• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Thanks for the Season Marian

Rate this topic

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Just wanted to make this post to prove how we are better then those whiney Pittsburgh losers who are still crying about Hossa leaving (you think the ref's giving them 2 games in the finals would be compensation <_< )

Anyways, I would just like to make this thread to show my appreciation to Hossa for the Season he was here. Was a blast to watch and I am thankfull for your sacrifice of a 81 million dollar contract.

To bad we coudlnt win it for you.

Anyone else feel this way?

Ok, we've had enough "Thanks You Marian" threads the past couple of days, enuff is enuff. He is the mortal enemy now, a blackhawk. Cripes! We've had more threads thanking Hossa than we've had thanking Chelios, whom was much more important to this team...

I can honestly say I never once expected him to stay and always preferred keeping Franzen and Hudler over him. Though he was exciting to watch this year... In the regular season at least.

:rolleyes: Uh actually a ton of people expected him to stay. And it's nto as if he signed for alot more in Chicago so we weren't unrealistic in thesde expectations either.

I'm not mad at him. I won't lower myself to the level of the classless POS fans in Pittsburgh. Thanks for the greatg reg season but he's nto a pressure guy. When under pressure he thinks too much. I won't blame him for his performance in the final as most of our players were held, clutched, grabbed, obstructed and kept from playing a fair game. But unlike other players, he sucked BEFORE the finals too.

Chicago can have him. We won without him. Goodbye Marian, thanks for the season. We'll be seeing you and the wife soon.

i was ready to feel this way.. until he went to chicago

Yep pretty much. Still don't hate him, he is a hell of a player. But man it's going to be great calling him a playoff choke when we beat his team in the playoffs for the next 12 years.

I honestly didn't expect Hossa to accept Hollands 10yr/40million offer (4 mil per year) but I had a sense of hope. With that said, it was a pleasure having him. Maybe he'll demand a trade in the next few years for his chance to win a cup and Holland can land him.

Yep pretty much. Still don't hate him, he is a hell of a player. But man it's going to be great calling him a playoff choke when we beat his team in the playoffs for the next 12 years.

They'd have to make the playoffs first. With their financial scenario that they have coming up in a few seasons, they might be screwed.

Talon once again panics and overpays. This is why Holland owns. Calm and patient.

I honestly didn't expect Hossa to accept Hollands 10yr/40million offer (4 mil per year) but I had a sense of hope. With that said, it was a pleasure having him. Maybe he'll demand a trade in the next few years for his chance to win a cup and Holland can land him.

chicago would never trade him back to detroit

chicago would never trade him back to detroit

and detroit would never want him back from chicago. for that price.

I keep thinking about it, and i don't know what he expects from there. they're going to be in cap hell sooner than later. they're immature and they're not going to support him like we did. you think if they go down 3-2 in a series they'd be as composed as a team like Detroit? They're kids. We're men. He's ditching the best team in the league for a group of children who had a GM that hit the panic button.

I need a new sig. :(

I really can't blame him, Chicago was a good choice for him. Best of luck to Hossa, except against us. If the crowd and the Joe boos at Hossa I'll be sick.

They were booing him the last few games of the Finals when he was a Wing, thus there's no reason not to boo him now.

Hell, they booed Fedorov for crying out loud. Hossa did s*** for us compared to what Sergei did.

To bad we coudlnt win it for you.

Hossa was a passenger the entire play-offs, contributing rarely, inconsistently. I don't care that Hossa is leaving, he was a no show. And the reason the Wings aren't champs. One goal by Hossa in any of the final 5 games (besides Game 6) would've got Detroit the cup. Detroit lost because they were out-scored. And Hossa, the highest paid player didn't score even one goal.

Hossa choked. And I thought that he would feel a little bit bad about his poor performance, and sign with Detroit for a discount. Instead he signs with Chicago for just 1 million more per season. Pretty pathetic. I'm glad he's gone.

Hossa knows no loyalty, only money.

Edited by TheOwl

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
They were booing him the last few games of the Finals when he was a Wing, thus there's no reason not to boo him now.

Hell, they booed Fedorov for crying out loud. Hossa did s*** for us compared to what Sergei did.

Fedorov left for less money

Hossa left for MORE, and would have liked to stay here if the cap allowed us to be able to pay him fair value.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
This is actually a blessing just think of the cap problems we could of been in if we had actually signed him.

Assuming he woudl've accetped the 4 mill cap hit, there really wouldn't be any besides this year.

Nick's Salary is off the books next year and will either retire or take less. Same with Holmstrom, Draper and Maltby.

Next year we have a lot of cap room to play around with, may I dare suggest Luongo if Ozzie decides to hang it up after one more cup?

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Assuming he woudl've accetped the 4 mill cap hit, their really wodulnt be any besides this year.

Nick's Salary is off the books next year and will either retire or take less. Same with Holmstrom, Draper and Maltby.

Next year we have a lot of cap room to play around with, may I dare suggest Luongo if Ozzie decides to hang it up after one more cup?

3 months ago I would'ev been on board with a helmet. But now? After that Chicago series where Luo, sorry to say, was horrible? I can usually see when a D lets a goalie down but he didn't. He just choked in the simplest definition. I don't want that. This season more than any other I and I think a few others really learned the importance of a goalie who can play well when it matters. We don't need another Nabokov or Turco. We need another Ozzie or Dom.

But as far as players go, I've wanted to see Daniel Alfredsson in a red jersey for a long time. Anyone think he'd take a pay cut at a chance to win one before he goes? I'm unaware of his contract numbers currently. Anyone know?

Edited by numberthirtynine

Assuming he woudl've accetped the 4 mill cap hit, their really wodulnt be any besides this year.

I wouldn't want it. Teams should never spend more then 4-5 million on a goalie, especially in the Wing's situation.