• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
T.Low

Fact of the matter is

Rate this topic

thats why they gotta play the game. History schmistory. Its even, 3 games each.

Obviously, either team is quite capable of winning tonite. Both have huge firepower (albeit in different ways and capacities) and goalies that can stand on their heads. Both have huge motivation.

I just hope that it comes down to performance and execution rather than bad calls, weird bounces, or random misdirections.

Here's to a great Game 7. Here's to Wings win.

Go Wings.

I don't often wish bad things upon other people... but I seriously hope MAF folds up like a cheap suit. I want the game to go as smoothly as possible. After the game, I don't want to have to say, "I'm 23 years old... and I had a heart attack".

I don't often wish bad things upon other people... but I seriously hope MAF folds up like a cheap suit. I want the game to go as smoothly as possible. After the game, I don't want to have to say, "I'm 23 years old... and I had a heart attack".

Amen, I don't want to die the day after my 27th Birthday from a Heart Attack. I hope Fluery let's in about 4 goals per period.

It's a one game series.

But if you were to look at our chances from an outside perspective, Wings do hold the slight advantage.

Hockey players have always said winning in the Joe is one of the hardest feats. Fleury's track record at the Joe has been less than stellar. Pens are a young team and will be under a lot of pressure (just as teh Wings), however, we know Wings feed off pressure. How does the young Pens do under pressure?

Babcock will get the matchups he wants.

Wings virtually had a 7 day rest. (since they didn't show up and play for game 6).

Datsyuk and crew had more time to heal.

Am I ruling out the Pens? No. Do I like our chances? Hell yes!

If Hossa plays a big hitting game and keeps the puck away, backchecks and forechecks, (he doesn't even have to score), just show up big and play like a beast, that's just a nice added bonus.

Edited by Snazzy

I agree with this completely. While I'm sure some are anticipating a party in Detroit, I would give up that party tonight in exchange for a win in game six. I just don't think my ticker can handle it.

Allowing Pittsburgh the opportunity, and that is all any team needs, is just that slight opening, is not what I hoped for. We know the Wings are capable of winning tonight, much is in their favor. However, what has become scary is that Pitt is also very capable of putting this thing away, and they have already won a game 7 on the road this year. Yikes.

I'm certain I will have a coronary tonight.

It's a one game series.

But if you were to look at our chances from an outside perspective, Wings do hold the slight advantage.

Hockey players have always said winning in the Joe is one of the hardest feats. Fleury's track record at the Joe has been less than stellar. Pens are a young team and will be under a lot of pressure (just as teh Wings), however, we know Wings feed off pressure. How does the young Pens do under pressure?

Babcock will get the matchups he wants.

Wings virtually had a 7 day rest. (since they didn't show up and play for game 6).

Datsyuk and crew had more time to heal.

Am I ruling out the Pens? No. Do I like our chances? Hell yes!

If Hossa plays a big hitting game and keeps the puck away, backchecks and forechecks, (he doesn't even have to score), just show up big and play like a beast, that's just a nice added bonus.

Yes, it would nice to see Marian Hossa show up tonite instead of that empty 81 jersey we've seen lately.

Ain't that the truth. Anyone who thinks the Pens don't have any chance is delusional.

I would want nothing more than for the Wings to have a 5 goal lead after the 1st, but it's likely that we're in for a real tight game.

2-2 in regulation I say. In OT anything can happen, so I can't make any predictions about that.

And I agree that it would be nice if the game wasn't decided on random crap and bad calls.

Good observations -- that's what's making this so darn exciting. Although so far this series has boiled down basically to who's playing in whose building. So obviously your advantage here. But -- Game 7's tend to be about breaks, bounces and some unsung player who steps up and roars. In other words, totally unpredictable. Woo hoo!

Good observations -- that's what's making this so darn exciting. Although so far this series has boiled down basically to who's playing in whose building. So obviously your advantage here. But -- Game 7's tend to be about breaks, bounces and some unsung player who steps up and roars. In other words, totally unpredictable. Woo hoo!

I'm just glad the Pens stepped up and played the Wings tough in this series. It's Game 7 now, and all bets are off. Everybody here in Vaginatown will be on the edge of their seat tonight. If the Pens pull this off, it will be the greatest sporting event I will have ever witnessed. Seeing Crosby skate around the JLA with the Cup would be priceless.

I'm just glad the Pens stepped up and played the Wings tough in this series. It's Game 7 now, and all bets are off. Everybody here in Vaginatown will be on the edge of their seat tonight. If the Pens pull this off, it will be the greatest sporting event I will have ever witnessed. Seeing Crosby skate around the JLA with the Cup would be priceless.

Unnecessary.

Wow, aren't you a mature one.