• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Systemfel

2009 NHL Entry Draft GDT

Rate this topic

Haha. Yeah, the Nazis didn't scare a single Finn. Not one. I mean they just rolled through Europe stealing and murdering those who they didn't agree with politically or ethnically, but all those Finns were like "f*** it, I'm not afraid of the Nazis even if I am Jewish, because I'm too tough to flee from a war."

Actually, Finland and germany fought on the same side. It's the Russians, the Finns would have fled from.

Hehe, that's funny. I didn't know that foreign people are interested in reading it. It was the first book I ever read. I was about 7 years old.
I'm half-Finnish, so that probably explains it.

7 years old, eh? Pretty intense reading for someone that young, eh? Also, impossible to make out what Hietanen is saying most of the time, lol.

----------------

Habs take Leblanc. Bravo.

Actually, Finland and germany fought on the same side. It's the Russians, the Finns would have fled from.

Too be honest 1940 was not a win for Soviet Union.

In other news I think Wings should stay with the program and pick a Swede.

I see there's still no love lost between the Russians and Finns :lol:

But Pav and Fil are like best buddies. :hehe:

Apparently Fil is supposed to be Finland's 4th line center next year. Maybe those games of keep away with Pav will come in handy.

But Pav and Fil are like best buddies. :hehe:

Apparently Fil is supposed to be Finland's 4th line center next year. Maybe those games of keep away with Pav will come in handy.

I doubt the Russians will match Datsyuk up against the Finnish 4th line. They'll probably try and match Malkin against the 4th, and put Datsyuk against the enemy's 1st or 2nd line.

I see there's still no love lost between the Russians and Finns :lol:

Actually I am wondering what people in Finland were thinking about Soviet Union at the time. As far as I understand the official line in Finland was - "we are not going to say a bad word about our rather large neighbor". Hence the Finlandization term.

Actually I am wondering what people in Finland were thinking about Soviet Union at the time. As far as I understand the official line in Finland was - "we are not going to say a bad word about our rather large neighbor". Hence the Finlandization term.

Mainly hate and fear, but there were already millions of Finns then so there naturally was quite a many opinions too.

Not sure. All I know is the Finns made the Russians look weak in the eyes of the Germans (while it was largely due to the Russians stupidly doing the "great purge" of their highest officers and killing their own morale and fighting capacity in the process) and thus inadvertently caused Operation Barbarossa to go through, thus insuring Germany's defeat in WWII. If the Finns weren't so badass against the Russians, Germany probably wouldn't have seen Russia as vulnerable and England would've been thoroughly raped by a German invasion force.

Edited by Drake_Marcus

No idea who that is, but send a letter to the Wings and maybe they'll listen! Seriously, it couldn't hurt.

"At 6'2½, Spinks decided he had the underpinnings for additional weight. As a pro he had never fought at more than 174½ pounds; in his defense against David Sears earlier this year, he weighed only 170½. His average fighting weight was 173. To bulk up for Holmes, Spinks brought in New Orleans nutritionist Mackie Shilstone, 34, a former Tulane football player, who put him on a 4,500-calorie diet sliced into 65% carbohydrates, 20% protein and 15% fat. It was mostly made up of vegetables and grains."

Link

Spinks won the heavweight belt so it worked.

"But Mayweather Sr. said Ellerbee has no expertise in the area and "just has his hand out and is looking for a paycheck." Mayweather Sr. said if his son wants to bulk up, he should hire someone such as Mackie Shilstone, who helped Roy Jones Jr. put on 20 pounds of muscle for his WBA heavyweight title victory last week. "

Link

"Yo-yo dieting definitely can and does adversely affect athletic performance, said noted New Orleans nutritionist and physical-conditioning guru Mackie Shilstone, who has applied what he has learned about the human body to his associations with such notable fighters as Michael Spinks, Riddick Bowe, Roy Jones Jr. and Bernard Hopkins. Shilstone helped bulk up Spinks, Jones and Hopkins the proper way, and he helped Bowe pare down just as sensibly.

“When I was brought into the Bowe camp by Rock Newman, it was not only to bring Bowe’s weight down, but to improve his stamina,†Shilstone said. “I started with him for the (Pierre) Coetzer fight. After that, Bowe got the chance to take Evander Holyfield’s title, and he did."

Link

“His name is Mackie Shilstone. His client list reads like a who's who of athletic“

Link

Here is a good bio on him:

“Over 1000 professional athletes have turned to Mackie Shilstone to give them the body, the drive, ...“

Link

"At 6'2½, Spinks decided he had the underpinnings for additional weight. As a pro he had never fought at more than 174½ pounds; in his defense against David Sears earlier this year, he weighed only 170½. His average fighting weight was 173. To bulk up for Holmes, Spinks brought in New Orleans nutritionist Mackie Shilstone, 34, a former Tulane football player, who put him on a 4,500-calorie diet sliced into 65% carbohydrates, 20% protein and 15% fat. It was mostly made up of vegetables and grains."

Link

Spinks won the heavweight belt so it worked.

"But Mayweather Sr. said Ellerbee has no expertise in the area and "just has his hand out and is looking for a paycheck." Mayweather Sr. said if his son wants to bulk up, he should hire someone such as Mackie Shilstone, who helped Roy Jones Jr. put on 20 pounds of muscle for his WBA heavyweight title victory last week. "

Link

"Yo-yo dieting definitely can and does adversely affect athletic performance, said noted New Orleans nutritionist and physical-conditioning guru Mackie Shilstone, who has applied what he has learned about the human body to his associations with such notable fighters as Michael Spinks, Riddick Bowe, Roy Jones Jr. and Bernard Hopkins. Shilstone helped bulk up Spinks, Jones and Hopkins the proper way, and he helped Bowe pare down just as sensibly.

“When I was brought into the Bowe camp by Rock Newman, it was not only to bring Bowe’s weight down, but to improve his stamina,†Shilstone said. “I started with him for the (Pierre) Coetzer fight. After that, Bowe got the chance to take Evander Holyfield’s title, and he did."

Link

“His name is Mackie Shilstone. His client list reads like a who's who of athletic“

Link

Here is a good bio on him:

“Over 1000 professional athletes have turned to Mackie Shilstone to give them the body, the drive, ...“

Link

I'm a professional academic, with athletics being a hobby, but I wanna meet this Shilstone dude to help bulk me up :)