• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sputman

Mitchell Callahan

Rate this topic

yeah, slight exaggeration.

won't we all be excited, though, to have this kid in the system, only for him never to see the light of day in a wings uniform?

:thumbdown:

i hope im wrong, though. he looks spunky!

Strengths: Excellent fighter. Fearless style and works hard. Just enough skating and skill to be interesting.

yeah, i hope he doesn't turn into a soft center or a medicore goalie as well.

You know what I meant. Players that reach the cusp of being regulars but for whatever reason just don't make it in a Wings jersey.

You know what I meant. Players that reach the cusp of being regulars but for whatever reason just don't make it in a Wings jersey.

yeah, yeah. i remember darryl bootland getting quite a lot of love here, and now i think he's working at chilis.

*edited for spelling

Edited by drumshanbo

I like the pick - it was just a late 6th rounder. Even if he never wears a Wings jersey you need guys like this - especially in the minors. If he adds 20-25 pounds over the next four years and plays some tenacious 4th line grinding minutes than what is the problem? If Downey leaves G.R. and Mac retires in a year or two you have to have someone fill the void - he doesn't look timid of anyone bigger than him to me and apparently he has an offensive upside.

Callahan scored more goals in his first season in the WHL than Darren Helm. Hes also going on a weight gain mission this summer to get his weight up to the 200lb mark.

Im sensing a possible enforcer in the making...

Edited by uk_redwing

Callahan scored more goals in his first season in the WHL than Darren Helm. Hes also going on a weight gain mission this summer to get his weight up to the 200lb mark.

Im sensing a possible enforcer in the making...

A common trend with "enforcers" is that their hands are made of stone, which is not a good thing if you want to be on the Red Wings these days. However, it seems as if the kid has good enough skill and hockey sense that he could perhaps provide great net front presence and get garbage goals.

I'm happy we got this guy, and used a 6th round pick. Offensive upside is limited (in NHL terms) but I gather that he could make a solid 3rd or 4th liner. His checking/physical upside looks very solid. He's probably too young for this to happen, but imagine how good it would be to have Downey or McCarty take this guy under their wing.

As long as he can hit and fight, I'm not interested in how cute his hands look out there on the ice.

We have too many skilled players already. We need some more sandpaper on this roster to even things out. I don't want another season of having a pointless 4th line.

I don't want another season of having a pointless 4th line.

Our 4th line did have a point...it was to let the other team score to keep the rest of the team on their toes.

Edited by uk_redwing

As long as he can hit and fight, I'm not interested in how cute his hands look out there on the ice.

We have too many skilled players already. We need some more sandpaper on this roster to even things out. I don't want another season of having a pointless 4th line.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

what a waste of a pick

You aren't being serious, are you? It was a 6th round pick, the guy has a lot of upside possibility in his offensive game, he is a above average penalty killer, this too will surely improve as he works his way through the Wings system - and he is a fearless scrapper - something that wouldn't hurt to have especially if all the other aspects of his game come along as well.

What size are you talking about?!

He's still probably got an inch or two of growing to do, and hes going to be 200lbs or there abouts by October. If he can bring that up to 220lbs hes well on his way to being a solid heavyweight fighter.

He's 5'-11" not gonna grow 6'-1"

Males stop growing roughly at the age of 25. He has 7 years of growing still to do. Whilst hes obviously not going to shoot up, an inch or two isnt unrealistic at all.

And yes, 5"11 220lbs is also possible. Jon Mirasty in the AHL is 5"10 220lbs.