it go man, he's been lights out for us. He did not cost us this game.

I'm not saying he did, but as someone who has defended Ozzie from the start, I can understand why people would think that is soft.

That puck went in the perfect spot between Osgood's pads. Hate goals like that.

babs is telling it like it is!

Mike what about the too many men on the ice?

Babs:.... What do you want me to say (chuckles)

priceless

Babcock up's and leaves the presser. He's pissed and going to give it to the team.

Edited by Mike