• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BewareThePenguin

And the Penguins are playing for the Stanley Cup!

Rate this topic

That feels good to say.

First, props to your team for another nail-biter. Has anyone ever seen a defenseman make three saves in a row, first with his stick, then his shin, then his skate? Whoa!

What a treat it is to see two awesome teams go at it in a Game 7 for the Cup. Like I said, I felt this time it would be different, and can anyone now argue otherwise? This is why I said in my original post I wouldn't have it any other way, against any other team in the finals. I knew it had the potential to be this good.

Even if you don't care for the Pens, you have to give them credit. They easily could've folded after Saturday Night's disaster. Instead they buckled down and roared back to grit out a tough win. That goes double for MAF. (By the way, you weren't one of those rather overconfident fans leaving the Joe Saturday Night, telling the Pens fans in attendance "see you next year" were you?)

Marian Hossa is about to become either the smartest man in hockey, or its biggest moron. Again, one game decides it all.

To say the least, you've done a fine job shutting down Crosby. Is this the game he finally breaks out, in the biggest tilt of all?

Just another of the amazing storylines going into Friday Night.

I'll enjoy this for one more day, then into Game 7 mode.

who on this site that's a wings fan gives a flying f*** what the penguins are playing for?

take your penguin loving bulls*** elsewhere!

thank you sir

Actually, thank you, you should come back during the season, this place is much saner, well not sure sane is the word I would use, but you get it!

Well OK, pardner... first of all, "last year" he hadn't left his old team to "go win a Championship" with another squad. Secondly, "1 win away" is the same as 10... if you don't go on to win it all. What's the diff?

If you polled all 30 teams, and said: "Which position would you rather be in, 10 wins away from winning the stanley cup, or 1 win away from the stanley cup", you'd get a lot of people saying 1 win away.

Obviously to a team like the red wings it's all or nothing, but there are a s***load of teams who wish of being able to say they were 1 win away from the stanley cup.

Actually, thank you, you should come back during the season, this place is much saner, well not sure sane is the word I would use, but you get it!

will do...... beats the pens board..... have not found too much intelligent life there

the first thing i like is the title of the thread. "penguins are playing playing for the Stanley Cup!". NO $HIT. I thought they were playing for the cup all series but i guess i was wrong. Only NOW, are they playing for it. I see. Big misunderstanding.

2nd about Hossa. Hard to believe Pens fans are so upset over Hossa, who wasnt even with their team that long to begin with. I think it is the fact that you feel jilted because of the TEAM he went to and not that he left. Would you seriously be this upset if he went to Edmonton. I doubt it. Stop comparing him to Fedorov because the situations are totally different.

3rd and finally, good luck to the Pens. They will have to go thru Detroit, thru the house of horrors that will be game 7 at the Joe. I am still confident in my team and the advantage the wings will have playing at home and having the matchup advantage.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
It may not be the first thing -- but I promise you, it's not the last thing on their minds either.

Anyway, I'm sorry I even mentioned Hossa in the post now, as I didn't want this to turn into another Hossa free-for-all.

Let me just say this, and I'll not mention the name of the Traitorous One in this thread again.

Justice would be for Hossa to score the game-winner -- into his own net.

How can Hossa be a traitor? That's ******* ridiculous and makes it just about a certainty that there's no reason for me to read anything else you post.

Brett Favre suiting up for the Vikings? That would be closer to a Benedict Arnold/traitorous example.

Hossa wasn't there long enough to figure out where the good restaurants were. He had no attachment to Pittsburgh whatsoever. Shero wanted him to play with Crosby. Atlanta wanted to get some value for an unrestricted free agent who undoubtedly wasn't going to re sign to play in Craplanta. I never read anywhere that Hossa had any say in where he was traded to or that he wanted to be traded to Pittsburgh.

Fact: You feel spurned because he left your team in favor of one that he thought would give him a better shot at a championship.

Just because it hurt your sensitive girly-side doesn't make him a traitor. He wasn't a long-time Penguin. He did not have any ties to the city or organization and was merely a rental player that was used by Atlanta and Pitt as they saw fit to do.

Traitor

1. one who betrays another's trust or is false to an obligation or duty

Hossa had no obligation or duty to re sign in Pitt. Hossa was a rental player. If Penguin fans don't know the definition of what a rental player is nor acknowledge the risks inherent in trading for an "rental" / unrestricted free agent and put their "trust" and or "faith" into him re signing, then that's your own goddamned faults.

2. one who commits treason

Do I really have to get into this?

You can call him a traitor if you like. But that's just sour grapes and a lack of objectivity and comprehension of the situation.

So call him a traitor if you like, but all it does is reaffirm my opinion that you're a dumb twit.

If Hossa can't or won't re sign in Detroit I will be disappointed because he's awesome. What I won't do is call him a traitor. Why? Because i'm not an idiot who lets emotion cloud reason.

Can we get these idiot Pittsburgh trolls off our boards until after Game 7? I am in no mood to put up with their foolishness. After Game 7 they won't be back anyway.

the first thing i like is the title of the thread. "penguins are playing playing for the Stanley Cup!". NO $HIT. I thought they were playing for the cup all series but i guess i was wrong. Only NOW, are they playing for it. I see. Big misunderstanding.

I'll let your own coach answer that one, when he said before Game 6 basically "only one team is playing for the Stanley Cup." If I have to explain further... well I'm afraid I'm not going to.

I'll let your own coach answer that one, when he said before Game 6 basically "only one team is playing for the Stanley Cup." If I have to explain further... well I'm afraid I'm not going to.

Are you the Penguins fan who told someone on this board to kill themselves? I'm having trouble remembering why I put the "ignore" on for you.