• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BewareThePenguin

Is Osgood on the verge of a meltdown?

Rate this topic

Those who've read my posts know I've been a fan of your goalie's play, particularly in big-game situations. But even ardent Detroit fans will admit he's had a history of, shall we say, crack-ups in the past.

Is Osgood about to crack a bit -- or at least become a bit more mortal? Will the Pens find scoring on him easier? Will he blow up at some point? I can only hope so.

(Of course, that said he'll probably be a wall Thursday Night -- but if he isn't, remember, you read it here first.)

Those who've read my posts know I've been a fan of your goalie's play, particularly in big-game situations. But even ardent Detroit fans will admit he's had a history of, shall we say, crack-ups in the past.

Is Osgood about to crack a bit -- or at least become a bit more mortal? Will the Pens find scoring on him easier? Will he blow up at some point? I can only hope so.

(Of course, that said he'll probably be a wall Thursday Night -- but if he isn't, remember, you read it here first.)

I wonder if Fleury is on the edge of a breakdown. He's about to lose his 2nd consecutive SCF and some of the goals he gives up are ones he scores on himself.

I said it after the game 3 loss to Chicago and it bares repeating - all you did last night was piss him off. Expect a focused, unmovable effort by Osgood tomorrow night. The man is a proven winning, its going to take alot more than last night to shake him.

I don't know if you witnessed anything personally, and I certainly didn't see anything on VS, but if this really did happen he's fined or suspended. It's okay for hockey players to beat up on each other, but grabbing a civilian is assault. If you can post video maybe I'll believe it: trust, but verify.

The Penguins played with more jump, got some of those breaks they were asking for and the Wings played sloppy. Osgood isn't melting down. He let in a bad goal, but that happens even to good goalies, you should know that.

Is your sole purpose in posting on this site to instigate nonsense threads in a veiled attempt at trolling? Lame. If Osgood is on the verge of a meltdown, then Fleury went Chernobyl 3 games ago.

Boy, you have your ass covered both ways. Way to go out on a limb!

Please go home now.

Is your sole purpose in posting on this site to instigate nonsense threads in a veiled attempt at trolling? Lame. If Osgood is on the verge of a meltdown, then Fleury went Chernobyl 3 games ago.

Three Mile Island would have been a more apropos allusion, but I see what you were going for.

Osgood had a poor game 3 or 5 last year in the SCF, I cant remember which.

Every goalie has a bad game every once in a while, keep dreamin.

Exactly! I have 100% full faith in Ozzie...he'll bounce back just fine in game 4.

All three goals against Osgood last night were off deflections - the first two off Wings defensemen.

Pittsburgh has only scored two even strength goals this entire series. Sad.

I don't know if you witnessed anything personally, and I certainly didn't see anything on VS, but if this really did happen he's fined or suspended. It's okay for hockey players to beat up on each other, but grabbing a civilian is assault. If you can post video maybe I'll believe it: trust, but verify.

The Penguins played with more jump, got some of those breaks they were asking for and the Wings played sloppy. Osgood isn't melting down. He let in a bad goal, but that happens even to good goalies, you should know that.

Osgood has as much chance of being suspended as Malkin.

Yes, even the best allow a bad one now and then. It just seems especially rare with Osgood in playoff situations. Or do I not watch enough Wings' hockey?

To be honest, I think being somewhat crazy is the sign of a great goalie. Roy, Hasek, Brodeur, Belfour, Luongo, and Ozzie have all seemed to appear at least a little nutty. As far as meltdown goes, one game does not make a pattern.

You know that's an excellent point. Fleury (whom I hope can join the ranks of the above someday) is a little eccentric too. Seems to go wit the territory.

And no, no pattern yet -- can you blame me for hoping though?