• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 5 GDT: Penguins 0 at Red Wings 5

Rate this topic

I feel this series is due for an OT game. And those can always go either way.

I'll be nervous as heck today.

Sweden has a must-win against Denmark in the World Cup qualifiers, and almost right afterwards it's this game.. not quite a must-win (I think the Wings can bounce back since they get 2 days rest after this one), but very close. Throw in Soderling's final against Federer at Roland Garros tomorrow and this weekend is sure to take it's toll on my nerves.

I'm going to say 3-3 in regulation.. and Hossa with the GWG?

I will be up early watching the Open too. Soderling played well, but I hope Federer hoist his first Cup on the clay.

Go Wings.

Yeah I'd like to pick up a case or two of those. Please tell.

Pavel Datsyuk trusts his beer to Samuel Adams... You should too? :blink:

(Not sure if that is actually the beer.. it's a joke.)

Guest Shoreline

Had it recorded, since I was out of town going camping. What a beautiful offensive spark, the last minute frustration on their part was hilarious. The defense was finally on it's game as well. Found it funny that Bylsma couldn't even admit Malkin might have committed a penalty in the post-game stuff.

What a game. I watched this at my buddy's house with a few Wings fans and a bunch of people going for the Pens, so it was even more sweet.

Welcome back Pavel.

What kind of beer does he like?

It's called Warsteiner. It's from Germany. There is a light and a dark (I have the dark - it's excellent). My friend John runs the Lake General Store in Lake, MI, and he ordered it in for me. I know you can get it at Horrock's in Lansing, but I would think any good store that carries imported beers should either have it or be able to get it. It's good stuff.

Edited by Kira

It's called Warsteiner. It's from Germany. There is a light and a dark (I have the dark - it's excellent). My friend John runs the Lake General Store in Lake, MI, and he ordered it in for me. I know you can get it at Horrock's in Lansing, but I would think any good store that carries imported beers should either have it or be able to get it. It's good stuff.

Warsteiner is excellent.

Whew! Fantastic experience out there. First Final game for me in oh... 14 years, and that first one didn't turn out so well. Got home and had to go through the Tivo recording to see if the Joe, in the last three minutes specifically, was as freaking loud singing on the TV as it was in the arena.

That place was dynamite tonight!

The icing on the cake was that Malkin's parents were sitting a few rows in front of us. It was absolutely glorious watching his father squirm there... Does Malkin have brothers? Maybe it's two friends he had travel with his parents (they were sporting Russian Malkin jerseys).... Those guys looked like they were absolutely smashed even before the game started -- or maybe they were just "that way".

Bonus: We stuck around the Joe after the game had finished and walked to the concourse and actually ran into NeverForgetMac25 and his wife. While talking with them Malkin's parents came out from the arena onto the concourse and waited for a bit. They had at least 1 bodyguard (probably 2, one was obvious, but the other was in a suit jacket that was trying to block as many people from taking pictures of his parents as possible. A group of Wings fans must've saw them and started chanting "Cros-by Sucks!" (not sure why him and not #71), to which Malkin's dad popped the middle finger.

Absolutely priceless.

Fantastic game, fantastic experience. End it Tuesday.

Whew! Fantastic experience out there. First Final game for me in oh... 14 years, and that first one didn't turn out so well. Got home and had to go through the Tivo recording to see if the Joe, in the last three minutes specifically, was as freaking loud singing on the TV as it was in the arena.

That place was dynamite tonight!

The icing on the cake was that Malkin's parents were sitting a few rows in front of us. It was absolutely glorious watching his father squirm there... Does Malkin have brothers? Maybe it's two friends he had travel with his parents (they were sporting Russian Malkin jerseys).... Those guys looked like they were absolutely smashed even before the game started -- or maybe they were just "that way".

Bonus: We stuck around the Joe after the game had finished and walked to the concourse and actually ran into NeverForgetMac25 and his wife. While talking with them Malkin's parents came out from the arena onto the concourse and waited for a bit. They had at least 1 bodyguard (probably 2, one was obvious, but the other was in a suit jacket that was trying to block as many people from taking pictures of his parents as possible. A group of Wings fans must've saw them and started chanting "Cros-by Sucks!" (not sure why him and not #71), to which Malkin's dad popped the middle finger.

Absolutely priceless.

Fantastic game, fantastic experience. End it Tuesday.

Stay class, Mr. and Mrs. Malkin! Glad that you had a nice time! :lol:

Blech, never been big on Warsteiner. I'm more of a fan of wheat beers, hefeweizen and the like. All playoffs I've been drinking Rickard's White, which is far from the best hef out there but it's the easiest stuff for me to find around here.

Had it recorded, since I was out of town going camping. What a beautiful offensive spark, the last minute frustration on their part was hilarious. The defense was finally on it's game as well. Found it funny that Bylsma couldn't even admit Malkin might have committed a penalty in the post-game stuff.

It's physics man- his elbow rode up on the shoulder pads. Physics... like ask Pronger and s***. Word.