Zion

Mikael Samuelsson signs with Vancouver

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

YEAH!

This feels good...

3.5Million in capspace? Leino @ 1Million, Hudler @ 2.5M

GOGO.

HOW MUCH? Why arent they saying how much? They WAY overpayed for the Sedin twins (whom im sure had a role in getting sammy there), so im sure they overpayed for Sammy too. I want to know how hard i should laugh. But in all seriousness, thats another 20-25 goals we somehow have to replace ontop of the 40 that we post from Hossa.

On the plus side, we can get him off the point of the power play and he wont cost us as many goals with his numerous give aways.

Guest mindfly

I'm guessing a 3-year deal at around 2-2.5Million per year.

Edited by mindfly

Oh Sammy....

Oh Logo Hunter...

Oh Shin-Guard Assasin...

As much as you gave me migranes and caused me to go WTF SAMMY WHAT ARE YOU DOING every game, I shall miss you. The goals you did score were glorious, and at least you took the shot. I very much enjoyed watching you play when you weren't giving me spazz attacks.

Thank you for all your hard work (and some of your not-so-hard work) and good luck in VAN. But not against the Wings. ;)

littlestsammy.jpg

Guest mindfly

He is merely a product of the wings system, he will fail in vancouver, count on it.

Edited by mindfly

People are happy about this now, but I think we'll really feel the absense of him next year. He was a 2nd/3rd line player for really cheap, who put up a decent amount of points for almost no money. He was also responsible defensively. Yah, he had faults, but depth with players like Sammy played a huge part for us in our recent success.

I may be alone here, but I'll miss him.

Guest mindfly

I want Ericsson on the point in the 2nd pp unit now.. unless they sign a really good right-shooter... now after the summer, ericsson will have a healthy wrist and will blast that 100mph cannon more often.