• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mitchmac33

Conklin signs with the Blues

Rate this topic

It's a shame, he was a great goalie. If we were in any sort of reasonable cap situation I'd pay that for him in a heartbeat. But we're not, so there was no way to justify paying that much for a backup.

Best of luck to him.

Edit: The strangest part of this is that now the Blues will lose in the finals. Who'd have thought they'd make it that far? Seriously though, 3 times in 4 years? I feel for the guy.

Edited by Zetts

Guest Shoreline
what will st. louis give him that the red wings cant? he played a lot of games here...

Think of it as a moral victory (off the ice, at that), which is all the Blues have been able to muster in what, the last 15+ years against the Wings? Ozzie, Legace, Conklin, etc. Still 0 cups, still 0 playoff series wins vs. the Wings, still either not making the playoffs or losing out early.

Edited by Shoreline

LMAO... first Ozzie, then Manny, now Conks.... and still the same old s***ty team... they are silly!

Must be paybacks for Reindeau (sp?) and Cujo

Edited by OsGOD

Well, this day is going great! I know Holland wasn't going to make an offer to Conklin, but it still bugs me that we've lost three (two really because Kopecky doesn't count) to teams in our own division, Chicago was as dangerous as hell without Hossa and Conklin alone doesn't make the Blues a playoff contender- but he does make them a better team for sure.