• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Draft Day Trade Rumours

Rate this topic

These are all from Darren Dreger...

- Florida is expected to trade the rights to Jay Bouwmeester today/tonight.

- Leafs are getting close to trading Tomas Kaberle, with Boston offering Phil Kessel. Burke expected to continue to take offers until at least later on tonight. Kaberle loses his no-trade clause at 7pm tonight.

- Tampa Bay has said they are keeping the 2nd overall pick and are not taking offers for Lecavalier.

More to come!

EDIT:

- Rival GM calls Ottawa's asking price for Heatley: "Outrageous"

Edited by MacK_Attack

- Leafs are getting close to trading Tomas Kaberle, with Boston offering Phil Kessel. Burke expected to continue to take offers until at least later on tonight. Kaberle loses his no-trade clause at 7pm tonight.

- Tampa Bay has said they are keeping the 2nd overall pick and are not taking offers for Lecavalier.

More to come!

EDIT:

To add to that, Dreger says that Lecavalier is golfing all day, with his phone off. Since I believe he has an NTC, it's impossible to trade him today, regardless of the offer, since he can't be contacted.

Edit: My bad, NTC not in effect yet.

Edited by Zetts

To add to that, Dreger says that Lecavalier is golfing all day, with his phone off. Since I believe he has an NTC, it's impossible to trade him today, regardless of the offer, since he can't be contacted.

Lecavalier's NTC doesn't kick-in until July 1st.

More to come!

EDIT:

Ahhhhh! It was only a matter of time before I arrived to put my wish in! A lot of you have probably already read it, so I will spare you names and picks, but I think Holland should trade up, at ALL costs to the #1 to land Hedman! I'd hate to see Hedman end up in the wasteland of the Isle or Tampa. Maybe that is why Tampa says it isn't trading the #2, because they know Deroit is getting the #1 and taking Hedman, so they know they are guaranteed Tavares!

Ok, now back to reality....

First year that I'm actually going to watch the draft in anticipation of some big trades... I'd love to see the roof come off that place when Bettman announces a trade between Montreal and Tampa Bay ;)

I watched the draft last year and it was pretty interesting. It was actually pretty exciting with all the trade announcements. I don't expect anything involving Detroit, but it's interesting to see what other teams are doing.

Kenny Holland and Company won't be moving anybody to go up in the draft. Detroit has got plenty of depth right now anyway. Besides the best player that they'll probably draft will be in the 7th round. :)