• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

xBrave_Heartx

Who do we target now?

Rate this topic

why don't we send an offer sheet to phil kessell?

You mean other than the fact it would probably take 5 million that he Wings don't have?

Again I say:

ME, they should sign a 32 year old who is now almost 3 years removed from surgery to repair a smashed Tibial Platuea, torn meniscus, and torn PCL, with chronic shoulder and back problems

I have a horrible shot, can't skate to worth a hill of beans and am probably the most uncoordinated white guy you have ever seen.

However the I have Red Hair and soon the Wings are going to need another Red head.

Edit:

Super bonus, I will play for league minimum!

Edited by Opie

You mean other than the fact it would probably take 5 million that he Wings don't have?

Again I say:

ME, they should sign a 32 year old who is now almost 3 years removed from surgery to repair a smashed Tibial Platuea, torn meniscus, and torn PCL, with chronic shoulder and back problems

I have a horrible shot, can't skate to worth a hill of beans and am probably the most uncoordinated white guy you have ever seen.

However the I have Red Hair and soon the Wings are going to need another Red head.

Edit:

Super bonus, I will play for league minimum!

Can you fight, though?

None of those other attributes interest me that much.

wings could easily make room for phil kessell..... 5 mil is not hard to free up. we are tradin a d man away anyways................................

Ok since it is so obvious to you and complete impossible to me, go ahead and tell me how they clear up another 3.5 at least?

Zetterberg Datsyuk Holmstrom

Franzen Filppula Sykora

Get it done, kenny!

If we're going to sign a former Pen, can't we go after Janne Pesonen instead? With Fedotenko resigning there is no way Pesonen will get consistent minutes in PIT and at this point is likely to become a UFA.

Ok since it is so obvious to you and complete impossible to me, go ahead and tell me how they clear up another 3.5 at least?

I would trade Filppula (and Holmstrom) in an instant for a chance at Kessell -- but the compensation for an RFA of his stature is just too much.

I still think Sykora is the worst of all the suggestions brought up so far.

That and the fact that you trade 2 players to sign one and this team is already short one forward.

So now you would be either in the same boat, or down two forward with Homer, and have less cap space than you started with.

Makes no sense to go after Kessel, none, all it does is put you further in cap trouble.

That and the fact that you trade 2 players to sign one and this team is already short one forward.

So now you would be either in the same boat, or down two forward with Homer, and have less cap space than you started with.

Makes no sense to go after Kessel, none, all it does is put you further in cap trouble.

Well, you really would not have to trade Holmstrom --

Flip's $3m + a defenseman (like Holland was planning on trading anyways) + $1.6m in cap space

That'll about it cover it... assuming he would get as high as $5m (which is stretching it).

Well, you really would not have to trade Holmstrom --

Flip's $3m + a defenseman (like Holland was planning on trading anyways) + $1.6m in cap space

That'll about it cover it... assuming he would get as high as $5m (which is stretching it).

You trade Flip who plays the forward spot vacated?

Or are you assuming Hudler is back, which at that point there is no way Flip alone covers Kessel, if not including Huds being back you are still short a forward?

Right or am I missing something here?

You trade Flip who plays the forward spot vacated?

Or are you assuming Hudler is back, which at that point there is no way Flip alone covers Kessel, if not including Huds being back you are still short a forward?

Right or am I missing something here?

I would simply refer to whatever plan Holland had in place if Hossa ended up signing :)

... obviously a pipe dream anyways - Boston will sign him.

Kobasew might be traded...

Edited by egroen

A lot of people have said we need a replacement akin to Dallas Drake, so I checked over last season's hitting projection of some of the UFA's available. I just rounded up to what they'd get over 82 games.

Drake had 116 during the season he played for us. Obviously he ramped it up in the playoffs, but I think most guys would.

Grier: 194

Nichol: 151

Guite: 141

Hinote: 138

Gratton: 126

Armstrong: 124

Goc: 124

Bell: 120 (for the 2006-07 season, last season he really played decent)

Yelle: 114

Pyatt: 102

I'd still like to see Bell get signed over most, hence why I skewed his stats for my own personal satisfaction :lol:

Nobody. Here's why:

Zetterberg Datsyuk Holmstrom/Cleary

Franzen Filppula Leino/Helm/Holmstrom

Malt Drap Abby/Oulahan

We're fine.

I'm not at all familiar with Oulahan, other than that he is a Griffin. Does anyone know about him?

Even with him, assuming we don't get Huds back, we still need a spare. Do we trust just Meech, or do we have him as a spare D and a spare-to-the-spare forward?

I could have sworn that I heard Ken Holland singing this song after failing to re-sign Hossa, Samuelson, Hudler, et al.....

In this farewell

There’s no blood

There’s no Alibi

‘Cause I’ve Drawn Regret

For the Truth

Of a Thousand Lies

So let Mercy Come

And Wash Away

What I’ve Done

I’ve Faced myself

To Cross out what I’ve Become

Erase Myself