• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mindfly

Claude "Turtle" Lemieux retires

Rate this topic

I am sorry, but could this be more opposite of the Sakic retiring.

Seriously watch the two threads, one will be hearts, flowers, and cards, while the other will be hacksaws, knives, and razorblades!

Guest micah

I'm glad he came back for his little retirement tour. He retires as one of the all time great pests, and one of the league's best playoff performers. I can't think offhand of anyone who turned it on in when it mattered most more than Claude. I will remember him as a dirty player, but not as a turtle. He occasionally manned up and took his lumps, unlike plenty of players in the league today. He proved his mettle when he fought Mac in their 2nd tilt. He didn't turtle out of cowardice the 1st time 'round, he turtled because he was blindsided by cCarty and didn't know he was in a fight until he was already on the ice. He proved to the world that McCarty was nowhere near as tough as his rep indicated by standing up to him in a fair fight the next time they met, and doing very well for himself, especially considering he wasn't ever known as a fighter, unlike Mac. Mac should have been able to feed a Claude Lemieux his lunch in a fair fight. He wasn't. Claude was tougher than people realise.

Enjoy your retirement, Mr Lemieux. I loathe you, but I'll remember you as you were, sometimes dirty, sometimes great, always interesting.

Guest micah
To be fair to the turtle he did come out of his shell eventually to get ass kicked again by Dmac.

That's hardly an ass-kicking. Considering McCarty was a noted fighter and Lemieux wasn't, I'd say Lemieux did pretty darned well for himself. Good on him for hanging in there with an enforcer, even if it was only McCarty. The 1st McCarty incident doesn't strike me as a turtling, Claude was blaindsided and did what people do when they get blindsided.

Claude would occasionally turtle, but I doubt he ever would purposly turtle against a 2nd rate tough guy lik eMcCarty. CL squared up with Chris Simon and DAVE M'FING BROWN without turtling - I'm fairly certain he didn't fear McCarty.

That's hardly an ass-kicking. Considering McCarty was a noted fighter and Lemieux wasn't, I'd say Lemieux did pretty darned well for himself. Good on him for hanging in there with an enforcer, even if it was only McCarty. The 1st McCarty incident doesn't strike me as a turtling, Claude was blaindsided and did what people do when they get blindsided.

Claude would occasionally turtle, but I doubt he ever would purposly turtle against a 2nd rate tough guy lik eMcCarty. CL squared up with Chris Simon and DAVE M'FING BROWN without turtling - I'm fairly certain he didn't fear McCarty.

I remember reading in Blood Feud how Claude got tips from someone so he could eventually stand up to McCarty, can't remember who it was though.

Slim shady.

It fits.

Stop the tape! This kid needs to be locked away! (Get him!)

Dr. Dre, don't just stand there, OPERATE!

I'm not ready to leave, it's too scary to die (f*** that!)

I'll have to be carried inside the cemetery and buried alive

(Huh yup!) Am I comin or goin? I can barely decide

I remember reading in Blood Feud how Claude got tips from someone so he could eventually stand up to McCarty, can't remember who it was though.

Francois Leroux. Also got help from his roomie Jeff Odgers.

Guest micah
Francois Leroux.

I totally forgot the name Francois Leroux. That dude was huge.

If you look at

frame by frame during the first second, you can see that LePew was looking at Mac as Mac hit him.

Seriously, he saw him coming. It was not a jump from behind as Avs fans at the time claimed.

Start the video, hit pause, then go back to the start and click-click slowly through the first second of the video. Pepe saw it coming, got smacked, and turtled.

Also a

of Clod hitting Koslov, the Hit on Draper, and the rematch between Mac and Clod.

This is what I remember of Claude Lemieux's career:

kris_draper.jpg

BIG BAD VLAD!!!!

Ooh the landing is exquisite!!

Lucky he didn't smash hit neck.

Quick detour and I don't intend to hijack, however:

See Bert, if you want to hurt some one that is how you try and do it, Claude could have been inured far worse than Moore on that landing, and if he were not a soul would blame Vlad, clean hit in every sense of phrase!

Guest micah
If you look at
frame by frame during the first second, you can see that LePew was looking at Mac as Mac hit him.

Seriously, he saw him coming. It was not a jump from behind as Avs fans at the time claimed.

Start the video, hit pause, then go back to the start and click-click slowly through the first second of the video. Pepe saw it coming, got smacked, and turtled.

It was a blindside cheapshot. If he knew he was in a fight, he wouldn't have had his arms at his sides, gloves on. He also would have made some attempt to, you know, not get punched in the face.

It was a blindside cheapshot. If he knew he was in a fight, he wouldn't have had his arms at his sides, gloves on. He also would have made some attempt to, you know, not get punched in the face.

Right. Larionov and Forsberg are fighting on the ice, and Mac was coming over to ask if Lemieux had any Grey Poupon.

Sorry, I haven't fought a real fist-throwing fight since 4th grade, and my hands come flying up if someone comes up to me like that. I usually end up looking stupid, but that's beside the point.

If Claude wasn't ready, it was his own fault. There had been fights and fightlettes already in that game, and everyone knew it was coming.