• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jaymz99

Heads Up - NO JOE VISION TOMORROW!

Rate this topic

It's not CBC?

cbc comes in like s*** and Charter doesn't offer cbcHD in my area

oh well this will be the last time NBC is on my tv until next spring which i hope by then the NHL finds an alternative.

thank god heroes is on DVD now :)

cbc comes in like s*** and Charter doesn't offer cbcHD in my area

oh well this will be the last time NBC is on my tv until next spring which i hope by then the NHL finds an alternative.

thank god heroes is on DVD now :)

I'm all ghetto and don't have HD anyway. I'll be watching CBC except between periods (I can't handle Don Cherry). I was geeked to go watch it at The Joe though.

I'm all ghetto and don't have HD anyway. I'll be watching CBC except between periods (I can't handle Don Cherry). I was geeked to go watch it at The Joe though.

i would do the non-hd cbc but its really snowy

Here is a form letter I made. I made it quickly so if there's any mistakes feel free to correct it.

Please send it to all your friends/news outlets/anyone you think might care. Anyone who has access to the Pens board, get it to them too. Even though we're on opposite sides on the ice, we all have the same interests here. We should band together.

--------------------------

Dear Mr. _________________

As you are probably aware, NBC recently refused to provide viewing rights for Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals to both Joe Louis Arena in Detroit and an outdoor screen at Mellon Arena in Pittsburgh. Unfortunately, this has left a lot of fans in both cities very disappointed.

For these cities, the hockey team is more than just a moneymaking endeavor. The Red Wings and Penguins are a part of the community. In a time when so much of the news we read is disappointing, our hockey teams are an uplifting cause to rally for. Attending a game with thousands of other fans, even if it's just watching on TV, is an incredible experience.

Not everyone has the chance to spend the money to go watch their team play in person and experience the Game Day atmosphere, and these public viewings are an inexpensive way to do so. For the Red Wings' viewing, the money even goes toward charity.

Additionally, it seems like NBC is refusing a great marketing opportunity. Is there any better way to sell a sport than to show people who are actually interested? Imagine if instead of refusing to show the broadcast, NBC cut to pictures of thousands of fans going wild and supporting their teams throughout the game. It seems like great publicity. It would make me watch.

It is disappointing that not only is NBC refusing to participate in something that raises money for charity and would generate positive publicity for the league, it is withholding traditions which have brought so many people together. In Detroit, there is a very high unemployment rate. Not everyone can afford to go out and spend money on non-essentials, but I can guarantee that many of these people might come down for an inexpensive game.

I strongly urge you to reconsider your decision to refuse to provide television rights for these events.

Thank you for your time,

Sincerely,

-------------

NBC comment line 212-664-2333

NBC: 1-818-840-4444

Jeff Zucker 212-664-4444

jeff.zucker@nbcuni.com

President NBC Entertainment

c/o NBC-TV

3000 West Alameda Ave.

Burbank., CA 91523

Dick Ebersol

212-664-2014

dick.ebersol@nbcuni.com

Ken Schanzer

212-664-2014

ken.schanzer@nbcuni.com

The word I'm hearing on the 97.1 the Ticket is that they're not allowing the Penguins to show the game on the big screen outside of Mellon Arena, either...so at least it's not just us who are getting f*cked by NBC. It's going to take a last ditch effort by both cities to get this reversed in time for the game tomorrow....

Edited by Yzersyukstromberg

According to a post on hockeytownforum.detroitredwings.com

"Hockeytown cafe is going to have a game 6 viewing party. They said it would be shown in the city theater, throughout the building, and then on their outdoor screen. They did say if you come for the outdoor viewing bring your own lawn chair."

http://hockeytownforum.detroitredwings.com...st&p=105083

Here's an alternative, though does anyone know how many people the city theatre (which I assume is within Hockeytown Cafe?) holds?

Here is a form letter I made. I made it quickly so if there's any mistakes feel free to correct it.

Please send it to all your friends/news outlets/anyone you think might care. Anyone who has access to the Pens board, get it to them too. Even though we're on opposite sides on the ice, we all have the same interests here. We should band together.

As you are probably aware, NBC recently refused to provide viewing rights for Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals to both Joe Louis Arena in Detroit and an outdoor screen at Mellon Arena in Pittsburgh. Unfortunately, this has left a lot of fans in both cities very disappointed.

For these cities, the hockey team is more than just a moneymaking endeavor. The Red Wings and Penguins are a part of the community. In a time when so much of the news we read is disappointing, our hockey teams are an uplifting cause to rally for. Attending a game with thousands of other fans, even if it's just watching on TV, is an incredible experience.

Not everyone has the chance to spend the money to go watch their team play in person and experience the Game Day atmosphere, and these public viewings are an inexpensive way to do so. For the Red Wings' viewing, the money even goes toward charity.

Additionally, it seems like NBC is refusing a great marketing opportunity. Is there any better way to sell a sport than to show people who are actually interested? Imagine if instead of refusing to show the broadcast, NBC cut to pictures of thousands of fans going wild and supporting their teams throughout the game. It seems like great publicity. It would make me watch.

It is disappointing that not only is NBC refusing to participate in something that raises money for charity and would generate positive publicity for the league, it is withholding traditions which have brought so many people together. In Detroit, there is a very high unemployment rate. Not everyone can afford to go out and spend money on non-essentials, but I can guarantee that many of these people might come down for an inexpensive game.

I strongly urge you to reconsider your decision to refuse to provide television rights for these events.

Thank you for your time,

Sincerely,

-------------

Jeff Zucker 212-664-4444

jeff.zucker@nbcuni.com

c/o NBC-TV

3000 West Alameda Ave.

Burbank., CA 91523

Dick Ebersol

212-664-2014

dick.ebersol@nbcuni.com

Ken Schanzer

212-664-2014

ken.schanzer@nbcuni.com

I used this template and emailed all the above.

Here are more emails that I found on thepensblog.

NBC CONTACT INFORMATION:

If you disagree with this decision and feel the need to respectfully have your opinion heard, NBC Sports can be reached at nbcsports@nbcuni.com

Brian Walker, Senior Director at NBC Sports can be reached at brian.walker@nbcuni.com

Adam Freifeld, Director of Communications at NBC Sports can be reached at adam.freifeld@nbcuni.com

Mike McCarley, VP Communications and Marketing at NBC Universal Sports & Olympics can be reached at Mike.McCarley@nbcuni.com

Lyndsay Iorio, Communications Coordinator at NBC Sports can be reached at Lyndsay.iorio@nbcuni.com

Kathy Connors, Manager, Sports Communications at NBC Sports can be reached at kathy.connors@nbcuni.com

NBC can be reached by phone at 212-664-4444 or by fax at 212-664-4426

NBC Sports can be reached by phone at 212-664-2642

NBC CONTACT INFORMATION:

If you disagree with this decision and feel the need to respectfully have your opinion heard, NBC Sports can be reached at nbcsports@nbcuni.com

Brian Walker, Senior Director at NBC Sports can be reached at brian.walker@nbcuni.com

Adam Freifeld, Director of Communications at NBC Sports can be reached at adam.freifeld@nbcuni.com

Mike McCarley, VP Communications and Marketing at NBC Universal Sports & Olympics can be reached at Mike.McCarley@nbcuni.com

Lyndsay Iorio, Communications Coordinator at NBC Sports can be reached at Lyndsay.iorio@nbcuni.com

Kathy Connors, Manager, Sports Communications at NBC Sports can be reached at kathy.connors@nbcuni.com

Thank you for the help, ClassyPensFan. You live up to your name.

Might we spread this campaign to the the Pens board? It would help both sides if we came together on this.

Thank you for the help, ClassyPensFan. You live up to your name.

Might we spread this campaign to the the Pens board? It would help both sides if we came together on this.

Pens fans already started when the NBC announced that they wouldn't allow the games to be shown for the entire playoffs. As shown by the below links.

http://www.thepensblog.bloguin.com/pensblo...n.html#JOSC_TOP

http://community.post-gazette.com/blogs/em...ns-4-16-09.aspx

Right now, Eklund/Hockeybuzz.com has started an email campaign in the past couple of days...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/NBC-...E-HEARD/1/21471

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Dats...-Game-6/1/21465

According to Eklund NBC is receiving lots of emails and with Wings fans now emailing it could make a difference.

Edited by ClassyPensFan

Even though I live in Milwaukee I wouldn't be able to attend the Joe Vision, I still sent emails to all the people on this list....... GO WINGS!

NBC CONTACT INFORMATION:

Even though I live in Milwaukee I wouldn't be able to attend the Joe Vision, I still sent emails to all the people on this list and the list above....... GO WINGS!

Thank you for your time,

Sincerely,

-------------

Jeff Zucker 212-664-4444

jeff.zucker@nbcuni.com

c/o NBC-TV

3000 West Alameda Ave.

Burbank., CA 91523

Dick Ebersol