• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Snazzy

Penguins will dismantle due to cap space

Rate this topic

I'm not sure who is eligible for raises, but I doubt we'll see this Penguin again next year. And for sure in 2011 they will some issues.

Didn't they give away a lot of their top prospects too?

What will Pens look like next year?

They have way more problems then Detroit, half their roster are UFA's, and they have almost no cap room. But seriously, the chances of either of these teams making the finals against next year is slim.

I'm not sure who is eligible for raises, but I doubt we'll see this Penguin again next year. And for sure in 2011 they will some issues.

They'll have Tangradi next year. They also have a lot of good defensive prospects in Wilkesbarre. BL was a +45 this year.

Edited by Pensfan

Don't be so sure... I remember hearing the same thing last year. UFA's leaving was supposed to hobble them for this year.

Love to see the Pen's like The Tampa Bay Lightning.

That's what I expect to. I do think Red Wings will go far again next year in the POs. Will they make the SCF again? I'm not ruling them out!

We're going to be the best team in the league for many years to come.

And supposedly the Wings were supposed to get dismantled because of the cap after winning the cup as well. Look what happened since then. They have Dats, Zetts, and Franzen all signed up long term and added Hossa. You never know what someone will sign for.

They have way more problems then Detroit, half their roster are UFA's, and they have almost no cap room. But seriously, the chances of either of these teams making the finals against next year is slim.

I don't see a reason why Detroit can't return to the Finals. Yeah, Pittsburgh is going to have problems. They DID have problems until late in the season. I expect them to be more like the first half of the season, unless they start getting players to go for discounts like Detroit does.

They have Malkin, Crosby and Fleury. They just need AHL players to fill the other spots and they're still a pretty good team. Doubt they'll make the finals next year (hangover..), but I don't think they'll become a terrible team unless they seriously mess up in the off-season.

same thing was said last year about the pens.....and now look at them.

Let's not lose sight of the fact they were in 10th place in the EAST for pete's sake as they reformed their lineup and changed out their head coach.

The Pens transformed themselves into the Stanley Cup champions during the season. their off-season signings were rather bad.

Guest Architeuthis

They mighty strong down the middle regardless. Top three centers and the flower. Plus you gotta think there's gonna be a lot of players out there wanting to play wing on either of those top two lines for a better that average chance at 30 goals and a cup. Crosby don't pay much rent either so he'd happily take a pay cut for a shot at number two:) He makes what he makes because he is who he is. Sucks but don't think for a second he wouldn't give 7 mil to have your Z playin wing! *** hossa btw.

IS this suppose to be some failed attempt at schadenfreude or serious statistical analysis, because I think most fans on this boards have more important issues to focus on to give you a ton of feedback on this.