• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#1 Pat

Pat

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:12 PM

Can anyone confirm that he didn't shake our hands?

If so what classlessness...

#2 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:13 PM

NO NO NO! My God are we really that desperate to criticize?

He was still celebrating with the coaches and trainers.

#3 Jedi

Jedi

I used to be a spy...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:14 PM

No, he was there, just closer to the end of the handshake line. NBC had a shot of Babs shaking his hand in the line. Overheard Babs say "Great leadership there" or something to that effect.

burnnotice2.png
Covert Ops has its perks. You travel, make your own hours, and expense most of your meals.
The downside? Lots of people want you dead...

#4 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:37 PM

Crosby missed most of the handshaking while he was celebrating off in another section of the ice with teammates and coaching staff. He made it at the end for the Wings coaching staff.

Think of it what you may, but personally I'm feeling too much like crap over the loss to bother even giving a s*** about trivial stuff like this.

Edited by Shoreline, 12 June 2009 - 10:38 PM.

#5 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (Shoreline @ June 12, 2009 - 11:37PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Crosby missed most of the handshaking while he was celebrating off in another section of the ice with teammates and coaching staff. He made it at the end for the Wings coaching staff.

Think of it what you may, but personally I'm feeling too much like crap over the loss to bother even giving a s*** about trivial stuff like this.

You mean you're not going to cling to ever morsel of lashing out on others? You're a freak!

#6 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:39 PM

Who gives a crap. Really, why do you care?

#7 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (The Secret @ June 12, 2009 - 08:39PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who gives a crap. Really, why do you care?

They get jealous if the refs or Bettman are on Crosby's nuts more than they are. (the Crosby hating fanatics that is)

Edited by Shoreline, 12 June 2009 - 10:41 PM.

#8 PenaltyShot 96

PenaltyShot 96

Youth Movement

• HoF Booster
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:43 PM

I shut off the TV after the final horn, but considering how hard LeBron James was ragged on for refusing to shake hands after his loss, I hope Crosby gets the same amount if not more for refusing to shake hands after a win. Celebrate with your team on the flight home.
"That's what happens when Downey walks into a room...things die."

#9 C20lw

C20lw

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:44 PM

My buddy was at the game and sent me a few messages about it. He said while he was taking pictures of the shaking hands and the celebrating; Crosby didn't go near the Wings until the end of the line to meet Ozzie and Babcock. Him and myself do believe this is an action lacking respect for the Wings. Yes it is a time of celebration, but it was quite unsportsman like to not shake hands like everyone else was. Blame it on immaturity of a young athlete or blame it on Crosby still being a *****.

Congrats Pengs it was a long hard battle, but IMHO Crosby bitched out.

Thanks wingnut22!!

#10 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:52 PM

Nothing like a Crosby hating thread to take away from our deficiencies thaty cost us the Cup. I couldn't care less if Crosby grabbed the Cup and left the building and without even looking at the Wings to be honest... who cares. The youngest Captain in history got carried away in the moment of winning the Cup and missed some hand shakes, whof****** cares.

#11 datsyukismyfriend

datsyukismyfriend

Hockeytown!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:55 PM

i can't stand crosby. not only did he not shake hands with the team, he snubbed babs at the end. babs paid crosby some big compliments and crosby never looked at him, just kind of nodded his head, and skated off. he's a prick through and through. i can't believe he's celebrating with the cup right now.
-I can't believe we drove around all day, and there's not a single job in this town. There is nothing, nada, zip!
-Yeah! Unless you wanna work forty hours a week.

#12 Pat

Pat

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE (The Secret @ June 12, 2009 - 11:52PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nothing like a Crosby hating thread to take away from our deficiencies thaty cost us the Cup. I couldn't care less if Crosby grabbed the Cup and left the building and without even looking at the Wings to be honest... who cares. The youngest Captain in history got carried away in the moment of winning the Cup and missed some hand shakes, whof****** cares.

So its fine if we won the cup for lidstrom to just sit with the coaches and not show class? Dont think so buddy

#13 HanKarin40

HanKarin40

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:00 PM

I think Crosby just got wrapped up in the moment. At least that's what I hope. Otherwise, that's just poor sportsmanship, win or lose. I thought it was worse that Good Ole Gary didn't congratulate or acknowledge Detroit on their season. For the commissioner of this league to so conveniently "forget" to do so is just bulls***! Thanks for the slap in the face.

Edited by HanKarin40, 12 June 2009 - 11:05 PM.

#14 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE (Pat @ June 12, 2009 - 11:58PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So its fine if we won the cup for lidstrom to just sit with the coaches and not show class? Dont think so buddy

More like it's fine that he has to shake hands with more individuals with that face of the league status.

#15 paul19010

paul19010

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:03 PM

f*** him, who cares? i care about crosby about as much as i do about malkins moms f***ed up russian soup.

#16 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (Pat @ June 12, 2009 - 11:58PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Who cares man? What difference does it make? Why does it bother you so much that you need to start this? Would it have made you feel better if he shook every single hand and looked everyone in the eye and told them he loves them? Get off it!

#17 Zion

Zion

Hall-of-Famer

• Bronze Booster
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:05 PM

No one gives a f***. It wasn't personal.

Fleury showed up. The Wings did not.

Pittsburgh won 4 out of 5 games after going down 2-0. They deserved to win. Detroit needs some roster changes, that's all.

Great series. Great season.

Hockeytown - No Limits

#18 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:08 PM

Who gives a flying fart? Really. He could have taken a dump on center ice and it wouldn't have changed a dang thing that happened. We lost, they won. To the victor go the spoils.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#19 teckaholic

teckaholic

TecKaHolic

• Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE (datsyukismyfriend @ June 12, 2009 - 11:55PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i can't stand crosby. not only did he not shake hands with the team, he snubbed babs at the end. babs paid crosby some big compliments and crosby never looked at him, just kind of nodded his head, and skated off. he's a prick through and through. i can't believe he's celebrating with the cup right now.

You complain alot! Half the Wings didn't shake hands w/ the Ducks during the 03 season. I am sure you laughed it up!
Best Current Rivalry in Hockey: Ducks vs. Red Wings!

#20 Zeowingsfan

Zeowingsfan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:10 PM

I don't care about Crosby, Wings didn't show up until it was too late. I feel bad for Ozzy who played his heart out every game of the playoffs.
The logo on the front is always more important than the name on the back