• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BewareThePenguin

And the Penguins are playing for the Stanley Cup!

Rate this topic

Sour Grapes.

Ya know, Hossa might have stayed in Pittsburgh if the Pens Org got rid of that dip-s*** coach sooner.

Still, sour grapes that Pens fans can't let go of the fact that Hossa left their "god's gift to hockey" club.

And that's the difference in Detroit and Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh can't understand why someone would leave their hockey team for another team. Detroit fans understand salary cap and the other various factors that cause players to pack their bags. The difference is that Detroit fans will usually cheer a former Detroit player to be successful if they played here long enough. (see Federov). Pitt fans feel that anyone who dares leave their team is a traitor and should be treated as such. That's why they don't deserve to lift the Cup because their fans don't have the understanding of the most basic ideas of hockey to be able to appreciate the Cup.

Seriously, this bulls*** again? This was a fine post until that line.

Perfect example of a real traitor? When Fedorov spurned the Red Wings - the team that arranged his defection from the Soviet Union, treated him like a rock star, matched Carolina's ridiculous offer-sheet to keep him around, and basically became his second home for over 10 years - for the Mighty Ducks because he wanted to be the man somewhere else instead of playing in Steve Yzerman's shadow.

NOT a player who was traded to your team at the trade deadline and an upcoming free agent that summer. Marian Hossa has next to zero real history with Pittsburgh. That would be the same as us calling Wendel Clark and Todd Bertuzzi "traitors" because they didn't re-sign with Detroit after being traded here at the deadline. Simply put, Hossa was a rental. He wasn't part of your team for 10 plus years. Pittsburgh didn't even draft him. And as other posters have said, if Hossa had re-signed with the Pens, there's no telling where their cap situation would be right now. Enough crying over Hossa being a "traitor" for not re-signing with the team he played on for less than four months.

Ah, so it's OK for you to feel that way about a player, but not anybody else. Never mind that Fedorov had his reasons for leaving too -- and by the way, Ducks fans would give you the same "boo hoo poor babies!" treatment that you just gave me.

And for the rest of you -- yeah I'm so off-base here, so alone in my viewpoint, that Sports Illustrated has this little bit up today:

Now a final deserving of a Game 7 will provide exactly that, a bit of high drama that could anoint this be the best seven-gamer since the New York Rangers beat Vancouver in 1994. Marian Hossa, the Benedict Arnold who joined the Detroit Red Coats because he thought he would have a better chance of winning the Cup there than in Pittsburgh, still might be correct, but it behooves him to actually do something about it. Hossa had just one shot Tuesday. Through the first six games, he has no goals and three assists.

If The Piece denies him, the Penguins could be golden.

Now you see my two main points here?

1. Hossa is "Benedict Arnold."

2. The Pens will be "golden" if they take the Cup, instead of seeing Hossa win it.

Pretty much sums up my argument. And that's S.I. not some local Pittsburgh paper, or Pens fan forum.

I rest my case.

And that's the difference in Detroit and Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh can't understand why someone would leave their hockey team for another team. Detroit fans understand salary cap and the other various factors that cause players to pack their bags. The difference is that Detroit fans will usually cheer a former Detroit player to be successful if they played here long enough. (see Federov). Pitt fans feel that anyone who dares leave their team is a traitor and should be treated as such. That's why they don't deserve to lift the Cup because their fans don't have the understanding of the most basic ideas of hockey to be able to appreciate the Cup.

Hmmm... maybe you and Hockeytown ought to get together and straighten out your stories. You're confusing me here.

No, no. You're generalizing here...Wings fans this, Pens fans that. Retarded fans exist on both sides. Liking and following a sports team doesn't classify you as anything. And in regards to Federov, he was booed every time he touched the puck after he left. It wasn't until it became clear that he had lost a step and played for a far inferior team that most fans gave him a break. Booing former players happens everywhere in just about every sport.

Good sweet God! I'm sooo happy the rest of you get to see what I have to deal with all the time. I'm surrounded by these morons. Penguins fans have no idea there was hockey before the early 90's . Arghhh! If Crosby s*** on the ice, they'd talk about how it was the best s*** ever! If Dats got stabbed by Orpik and bled all over the ice, they'd be screaming it was a dive and the refs screwed them! If the Pens do pull it out in 7, you'll hear how this was vindication for last year and proves them to be the best team ever and last year was a fluke.

Man, I need my meds!

Ah, so it's OK for you to feel that way about a player, but not anybody else. Never mind that Fedorov had his reasons for leaving too -- and by the way, Ducks fans would give you the same "boo hoo poor babies!" treatment that you just gave me.

And for the rest of you -- yeah I'm so off-base here, so alone in my viewpoint, that Sports Illustrated has this little bit up today:

2. The Pens will be "golden" if they take the Cup, instead of seeing Hossa win it.

Pretty much sums up my argument. And that's S.I. not some local Pittsburgh paper, or Pens fan forum.

I rest my case.

Marketing 101. And if I'm not mistaken S.I also had stuff up about Wings owning the Pens when were up 2-0, that Pens had no chance and Crosby is not the kind of leader Penguins need.

If you agree with S.I. that you posted, then you must certainly agree that Wings own the Penguins and Crosby should be demoted. Do you agree with S.I., or do you just pick and choose what you agree with?

I rest my case.

You're resting your case one article written by one person who works for Sports Illustrated? Classic.

I rest my case.

I see your two points, but I don't agree with them. First of all, Hossa is not "Benedict Arnold". He's a professional athlete. I don't remember him claiming any loyalty to the city of Pittsburgh in the three months he played there. Do you think everybody in Slovakia is all pissed off that he left to play in the US? Somehow I doubt it. He wanted to win a Cup and thought Detroit was the place to do it. Hey, that's a pretty fair assessment, and many hockey players have made that exact same decision over the past ten years.

Hossa hasn't even really been much of a factor in this series, so I don't really know what the crap-throwing is about anyways.

And as for your second point, I'm pretty sure that winning the Cup to show up Hossa is the last thing on any of the Penguins' minds right now.

Good sweet God! I'm sooo happy the rest of you get to see what I have to deal with all the time. I'm surrounded by these morons. Penguins fans have no idea there was hockey before the early 90's .

Two words: Battleship. Kelly.

I see your two points, but I don't agree with them. First of all, Hossa is not "Benedict Arnold". He's a professional athlete. I don't remember him claiming any loyalty to the city of Pittsburgh in the three months he played there. Do you think everybody in Slovakia is all pissed off that he left to play in the US? Somehow I doubt it. He wanted to win a Cup and thought Detroit was the place to do it. Hey, that's a pretty fair assessment, and many hockey players have made that exact same decision over the past ten years.

Hossa hasn't even really been much of a factor in this series, so I don't really know what the crap-throwing is about anyways.

And as for your second point, I'm pretty sure that winning the Cup to show up Hossa is the last thing on any of the Penguins' minds right now.

It may not be the first thing -- but I promise you, it's not the last thing on their minds either.

Anyway, I'm sorry I even mentioned Hossa in the post now, as I didn't want this to turn into another Hossa free-for-all.

Let me just say this, and I'll not mention the name of the Traitorous One in this thread again.

Justice would be for Hossa to score the game-winner -- into his own net.

I rest my case.

It may not be the first thing -- but I promise you, it's not the last thing on their minds either.

Anyway, I'm sorry I even mentioned Hossa in the post now, as I didn't want this to turn into another Hossa free-for-all.

Let me just say this, and I'll not mention the name of the Traitorous One in this thread again.

Justice would be for Hossa to score the game-winner -- into his own net.

You said your case was rested ass-hat.

Okay, I'll give you that. He "will look foolish if the Pens raise the cup without him", to a retard or anyone that knows nothing about the game.

But what the lgw'er's are trying to say to you is; there are no guarantees that Pens would even make it to the 2 round if they had Hossa, and there are no guarantees that Detroit would make it to the 2nd round without Hossa. It's not that hard to understand, really. Use your brain.

LOL, when fedorov was over here in anaheim, some friends and I went to go meet him and take pictures, of course some of my buddies had their redwings jersey on lol, it was pretty awesome, hes a cool dude.

LOL, when fedorov was over here in anaheim, some friends and I went to go meet him and take pictures, of course some of my buddies had their redwings jersey on lol, it was pretty awesome, hes a cool dude.

Cool dude? No way man, he's a total traitor! He had the nerve to leave a team to go somewhere else! And man, you simply cannot tolerate that kind of turncoat stuff, you have to condemn it totally!

Unless, of course, you're a Pens fan. Then you need to just chill, and stop crying like a little baby.

Cool dude? No way man, he's a total traitor! He had the nerve to leave a team to go somewhere else! And man, you simply cannot tolerate that kind of turncoat stuff, you have to condemn it totally!

Unless, of course, you're a Pens fan. Then you need to just chill, and stop crying like a little baby.

im saying in meeting a human being that did all the stuff he did, the guy is awesome in his own right, but i understand your point, it would be like teemu selanne going to detroit after all the years with the ducks, it would be painful no doubt!

You need to get your facts straight. That was an entirely different scenario.

1.) He didn't leave because he wanted to. He left because Holland and Feds couldn't agree on a contract.

2.) He was a Red Wings since his first NHL game. He was our boy who we drafted, he won several cups with us. He was the face of the Red Wings behind Yzerman.

3.) Hossa was a RENTAL to the Pens, and he is a RENTAL to the Wings. Get over it.

Edited by Snazzy

Pens fans are just bitter that one of their best players from last year left for the better team. Why arent Pens fans saying Conklin is a traitor he played in Pitt longer than Hossa

If you don't see the difference between Fedorov leaving the Wings and Hossa leaving the Pens.. then I don't know what to say.

Now, if Malkin stays on the Pens for about 6-7 more years and wins 2 or 3 cups in that time, and then leaves for another team because he doesn't want to be "that other superstar on Crosby's team", then you have a similar situation.

I rest my case.

You've said repeatedly it's about how Hossa left, but frankly I'm at a loss to understand the how. If you've ever said it, I missed it. Care to elaborate?

You've said repeatedly it's about how Hossa left, but frankly I'm at a loss to understand the how. If you've ever said it, I missed it. Care to elaborate?

Dude, I've explained it so many times here, I just can't anymore. I'm sorry. Go to thread about the Traitorous One, you'll find plenty, we've spent pages going back and forth on this.

Pens fans are just bitter that one of their best players from last year left for the better team. Why arent Pens fans saying Conklin is a traitor he played in Pitt longer than Hossa

More logic. Careful, Pens Fans will get offended.

Dude, I've explained it so many times here, I just can't anymore. I'm sorry. Go to thread about the Traitorous One, you'll find plenty, we've spent pages going back and forth on this.

Get off your ass and provide it yourself. Sifting through your hundreds of bulls*** posts isn't his responsibility. Defend what you post.

diehard pens fan here........ and i gotta tell ya, i could not care less that he left. of course he is a good player. thats it, he's gone move on!!!!

This guy and psyclone are the only two Pens fans on here I would bother replying to the rest is troll feeding. Careful if you over feed it is not obeying the #1 rule to a flat stomach and will look like the before picture, ewwww!

This guy and psyclone are the only two Pens fans on here I would bother replying to the rest is troll feeding. Careful if you over feed it is not obeying the #1 rule to a flat stomach and will look like the before picture, ewwww!

thank you sir