• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Sedin's want the Zetterberg deal

Rate this topic

Screw the slaphots! When his wrist is healed we'll be seeing alot more of this:

He'll fight, just don't expect it to be a regular thing. Ericsson is definitely the kind of player that picks his spots when it comes to fighting.

If the Canucks don't sign the Sedins they better aquire an elite offensive threat or two. Luongo wants to play for a Cup contender, so he's not going to sign with the Canucks if their chances of winning the Cup are regressing.

Right now they need to show Luongo they're seriously committed to putting together a winning club long term.

For some reason I think that their idea of an elite offensive threat is re-signing Sundin.

;)

I've never quite figured out the exact Calder requirements. Helm has already played on the roster during the season which would suggest he's not eligible, does there have to be a certain number of games played for a season to be considered a 'rookie' season even if he's played previous years?

I've never quite figured out the exact Calder requirements. Helm has already played on the roster during the season which would suggest he's not eligible, does there have to be a certain number of games played for a season to be considered a 'rookie' season even if he's played previous years?

If you've played any more than 25 regular season games in any previous season you aren't eligible. Helm had 16 last year so he's still eligible.

For some reason I think that their idea of an elite offensive threat is re-signing Sundin.

Then, the Canucks failed. There is a reason why most of Canucks fans hate their GM, Mike Gillis. First, he looks arrogant and secondly, he brought up Sundin who came to the end of his prime. Sundin is not even close to the elite offensive player at this point. What he has done to Vancvouer is just go out and do the face-off. He made some fluke goals but that is it.

Franzen- 20-30 goal scorer 3.9 million

Sundin- 50 or 60 points producer and 5.6 million

Yes. A thousand times yes. At this risk of sounding like Pierre Maguire, this kid is a MONSTER!

First time I saw him play was the Canada vs. Sweden exhibition game at the ACC and the second time was in a Brampton Battalion playoff game where he dropped a hat trick and assisted on the OT winner.

I'm insanely jelous of the fact he's playing for Vancouver. Credentials:

- Named to the World Junior Championships All-Star Team in 2009

- Named the OHL All-Star Classic Player of the Game in 2009

- OHL All-Star Classic record; most points, single-game - 5

- Brampton Battalion franchise record; point-scoring streak - 23 games

- Won the William Hanley Trophy (OHL's Most Sportsmanlike) in 2009.

- Won the Red Tilson Trophy (OHL's Most Outstanding Player) in 2009.

- Named to the OHL First All-Star Team in 2009.

- Named the CHL Player of the Year in 2009.

Watching this kid is worth the price of admission alone.

Good post but I am not going to believe until the kid really shows up and play. I have watched hockey for only around 10 years but there were so many kids who were expected to play great but performed no good. No one knows the future. For us, did anyone here expect Zetterberg and Datsyuk would be these great players when they were rookies? It is same with Anze Kopitar in the Kings. From my view, I think he has tremendous skill but the team itself demolishes his skill

It will be so fun to watch the Canucks fans whine the kid if he does not perform well and that is the life of the Canucks fans

Edited by FedorovMan91

It's a pretty good deal for Vancouver -- let's face it, they simply have not earned players taking such a 'home-town discount' as the Red Wings Organization enjoys. So for them, it's a great deal.

Two players with great chemistry who average over a point per game each.

:D haha I want a Zetterberg deal too! And so does my brother!

The structure is no surprise, but as everyone here and hopefully in Vancouver know, there is no way in hell either is worth Hank dollars.

There going to Toronto. Along with Beauchemin, possibly Morrison and Bertuzzi as well. Burkie will collect the effective former Canucks/Ducks

and he shall call them the Ca'f***s!

As far as points for Team Pairings goes, the Sedins are 4rth behind Crosby/Malkin, Ovie/Semin, Dats/Z. But IMO they are not going to lead you to the promised land. They elite 2nd liners if there ever where elite 2nd liners, but just too vanilla to be your big line.

And Cup and Smythe aside, have they shut down Crosby two Cup Finals in a row?

Do they play on the PK?

They were discussing this on VANCOUVER Team 1040 and Pratt started comparing them to Zetterberg and Taylor kept saying,"Stop. Stop right there, just stop. You cannot compare them to Henrik Zetterberg just because they have a lot of points and are Swedish. Just stop. They are no where near the two way player he is," and he went on making great points about Z.

Ive been watching alot of canucks games and I cant help feeling most of you are understimating them both.

5 million each is NOTHING for what they bring. They are definately solid in all zones and can take the pk also.

+1 for greedyness until insanity

I'm amazed how many people here seem to think that the Sedins contracts can't be similar to Z's just because they're not as good as him.

If you go by that standard than 99% of the league is a joke. Zetterberg's deal was an absolute STEAL. Crosby, Ovechkin and Malkin all give you less hockey dominance per dollar.

But that's not the point. Zetterberg gave the Wings a big break on the cap hit in exchange for job security. Cool, that works out for both sides.

So that suddenly means guys who put up a point per game and play PK/PP duty aren't worth 5 million a year? WTF?

This has nothing to do with comparing Zetterberg to the Sedins and everything to do with comparing a potential contract structure and the resulting cap hit to Zetterberg's. Comparing hockey skill isn't the question. This is about the Sedin kids' market value. And that's surely more than 5 million dollars a season each.

From tsn dot com:

Vancouver Canucks general manager Mike Gillis met with Henrik and Daniel Sedin's agent, JP Barry, late Friday night following round one of the NHL Entry Draft.

The Canucks did not table a counter proposal to the Sedin's recent 12-year, $63 million dollar pitch, and sources say Gillis gave no indication a counter offer is coming.

From tsn dot com:

Henrik and Daniel Sedin are facing the reality they may have to leave the only NHL city they have ever called home.

The Sedins' agent, JP Barry, will spend the next few days in Sweden preparing the 28-year old twins for their next step, unrestricted free agency.

Barry says there has been no progress in contract discussions, including a meeting this week in Montreal with Canucks general manager Mike Gillis that failed to encourage a counter offer to keep the Sedins in Vancouver.

Vancouver is positioning themselves to make a push for Gaborik and Hossa, methinks.

They are going to have $23m in cap space and could even make a play for Bouwmeester as well.

Question here, I haven't read the thread just asking, sorry if I derail:

Have they stated they want to stay together? Is it the media that assumes they want to stay together?

It will hinder them greatly if they insist on staying together the rest of their careers, don't you think? I mean they then will only be able to go to teams that have the cap room to add two high priced UFA's. Those are no usually the teams finishing in June.

Didn't really want to start another thread just for this question, if it should be another thread can a mod please do the necessary with it.

Question here, I haven't read the thread just asking, sorry if I derail:

Have they stated they want to stay together? Is it the media that assumes they want to stay together?

It will hinder them greatly if they insist on staying together the rest of their careers, don't you think? I mean they then will only be able to go to teams that have the cap room to add two high priced UFA's. Those are no usually the teams finishing in June.

Didn't really want to start another thread just for this question, if it should be another thread can a mod please do the necessary with it.

I believe they want to play together that is why they BOTH made the offer to Van instead of only one of or the agent saying Henrik wants this contract and then Daniel not saying anything lol. So it is assumed they do not want to play seperately and it doesn't get any better than playing NHL hockey with your own brother/twin accept for maybe me being datsyuk's line mate lol.

I think Van will make a push for Gaborik or Hossa with the help of Demitra as they are all close buddies, not sure how VAN is planning on filling in Ohlund's spot if he leaves. I think if they got good D with Luongo they will be alot better vs loading up on offensive stars and keeping a mediocre defense. They should trade for Redden, keep ohlund below 4.5 mill, re-sign wellwood, add Neil and maybe trade for a prospect and picks for boston's kessel. Those additions add forechecking, stable offense, strong defense and steller goalie in Luongo. Just a thought lol.

If the Canucks don't sign the Sedins they better aquire an elite offensive threat or two. Luongo wants to play for a Cup contender, so he's not going to sign with the Canucks if their chances of winning the Cup are regressing.

Right now they need to show Luongo they're seriously committed to putting together a winning club long term.

The papers are saying that Luongo and the Canucks have already agreed to a 5 year 8 mil per contract and it will be announced July 1st.

IMO, that's waaaay to much for Luongo.

Signed.

5 years at $6.1

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=283415

After being drafted together in 1999, and playing their entire careers on the same club, the Sedin brothers Daniel and Henrik will continue that trend now in Vancouver.

The brothers have signed a pair of five-year contacts, averaging $6.1 million a season.

Playing side by side for the Canucks, the duo has amassed 288 goals, 634 assists, and 922 points in 1,288 games combined, but were unable to lead Vancouver into the Stanley Cup Final.

The 2008-2009 season was arguably their best year yet, with Daniel leading the Canucks in goal scoring with 31, the second highest output of his career, while Henrik had a career-high 22 goals, as both finished with 82 points on the season.

Daniel and Henrik entered the league as the second and third overall selections by the Vancouver Canucks in the 1999 NHL Entry Draft.