• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 6 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Penguins 2

Rate this topic

Oh, and Draper was the guy who scored the only goal. Draper, a 4th liner that scored his first of the playoffs. Not any of our top line players that SHOULD be producing.

although zetterberg played well, you have to pin a lot of that on him. he had three golden opportunities that he didn't capitalize on. one hit the post, the other two he threw right into fleury.

Good for you for not mincing your words. :cool: But you probably really should just go somewhere away from here if you have that much shame about their play. Like, you made your point.

Sure hope they win Friday so maybe, just maybe you can get your fragile little ego back in check.

Haha. Maybe you can reduce yours down to terrestrial levels, eh?

although zetterberg played well, you have to pin a lot of that on him. he had three golden opportunities that he didn't capitalize on. one hit the post, the other two he threw right into fleury.

Pavel was absolutely dynamite tonight setting him and Cleary up. Shame they couldn't get it in the net. If Hank doesn't double clutch on that first period chance it's a sure goal.

Cheap shots aside. The Pens out played us for more time then we out played them. Too much patty cake out there. One more game for our boys to put on our gear and get to work. And looking into the off season I will be very happy to see invisible Hudler and Sammy the mongo vanish from our pay roll. I was totally against Osgood during the regular season but he is playing the best hockey of his life right now. Way to prove me wrong Ozzie.... now if only we can figure out how to get Hoss moving. I really just think that we complicate our own lives by trying too much instead of simplifying things... I don't know how many times I yelled "SHOOT THE PUCK" at the TV last game and when they finally fingured that our then the game swung our way, too little too late.

I agree , but shooting the puck has to mean something. I mean, Cleary shot the puck when all he had to do is make a pass to Dats and then something might have happened. That's why Homer got on the line and epically chocked.

To be fair, they missed quite a few shots when the Pens' D wasn't in their face or pressuring them. If they were on target for half the shots they missed in the first and second it could have been a different game. I realize missed shots are just that, missed, but the sheer quantity of them in the first made the SOGs disparity out to be more than it really was, in my opinion.

But. It. Wasn't.

There are no moral victories, here. The Cup isn't Won on "could have been". And when you FAIL TO SHOW UP, you're not going to Win many Games in the SCF's.

NOR do you deserve to.

That was easily the luckiest series of events to lead to a tied game I've ever seen in my life; the Ducks got every possible break imaginable (goalie interference non-call; laughably blown call on the Pronger crosscheck; ridiculous broken stick play), and that's what Game 7's all about, stupid ******* lucky bulls***, but the Wings played the Ducks out of the building that night.

And the Pens are quite likely to get EVERY ONE of those breaks in Game 7 of the SCF's.

The difference?

THEY have more than ONE scorer on the roster!

Again....

You're talking about moral victories.

"It was only close because THEY were so lucky...."

The "best" Team does NOT always Win. The Team who WANTS IT MORE, more often than not, Wins.

And when the skill/talent level is close.....

You'd better DAMNED WELL WANT IT MORE. Otherwise, our boys will be watching Cindy and Genny skating the Cup on JLA ice because they got "lucky" in Game 7, despite being "outplayed".

How hard is that to figure out?

To be fair, they missed quite a few shots when the Pens' D wasn't in their face or pressuring them. If they were on target for half the shots they missed in the first and second it could have been a different game. I realize missed shots are just that, missed, but the sheer quantity of them in the first made the SOGs disparity out to be more than it really was, in my opinion.

Maybe you are right. I will also say that the Wings had better chances, but just could not convert. This is why as a hockey and Wings fan I am nervous as hell about Friday night. The same thing could happen to them that happened tonight. Could being the operative word. It could happen to the Pens as well. Anytime you chock it up to a final game is when crap can happen and you lose because of it.

That was easily the luckiest series of events to lead to a tied game I've ever seen in my life; the Ducks got every possible break imaginable (goalie interference non-call; laughably blown call on the Pronger crosscheck; ridiculous broken stick play), and that's what Game 7's all about, stupid ******* lucky bulls***, but the Wings played the Ducks out of the building that night.

True, but as I said before, the Wings tempted fate. They played lazy in Anaheim in game 3 and game 6. They played lazy tonight and in game 4 on the road. Anytime you extend a series due to lazy play is when luck can come back to bite you. I hope I am wrong here, but how many fans here would be physically ill if that happened. As you said, Game 7 will come down to lucky bulls***. Will that lucky bulls*** be for or against the Wings? I guess we will see on Friday.

Maybe it's because I was watching this game at a bar but I didn't think we played THAT bad. We owned the third and controlled parts of the first and second period. We came SO close to tying this game and with a few lucky bounces we could have easily won.

I don't want to blame the game on officiating but they were atrocious tonight. How about that two hander on Cleary during that breakaway? I don't know how you can miss that, and it seemed to be the general consensus even amongst Pens fans at the bar that they got away with some calls.

All I know is this, we have made it to Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals and we are at home. If you told me we'd be in this position at the beginning of the year, I'd be thrilled. If we keep the turnovers, penalties and odd man rushes to a minimum, we will win. And I know people like to think that the league favours the Pens, but the home team always gets the benefit of the calls, so that takes care of one problem.

I can't wait for Game 7, it is going to be INSANE. Go Wings Go.

But. It. Wasn't.

There are no moral victories, here. The Cup isn't Won on "could have been". And when you FAIL TO SHOW UP, you're not going to Win many Games in the SCF's.

NOR do you deserve to.

My point was very specific on the SOG disparity in the first period, which I made sure to explain in my post, and it wasn't necessarily that the Wings deserved to win, because I don't think that they did. The first period was closer than the shot clock would suggest, was my point.

Trust me, killer, I get it. If they win, they win, and if they lose, they lose, and that's all there is to it.

Pavel was absolutely dynamite tonight setting him and Cleary up. Shame they couldn't get it in the net. If Hank doesn't double clutch on that first period chance it's a sure goal.

I agree.

The Cleary chance was an unbelievable save by Fleury.

One thing is for certain, if the Pens pull off the win in Game 7, I am going to congratulate them. Not because I am a Pens fan, but because they put together a solid playoff run and wanted it more. Every Wings fan on and off this forum will blame every conspiracy theory, bad reffing, or league incompetitence on a Detroit loss on Friday, but deep down everyone will know who the fault lies with.

It lies with the Wings and the Wings alone.

I don't even want to think about it. The Wings just gotta get it done on Friday.

But. It. Wasn't.

NOR do you deserve to.

And the Pens are quite likely to get EVERY ONE of those breaks in Game 7 of the SCF's.

The difference?

THEY have more than ONE scorer on the roster!

Again....

You're talking about moral victories.

"It was only close because THEY were so lucky...."

The "best" Team does NOT always Win. The Team who WANTS IT MORE, more often than not, Wins.

And when the skill/talent level is close.....

You'd better DAMNED WELL WANT IT MORE. Otherwise, our boys will be watching Cindy and Genny skating the Cup on JLA ice because they got "lucky" in Game 7, despite being "outplayed".

This is the best damn post I have read in a long time. Amen my man. Amen!

This is just what I was trying to say.

Maybe you are right. I will also say that the Wings had better chances, but just could not convert. This is why as a hockey and Wings fan I am nervous as hell about Friday night. The same thing could happen to them that happened tonight. Could being the operative word. It could happen to the Pens as well. Anytime you chock it up to a final game is when crap can happen and you lose because of it.

True, but as I said before, the Wings tempted fate. They played lazy in Anaheim in game 3 and game 6. They played lazy tonight and in game 4 on the road. Anytime you extend a series due to lazy play is when luck can come back to bite you. I hope I am wrong here, but how many fans here would be physically ill if that happened. As you said, Game 7 will come down to lucky bulls***. Will that lucky bulls*** be for or against the Wings? I guess we will see on Friday.

Luck tends NOT to favor those who put forth "meh....." performances in situations where great things are possible. It's arrogance. And if providence hates ANYTHING....

It's arrogance.

Fortune favors the bold. The Wings had a chance to hoist the Cup AGAIN tonight.

THEY.

FAILED.

TO.

SHOW.

UP.

PERIOD.

They weren't "outplayed". They weren't "unlucky".

THEY FAILED TO SHOW UP!

That is something we, as fans, are NOT accustomed to.

And THAT is why some of us are so pissed off.

When you have an opportunity such as this....

You DON'T PISS ON IT! "Meh.....we'll take our chances in a Game 7 at Home....."

One thing is for certain, if the Pens pull off the win in Game 7, I am going to congratulate them. Not because I am a Pens fan, but because they put together a solid playoff run and wanted it more. Every Wings fan on and off this forum will blame every conspiracy theory, bad reffing, or league incompetitence on a Detroit loss on Friday, but deep down everyone will know who the fault lies with.

It lies with the Wings and the Wings alone.

I'm with you. Other than the Too Many Men non-call in Game 3, which was garbage, I've got no major beef with anything that's happened that's been outside of the Wings and Pens control in this series. Pending Game 7, for sure, but at this point whoever wins, wins fair and square (and if they don't, no one will care anyways).

Luck tends NOT to favor those who put forth "meh....." performances in situations where great things are possible. It's arrogance. And if providence hates ANYTHING....

It's arrogance.

Fortune favors the bold. The Wings had a chance to hoist the Cup AGAIN tonight.

THEY.

FAILED.

TO.

SHOW.

UP.

PERIOD.

They weren't "outplayed". They weren't "unlucky".

THEY FAILED TO SHOW UP!

That is something we, as fans, are NOT accustomed to.

And THAT is why some of us are so pissed off.

When you have an opportunity such as this....

You DON'T PISS ON IT! "Meh.....we'll take our chances in a Game 7 at Home....."

I found a new friend on this forum.

Excellent post again. I agree 100%.

What's scary is that at the end of the game, deep, deep down I wanted some Wings player to rough it up just for the sake of it. Nothing completely outrageous, just agitate someone, pick a fight, show some emotions or whatever...like most other teams do when they're losing.

I'm on a limb here, but maybe this super-disciplined, rational play the Wings have -- that I've praised for many years -- maybe it isn't what one really want in sports after all. Sports is about emotions, self-sacrifice and a little bit crazyness. Personally, I probably get enough of cold logics at college they way it is (applied math). Perhaps sports should be about blood and violence after all...at least hockey.

Like I said, out on a limb. At least slightly.

They played like s***. Everyone knows that. We have to play hockey like we know how and they only play 2/3 of a game tonight. The Wings are going to get some rest, head home, and lift the cup in front of everyone in Detroit.

For everyone saying that they don't deserve to win this, GO f*** YOURSELF! They have fought all playoffs for this.(Maybe not the whole 60 min but regardless) They know what is at stake and they WILL NOT lose in the Joe.

Back your team, back your boys, and quit being a bunch of *******! God damn all yall do is ***** bout what they haven't done.

Yeah....Hossa didn't play that hard tonight.

Yeah....the NHL would love to see Crosby win a Cup.

Yeah....Pierre blows Malkin during the NBC Intermissions.

Yeah....The Red Wings don't play a fulll 60.

But they do rally when they need to, they work a a team, they aren't dirty, and they are player for player the best team in the NHL.

QUIT YOUR BITCHING AND BACK THE TEAM LIKE A REAL MAN/WOMEN WOULD EVEN WHEN THEY LOSE!

Can't believe it but I agree with every word in this post except maybe for the middle two "yeah"'s. :)

You know, when I settle down I might think this - Flower had one game in him and this was it. We didn't go for the throat and maybe they felt they had some kind of cushion or something, but that isn't true any more. This is where we see what our team is made of.

Le Daisy does not play well in Detroit. No reason why that can't continue.

Ozzie was brilliant. Should win the Conn Smythe no matter what happens.

The team didn't show up tonight like they should have, but now their backs are to the wall. And we all know how that usually goes. :sly:

Deep down, I think the Wings wanted to win in Detroit, and they're confident enough to let it go to 7.

I have no data to back this up.

No doubt they want to win in Detroit. But, they would have taken a win in Pitt tonight I'm sure. They are going to go home with the rowdy fans at the Joe and win the cup at home. They are going to play their asses off, win comfortably, and then raise the cup.

They will be confident and so should we.

So we can't give Hossa s*** without saying in fine print "btw it was a team loss lololol"?

Hossa has been a disappointment, and if he showed up tonight maybe you wouldn't be going off on other posters for getting on his ass for a loss.

Problem here is we, and that includes me, all built up these expectations that Hossa would just knock 'em on their asses tonight. Half the posters talked about it. Well, it didn't happen. And that's bad. But it also is a reminder of where expectations can take you and leave you.

No, YOU GUYS are unbelievable. THIS IS NOT GAME 5, AND THIS IS NOT THE WCF. Seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boy are some of you overconfident. How can you guys brush the Pens off in this game 7? We steamrolled them in game 5 and them losing their composure had a ton to do with it. They aren't going ot lose their composure in game 7 with the cup on the line. They don't get another opportunity if they lose. It's just not going to happen. I expect they're going to bring their best game. I mean for God's sake, we steamrolled them in 5, and they came back tonight and played solid and didn't lose their composure. So how can you guys say they'll lose their composure next game? No logic.

The thing we have going for us is we get the last change which appears to be big. But they have the hunger. It's pretty obvious that we've seen hunger in spurts this year, but just like tonight, they decided to take the night off.

WIn or lose I still think that we aer the better team, but the thing that scares me is the HUNGER factor. The desire to win the cup. They should have more desire, naturally, because they didn't win last year. We won and have been winning cups. It's tougher for us to match that intensity.

The wings have not been involved in a game 7 stanley cup game.

In spite of your panic, your negativism, your worries about the Pens, the.Wings.will.be.playing.game.seven.with.the.Pens. All your frets, your what-ifs, are just tearing YOU down. Why the hell bother? How is all this crap you're putting yourself through gonna work in their favor? Or yours, for that matter?

If we lose that game it will break my heart. But I think the difference between you and other posters on here and where I am is that if we lose, I'll also feel horrible for the Wings, because I know their hearts will be broken too. Because they're my team and they always will be come hell or high water. Some of you not only fall apart at times like this, you dump on them as if that's going to help anything!

I will never ever understand that kind of thinking.

Edited by Vladifan