• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FunkedUp

Lilja wants to play

Rate this topic

Little bit on Lilja in an article from Mlive. Hope he gets well soon. LINK

Defenseman Andreas Lilja still has headaches but tried to convince doctors to let him play in the last round.

"We were down two guys (with injuries), and you feel that you want to do your part," Lilja said. "They (doctors) are pretty hard to convince. I tried it, Draper tried it when he was hurt. Some stuff they just don't want to gamble with, and, obviously, that's smart. If you really think it through, I probably shouldn't play.

"I think the sand in the clock is starting to run out. I just try to enjoy the practices and have as much fun as I can with the guys and enjoy seeing them play."

Who wouldn't want to play right now? I bet Dats, Draper, and Mac also feel the same way. I love 'ya Lils but you can't mess around with a concussion. Get healthy, dude, we're gonna need you next year.

anyone else think that if pavs and lils aren't able to come into this series and we do actually win the cup that they will at least be dressed in the locker room to come out to the ice for the festivities? Is that even allowed?

anyone else think that if pavs and lils aren't able to come into this series and we do actually win the cup that they will at least be dressed in the locker room to come out to the ice for the festivities? Is that even allowed?

Yeah, it's definitely allowed and will happen. Lilja had a great year, I really hope he can recover from this, but having headaches for this long after is not good=(.

Yeah, it's definitely allowed and will happen. Lilja had a great year, I really hope he can recover from this, but having headaches for this long after is not good=(.

+1

not only will Lils, Dats, Drapes and Mac be out there, but so will all the "black aces"

Edited by stevkrause

Yes, it is allowed. If you noticed last year, all the Black Aces were out there lifting the Cup and celebrating, so you can bet that Pasha and Andreas will be there. I agree with you though, this is probably eating them alive, not being able to be out there. My heart aches for both of them.

Man I'd love to see Lilja back out there and playing. I think he would do a tremendous job if he was healthy. That's jus something you can't really fool around with is your health and I know it's gotta be killing him to just watch but I'd rather see him back next season than see him play in this finals series and have a career ending injury.

Let's Go Detroit Red Wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!