• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 cirov19

cirov19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 11:36 PM

I remember a time when I rooted for Crosby.

How I wish he wasn't af****** tool.

#22 PDX Wingman

PDX Wingman

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 12:19 AM

I don't give a damn about Pittsburgh, and I'm not buying this "rivalry" crap that they're trying to thrust upon us in the media. Sure, they supposedly beat the Wings, but that'll happen from time to time. It's hard to hate a team when you only play them maybe twice a season. There's no real animosity between us. I hate Bettman more than I hate Pittsburgh, because he decreed that they'd get preferential treatment in this final.

Anaheim, on the other hand, has played us dirty and is a conference foe. While the Wings eeked past them in the playoffs this year, the Ducks are the team that really defeated Detroit, by beating the hell out of our guys over a seven game period. Pittsburgh just reaped the benefits of that and of playing a weak bunch of Eastern Conference opponents.

The only team I really hate right now is Anaheim. Chicago is definitely threatening to become a rival. Pittsburgh's just the league's sweetheart. I don't respect Crosby, but I don't hate the team.

#23 reyalp

reyalp

Rookie

• Pip
  • 184 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 05:49 AM

I hate the Pens because, before they got Crosby and Malkin their fans were no where to be found... and now for the last five years everyones been cumming their pants every time crosby steps on the ice

#24 FromItaly

FromItaly

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:13 AM

Personally I don't hate either of the teams. I just hate some of their players, such as Pronger, Niedermayer and Cry-sby. The only team I still hate is Colorado, despite recent developments.
"People are morons". - Bill Murray

#25 winfran

winfran

Draftee

• 14 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 07:57 AM

No, you are not alone. I hate the Ducks and my god, I hate Pronger. My husband, who isn't even a huge hockey fan, hates Pronger. Pittsburgh is a non-entity to me and I don't respect them at all.

#26 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,293 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:13 AM

Losing against the Ducks in that Game 7 would have hurt a lot more for me. Not just because it would have been an earlier exit, but because I felt Detroit was so much better in that whole series and still the Ducks managed to goon and cheat their way to a game 7. I just hate that team so much.

I have no like for the Pens either, I think Talbot is a ****** and Crosby is annoying, but it's not on the same level as Pronger and the Ducks.

#27 Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE (Doc Holiday @ June 13, 2009 - 10:09PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hate Anaheim because of their team.

I hate Pittsburgh because they are the golden team of the NHL.

So you aren't the only one. If Pittsburgh wasn't touted as the best team to ever play I wouldn't have a problem with them.

I'm not usre why you find the need to make up the "best team to ever play" stuff.

#28 Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE (winfran @ June 14, 2009 - 08:57AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, you are not alone. I hate the Ducks and my god, I hate Pronger. My husband, who isn't even a huge hockey fan, hates Pronger. Pittsburgh is a non-entity to me and I don't respect them at all.

You should respect them. They just beat you 4 out of 5 and won a crucial game 7 on your ice. How you could not find anything to look up to or respect in that is odd.

#29 Offsides

Offsides

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 12:17 PM

I still hate the Ducks more than any other team in the NHL.

Posted Image

#30 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 18,832 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 12:27 PM

I respect how tightly the Ducks have played us the past 2 playoff series, but I stillf****** hate them more then anything. Malkins a dirty bastard, Crosby glues pubes to his face for playoff runs, and Talbot is a prick, but we only see them every once in a while, and I seriously doubt we'll be seeing each other in the Finals again for while.

#NOMOREKINDL

#31 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,239 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 01:14 PM

It's very simple guys.

I hate the Pens more because we just lost to them, their fans are more obnoxious, and they're the league's media darlings.

The Ducks are not media darlings, they don't have any fans, and we didn't lose to them this year.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.