• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
numberthirtynine

So.....Mats Sundin.

Rate this topic

Is there something you don't like about Sundin? I mean, him going to Vancouver did seem to generate something.

I think that Sundin is slightly overrated. He had a career blown out of proportion by the Toronto media.

I do think he has something left to offer, its just that he would need to take 2 million or less a season to play for a contender. I'm not sure if Mats would take a wage like that.

I cringe every time I see someone call a grown-ass man "Huddles."

Anyway, I used to be a big fan of Sundin's, but a little less after he pulled that Brett Favre s*** last year. I'm not sure his heart's in it any more.

Funny thing about Detroit is we get hearts right back into it. You come here, you have fun, play with great players, fellow countrymen, a perfect work environment and no pressure to be the superstar of the team. If he comes here and doesn't get that spark back, at least he'd know for sure then that it's over.

Funny thing about Detroit is we get hearts right back into it. You come here, you have fun, play with great players, fellow countrymen, a perfect work environment and no pressure to be the superstar of the team. If he comes here and doesn't get that spark back, at least he'd know for sure then that it's over.

Well, given that Hudler and Leino will probably command about $4.5 million in cap space for the pair, and we still need to squeeze Helm in there, Sundin would be signing for something south of a million. Probably more like $700,000. If he'll play for that, then I won't doubt his motivation to play. That makes this kind of a no-brainer - anyone who would turn down someone of Sundin's talent for that little money is retarded. But none of the games. He's actually got to want to be here and play all year.

entirely irrelevant. Kenny has basically said that he wont be picking up any FAs, and that next year a few griffins boys are getting the call up.

and for the record.... no, i wouldnt want sundin.

Is there something you don't like about Sundin? I mean, him going to Vancouver did seem to generate something.

I live in Vancouver so I gotta say one: all my friends who are surely the Canucks fans disliked Sundin. He gets 5.6 cap million but what he really looks to do was faceoff. Other than that, he was freaking overpaid. He is a future hall of famer but he is not fit to the Wings who make the forwards to play defense hardly.

If he were willing to sign for a low enough amount that we can get Huddles and Leino signed, would you want him as a one year rental?

If he signed for the league minimum you mean? Sure. That's a great deal.

I think that Sundin is slightly overrated. He had a career blown out of proportion by the Toronto media.

Yeah, those Toronto media guys actually give him secret extra special points each night to inflate his career numbers! No way he'd be the all-time leading Swedish scorer on his own.

Great idea, lets sign him so he can figure out what he wants to do with the rest of his life. He may just need to find himself. He may just need to struggle thru an 82 game season, go thru the motions of the first couple of playoff rounds and maybe while karen Newman is singing at the start of the WCF, it will come to him that with his lifetime of hockey already, and his 100million dollars in the bank, and his new bride, he'd actually rather be chartering Tiger Woods' yacht in the Caribean right at that moment. Time for something different, you know.

Detroit Red Wings therapy session?

WTF?

And most Canuck fans are not excited to see him back in 09.

Guest mindfly

If i remember correctly he said in the past that he didn't want to play for detroit.. and definetely not for extreme bargain salary like 1M$...

I would love him on wings but he doesnt want to nor does he want to play for "free"

Yeah, those Toronto media guys actually give him secret extra special points each night to inflate his career numbers! No way he'd be the all-time leading Swedish scorer on his own.

I don't think that's really the point.

Sundin's skills at this point in his career aren't worth the cap hit or the rocking of the boat at this point.

Besides he's said he doesn't want to play in Detroit in the past. Why bother.

Leading all time swedish scorer in a career that has spanned an eon!

what I was saying is his play in the last 7 or so seasons hasn't been all-star caliber. Toronto would have liked us to believe it was... but it wasn't.