• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 6 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Penguins 2

Rate this topic

For you nervous Nancy's who completely are frozen with fear about the spectre of "THE BAD HOP" costing Detroit the title (insert Sir Graves Ghastly music here), that will only happen if you sit back and wait for the worst to happen. I've watched hockey a long time and I've yet to see a team lose the Stanley Cup because of some bad hop.

If the Wings go out, establish themselves as the more aggressive team, use the last change wisely, and let the fans keep them walking on air, there's a good chance the team in red WILL parade the big silver shiny thing around Joe Louis Arena and it'll be one hell of a party Friday night in downtown Detroit.

In fact, I just checked the weather, mid 50's and clear Friday night/Saturday morning for the biggest bestest party downtown Detroit has ever had.

Stop worrying unless of course you're going to go put on a sweater and help the club.

Cheap shots aside. The Pens out played us for more time then we out played them. Too much patty cake out there. One more game for our boys to put on our gear and get to work. And looking into the off season I will be very happy to see invisible Hudler and Sammy the mongo vanish from our pay roll. I was totally against Osgood during the regular season but he is playing the best hockey of his life right now. Way to prove me wrong Ozzie.... now if only we can figure out how to get Hoss moving. I really just think that we complicate our own lives by trying too much instead of simplifying things... I don't know how many times I yelled "SHOOT THE PUCK" at the TV last game and when they finally fingured that our then the game swung our way, too little too late.

This is my second, and last, post on this lame forum.

I thought this was a Detroit Red Wings fan forum.

But what I found, after game 6, was a bunch of whiney, fair weather, hangers-on. Pathetic trash.

If all Wings fans were like you (well, most of you) dipwads, then we still wouldn't have won a Cup during my lifetime.

Adios, losers.

And I hope Hossa scores a hat trick Friday and I wish each and every one of you whiners could shove all three pucks up your a$$.

Tragic.

The one thing that's always bothered me is how hard it sems to be to get a goddamned team effort with HEART behind it when it really counts. Come on, the ******* CUP is sitting on a table for you. There IS no greater motivation, WTF does it take!!??

Wings in 7 or my knuckles will be bloodier than they are now...

This is my main complaint.

We didn't show up until near the end of the 2nd period. The Wings effort really disgusted me tonight. Three shots in the first period? Thats just sickening. At one point in time in the 2nd period it was 17-6 in shots. I mean come on, its just disgusting.

Mark my words, Game 7 is not going to be a cake walk. The Pens are outhustling the Wings and they want this series. Its going to be up to Detroit to deliver or watch the Pens skate around the Joe with the cup.

The LGW forum members and the fans should be pissed at the Wings. Not at the reffing, not at the league, not at one specific player or another, and not at the Pens.

Remember these stats?

41 of 44 teams who take game 1 and 2 win the Stanley Cup Finals.

Over 80% of teams who win game 5 when the series is tied win the series.

Lastly, there have been 14 game 7s played in the finals, and the home team has won 12 of them.

History has been on the Wings side. Is desire on their side though? Not from what I saw in game 6.

I will tell you that I am a concerned Wings fan. They slacked against the Ducks in game 6 and game 7 was tied up until a few minutes to go in the game. They slacked in game 6 here tonight. It just seems to me that the Wings are shaking their genitals openly at fate, and I am afraid that fate is going to kick them square in the balls. Fate being the Pens.

Do not be surprised to see the Pens skating around the Joe with the cup. A lucky bounce here, and a lucky bounce there and the cup could be theirs. The Wings better come out and play the best game of their lives on Saturday.

As much as I can say the refs sucked tonight, Detroit should have scored on the 2 PP's when it was 2-1. That being said the game winner was on a play that should have been a hook on Pittsburgh which is why Lids couldn't clear it. I am still way to upset about tonights loss to be happy that I have a ticket to game 7. I wish they would have put this away tonight.

Not capitalizing on our chances and Pens capitalizing on theirs... Kind of hard to capitalize on anything with the piddlely amount of shot we generated in the first 2 periods. And if you are still too upset to get to game 7 on Friday I will be the good samaritan here and help you with them!

First post in a GDT (other than making it) this Finals, as last year I didn't post in a GDT and the Red Wings won the Cup. But it's time to speak after another loss like that.

My thoughts from the game - First and absolutely foremost, the Red Wings lost because they simply did not show up to play this game, and that feeling is about 10 times more disappointing than if they had come play and lost in overtime. I don't think that it was a matter being outplayed by the Penguins, because we have all seen what the Red Wings can do when they want to. The passes were off, the forecheck was off, the shots were low quality, there was little hustle and passion, and far too much looking for a pretty play instead of simply crashing the net. I am extremely disappointed in Marian Hossa's play. There has to be an injury that we're not aware of, because I just don't buy that he's playing this lackluster in the Stanley Cup Finals with his reputation for his move last summer on the line.

Second, regardless of the outcome on Friday night, the Conn Smythe Trophy goes to Chris Osgood. The man played perhaps the best game of the playoffs thus far in my opinion; the score is easily 4 or 5 to 1 without his play. In my mind, he was the only player for Detroit who played like he had his heart set on raising the Stanley Cup tonight.

Third, I'm not one to complain about the officiating, but tonight was an absolute disgrace. Nobody in their right mind can say that it wasn't slanted towards Pittsburgh tonight. I defy any of the knowledgeable Penguins posters on this board to challenge that statement. It's no wonder why the NHL's ratings are lower with this bush league officiating. (And yes, the Red Wings have gotten away with a lot this series.) And I was a bit suprised, since I've always viewed Bill McCreary as one of the better referees in the league.

Game Seven can go either way. Hopefully, the home ice and the last change will work to the advantage of Detroit. Congrats to the Penguins for stretching this series up with a great game tonight. The Fleury saves on Zetterberg early and on Cleary at the end were the difference in my mind.

Well said :thumbup:

They're an epic team, they are, but GOD are they frustrating to watch sometimes. Somebody find that on/off-switch they apparantly have somewhere and make sure it stops glitching from "on" and "off" back and forth they way it does now.

But what I found, after game 6, was a bunch of whiney, fair weather, hangers-on. Pathetic trash.

If all Wings fans were like you (well, most of you) dipwads, then we still wouldn't have won a Cup during my lifetime.

Adios, losers.

And I hope Hossa scores a hat trick Friday and I wish each and every one of you whiners could shove all three pucks up your a$$.

Tragic.

Why even bother posting this?

This post is basically someone upset because WINGS fans are being WINGS fans after a WINGS loss. What do you expect?

We didn't show up until near the end of the 2nd period. The Wings effort really disgusted me tonight. Three shots in the first period? Thats just sickening. At one point in time in the 2nd period it was 17-6 in shots. I mean come on, its just disgusting.

Mark my words, Game 7 is not going to be a cake walk. The Pens are outhustling the Wings and they want this series. Its going to be up to Detroit to deliver or watch the Pens skate around the Joe with the cup.

The LGW forum members and the fans should be pissed at the Wings. Not at the reffing, not at the league, not at one specific player or another, and not at the Pens.

Remember these stats?

Lastly, there have been 14 game 7s played in the finals, and the home team has won 12 of them.

History has been on the Wings side. Is desire on their side though? Not from what I saw in game 6.

I will tell you that I am a concerned Wings fan. They slacked against the Ducks in game 6 and game 7 was tied up until a few minutes to go in the game. They slacked in game 6 here tonight. It just seems to me that the Wings are shaking their genitals openly at fate, and I am afraid that fate is going to kick them square in the balls. Fate being the Pens.

Do not be surprised to see the Pens skating around the Joe with the cup. A lucky bounce here, and a lucky bounce there and the cup could be theirs. The Wings better come out and play the best game of their lives on Saturday.

Hmm....were you questioning the Pens desire after game 5?

Remember these stats?

Amen brother, A. Men.

Adios, losers.

Tragic.

As a true hockey fan, I have to agree with you. Too many members here give a free pass to a lazy Wings team and prefer to blame conspiracy theories, the refs, the league, and dirty players on the other end. When the Wings lose, they don't see how the Wings didn't respond, they like to make convenient excuses. Time to hold the team accountable.

No, YOU GUYS are unbelievable. THIS IS NOT GAME 5, AND THIS IS NOT THE WCF. Seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boy are some of you overconfident. How can you guys brush the Pens off in this game 7? We steamrolled them in game 5 and them losing their composure had a ton to do with it. They aren't going ot lose their composure in game 7 with the cup on the line. They don't get another opportunity if they lose. It's just not going to happen. I expect they're going to bring their best game. I mean for God's sake, we steamrolled them in 5, and they came back tonight and played solid and didn't lose their composure. So how can you guys say they'll lose their composure next game? No logic.

The thing we have going for us is we get the last change which appears to be big. But they have the hunger. It's pretty obvious that we've seen hunger in spurts this year, but just like tonight, they decided to take the night off.

WIn or lose I still think that we aer the better team, but the thing that scares me is the HUNGER factor. The desire to win the cup. They should have more desire, naturally, because they didn't win last year. We won and have been winning cups. It's tougher for us to match that intensity.

The wings have not been involved in a game 7 stanley cup game.

No, this here is right.

Detroit has to bring their best game and tonights effort isn't going to do. Pittsburgh will not blow their composure like they did in game 5 because like Firehawk says, the cup is on the line. It may be their last chance to ever win a cup, and they're not going to give up on that. Detroit can win this game automatically on one condition though, and that is they must PLAY SIXTY MINUTES.

I feel this because like most of you should agree, Detroit is the better team. We have the veterans, the tricky players, the two way defenders, and even the goaltenders. We've got the goal scorers. And now we have home ice advantage to go along with that which includes the red & white, the noise from the fans and the 'active' boards.

I can't help but hope this is some kind of divine master plan created by the Hockey Gods which allows us to win the Cup in front of the Pens fans to demoralize them, then win the Cup in the D because it is something Detroiters so desperately need to witness - not as a hockey community but as a community in general. We need to see success.

I don't even feel like this is about hockey anymore. I live in Windsor and just got to see the Spits win their first ever Memorial Cup. Windsors going through the same s*** Detroit is, and I think it'd be great to see these bordering cities both win their respective championships, for the cities.

Other than that I'd love to see the Pens fans miserable another year and not have to deal with people getting on my back. Because if the Wings win I will try my best to not rub it in but if they lose I will hide under a rock for the next 365 days because the majority of the people in Windsor are rooting on the Pens (they're mostly Leafs fans) and the media hype will just kill me.

Go wings go.

If game 7 goes to OT, I will probably die of a fat heart attack.

I also don't want to see a repeat of game 7 against Anaheim. That was practically an OT.

Something close to our game 5 blowout is what I'm looking for. I'm a spoiled fan who wants us to coast during that game 7.

Not capitalizing on our chances and Pens capitalizing on theirs... Kind of hard to capitalize on anything with the piddlely amount of shot we generated in the first 2 periods. And if you are still too upset to get to game 7 on Friday I will be the good samaritan here and help you with them!

Not to upset to get there, just after watching a loss I am not excited yet. I'm still too pissed off. I'll be excited in the morning when the heartbreak of a loss tonight wears off. The Wings could have put the Pens away with better play tonight. Ozzie was outstanding and the Wings did not capitalize at all. It was hard to watch as a wings fan. However being at a game 7 win would be the best sports moment of my life.

Hmm....were you questioning the Pens desire after game 5?

Absolutely. The Pens answered back in game 6 thats for sure.

I hope the Wings answer back after a slacking effort in game 6. The thing that worries me is its game 7. Anything can happen. A fluke goal could mean the series. The Wings have put themselves in this position and they have no one to blame but themselves for it. There are only so many times you can test fate before it burns you. They tested it against Anaheim and came out ok. Their luck is going to run out sooner or later and I don't want it to be in a game 7 at home thats for sure.

As a hockey fan, I hope the best team really does win. No fluke goals. Just let the game play out and the best team come out on top.

As a Wings fan, I want that team to be the Wings. The Wings have to want the game. Millions of praying and hoping fans will not matter as the Wings have a job to do on Friday. Lets see if they respond.

Edited by Nightfall

Three shots in the first period? Thats just sickening. At one point in time in the 2nd period it was 17-6 in shots. I mean come on, its just disgusting.

To be fair, they missed quite a few shots when the Pens' D wasn't in their face or pressuring them. If they were on target for half the shots they missed in the first and second it could have been a different game. I realize missed shots are just that, missed, but the sheer quantity of them in the first made the SOGs disparity out to be more than it really was, in my opinion.

They slacked against the Ducks in game 6 and game 7 was tied up until a few minutes to go in the game.

That was easily the luckiest series of events to lead to a tied game I've ever seen in my life; the Ducks got every possible break imaginable (goalie interference non-call; laughably blown call on the Pronger crosscheck; ridiculous broken stick play), and that's what Game 7's all about, stupid ******* lucky bulls***, but the Wings played the Ducks out of the building that night.

The last two meaningful Game 7's at Joe Louis Arena the Wings beat two excellent teams in Sakic and Roy's Nordilanche and the Getzlaf and Pronger Ducks.

No bad hops, no freakish horrible bounces, just the Wings winning two make it or break it games. Don't tell me "Oh but those weren't the Final". They were Game 7's at JLA.

Man, I don't know what it takes to motivate the Wings to play with intensity (apparently not the thought of the Cup sitting 400 feet off the ice), but I hope they find it by Friday night <_<

Not to upset to get there, just after watching a loss I am not excited yet. I'm still too pissed off. I'll be excited in the morning when the heartbreak of a loss tonight wears off. The Wings could have put the Pens away with better play tonight. Ozzie was outstanding and the Wings did not capitalize at all. It was hard to watch as a wings fan. However being at a game 7 win would be the best sports moment of my life.

What a game to have tickets too, it will be one you'll remember thats for sure. Pittsburgh is good but when we play for a 60 minute game, especially at home, I don;t think the Pens can last.... the question remains, which 08/09 Wings will show up on Friday? I think we will win in a thriller.

Adios, losers.

Tragic.

Margo, I agree with the whiney observation, but I don't see the correlation between "dipwad" fans and Stanley Cups.

Adios.

The last two meaningful Game 7's at Joe Louis Arena the Wings beat two excellent teams in Sakic and Roy's Nordilanche and the Getzlaf and Pronger Ducks.

No bad hops, no freakish horrible bounces, just the Wings winning two make it or break it games. Don't tell me "Oh but those weren't the Final". They were Game 7's at JLA.

Hopefully this game will by like the game in 2002.

If I die of a heart attack, I won't be able to enjoy our Cup celebration.

Too much stress, idk if im going to watch game 7, good job Ozzie that is all i can say, the rest of the team made me sick tonight, Hossa is garbage, complete GARBAGE! LOL at all the chances and the WIngs only got 1 past Fleury LOL. I can't think of a team that would not have finished off the Pens tonight, ******* laughable.

LMFAO beat by STAAL KENNEDY AND FLEURY an absolute disgrace.

Edited by Yak19

View from a fist time poster:

Dissapointed, sure, but winning on the road is hard to do. Looked like we wanted to let them shoot their wad early and then capitalize on our chances. Possibly, we were more concerned with defense match ups which caused our offense to sputter. The second goal was a killer. The Wings never look good playing that backing into our zone game when the other team is pressuring.

I am concerned that ALL of our big forwards (Hossa, Franzen, Sammy etc) are looking very worn down. Franzen can't get trough much of a shift without looking sluggish and that is not how he normaly plays.

This team will play hard Friday at home but, the Pens will bring it as well. I love this team and will root em on til the last breath!

Edited by McGuftus Caesar

Too much stress, idk if im going to watch game 7, good job Ozzie that is all i can say, the rest of the team made me sick tonight, Hossa is garbage, complete GARBAGE! LOL at all the chances and the WIngs only got 1 past Fleury LOL. I can't think of a team that would not have finished off the Pens tonight, ******* laughable.

LMFAO beat by STAAL KENNEDY AND FLEURY an absolute disgrace.

Oh, and Draper was the guy who scored the only goal. Draper, a 4th liner that scored his first of the playoffs. Not any of our top line players that SHOULD be producing.