• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Chris Avram

Yzerman GM in Chicago soon?

Rate this topic

Guest Lidstromboli

i just read on a blackhawks forum that cheetos are made out of fermented semen and that purple dogs wearing funny hats make really good goalies

Yeah, Heaven forbid that we refuse to participate in the dumbing down of America and the World by worrying about such trivialities as grammar and spelling. I keep forgetting that there are no language rules in the text message culture of today's society.

Oh the tyranny of mis-capitalizing the word english. What a horrible world we'd be subjected to if people didn't capitalize correctly in insignificant situations.

It's in internet forum. Who cares about perfect grammar. No one is getting stupider because someone didn't capitalize english.

I'll try reading. Oops I did. Maybe you should try comprehending. The quote you said does not say Hossa is a locker room cancer. You think it does because

1) It had the word "cancer" in it demonstrating the reading yes comprehending no point.

2) From the ensuing discussion you proved my point you had an agenda, you're little tiff with the author. I wasn't taking his side over yours, my friend. Only stating accurately that the particular quote wasn't about Hossa but about the Blackhawks signing him and that action was the "cancer" not Hossa personally

Cancer is cancer. Snazzy called him a cancer, whether it be locker room cancer or whatever else there is relating to a team. Sorry, I guess I missed that day my semantics and insignificant differences class.

Edited by Z and D for the C

Huh. Someone's suggesting that our beloved Steve Yzerman might be going to our franchise's longest running rival (not a week after losing two free agents to them, and less than a year after losing Scotty to them), and we're spending time arguing about grammar?

Huh. Someone's suggesting that our beloved Steve Yzerman might be going to our franchise's longest running rival (not a week after losing two free agents to them, and less than a year after losing Scotty to them), and we're spending time arguing about grammar?

You should put that on the front page of the site, LGW's motto. Grammar Police, keeping LGW safe from improper grammar since 2002!

Cancer is cancer

Suuuurrre. If I say you have a ***** for a dog and call you a *****, those are the same thing because I used the same word. Got it. Deeeeeep, dude. Thanks for educating me. You're just interested in your little girlie catfight, so this is my last word on the subject.

IF your position had merit, THEN you would ridicule him for what he actually said holding to his actual statement and position. But no, you want to hold him to a position of your own choosing insisting it's the same thing because you used one of the words he did. You would not change what he said if truth was on your side because that's a free pass for him out of his statement to anyone with a critical mind.

Some people do more with an eighth grade education then others. Oh, and...

...word.

You're right man. But you've got to admit that the collective hockey media in Quebec has made some silly accusations and rumours over the last year. The whole negative situation in the Habs locker room was a product of tabloid style journalism and is certainly something the hockey media in Quebec should feel bad about.

This media you speak of in Montreal is called the journal de Montreal, they have a bunch of ass clowns that always make up crap. The problem with the JdeM is that it has a very high subscription rate in Quebec. They spread it and others spread what they read, which many times is a load of ****.

This media you speak of in Montreal is called the journal de Montreal, they have a bunch of ass clowns that always make up crap. The problem with the JdeM is that it has a very high subscription rate in Quebec. They spread it and others spread what they read, which many times is a load of ****.

Only people with low intelligence read the Journal de Montreal my friend. And I agree JdeMtl is bulls*** all the way but how about LaPresse? And about the RDS.ca news, not alot of the reporters have links with Journal De Montreal.

Suuuurrre. If I say you have a ***** for a dog and call you a *****, those are the same thing because I used the same word. Got it. Deeeeeep, dude. Thanks for educating me. You're just interested in your little girlie catfight, so this is my last word on the subject.

IF your position had merit, THEN you would ridicule him for what he actually said holding to his actual statement and position. But no, you want to hold him to a position of your own choosing insisting it's the same thing because you used one of the words he did. You would not change what he said if truth was on your side because that's a free pass for him out of his statement to anyone with a critical mind.

Some people do more with an eighth grade education then others. Oh, and...

...word.

The word ***** can be used as an insult, or an entirely non insulted word for a pregnant dog. Pretty much two completely different things. Please, someone, ANYONE, educate me and inform me two entirely different relevant (I don't think Snazzy was talking about Hossa's birthday) meanings of the word cancer. I know it makes you feel smart and above me, but your analogy and attempt at a witty insult sucks.

He specifically called Hossa a cancer. "What a cancer, glad [that cancer hossa] is gone". It's black and white. I'm not changing what he said. He didn't say 'I'm glad Hossa is no longer with us as there is a chance a situation could emerge that could impact the red wings future as an elite team due the the cap space he would take up". No, he called him a cancer. Coupled with Snazzy's obvious hatred of Hossa judging by his posts in other threads it's quite clear what Snazzy really thinks of him.

http://boards.chicagoblackhawks.com/index....showtopic=34149

(don't kill the messanger -- though it does seem that Chicago has a lot of drama going on this offseason)

i cant say where i work, but i can tell you that i know for a fact that there are problems in the front office. mcdonough has turned around this orginization and rocky has alot of faith in him... he has alot more pull than most other presidents, considering he is a baseball guy. tension started with the abrupt firing of savard four games into the season. many posters are questioning why the hawks would sign hossa when toews and kane are ufas next season. to my knowledge, kane will not be resigned next year. tallon is not a fan and thinks he is too small. but any chicago fan knows that he is a crowd favorite and has alot of allies with the marketing team (who catapulted the hockey renaissance in chicaogo) and with mcdonough. this is also causing tension.

do i think that tallon will be out as gm.... yes? do i think that yzerman will be his successor... NO! you have to remember who the assistant gm is and who his father is.

If you're going to correct someone, at least try to be right.

The OP was using "english" as a reference to the English language. Therefore, it needs to be capitalized.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/english

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/When_do_you_capi...he_word_english

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitalization (notice every reference to English is capitalized)

The link you provided didn't even address the subject at hand, it referred to the use of "the".

This isn't smart-assed either, just factual.

You are correct. My mistake. I was having a brain fart, thinking that English was not a proper noun for some reason.

In my defense to the link, I attached the wrong one. It was supposed to be the one on proper nouns, not that it would have helped anyways.

Edited by CdnWingsFanEh