• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
miller76

Pens sign Jay McKee

Rate this topic

GREAT SIGNING... McKee was just bought out of his 4mill/year contract so he's already cashed in, now he gets to play for the Stanley Cup champions without hurting their cap situation... win/win for both sides here

GREAT SIGNING... McKee was just bought out of his 4mill/year contract so he's already cashed in, now he gets to play for the Stanley Cup champions without hurting their cap situation... win/win for both sides here

Thats why I decided to start a thread on this. I am still trying to figure why the Blues did this. But the Pens totally scored on this deal.

Thats why I decided to start a thread on this. I am still trying to figure why the Blues did this. But the Pens totally scored on this deal.

McKee @ 4 mill is horrible... that's why Blues bought him out

McKee @ .8 mill is awesome... that's why Pens signed him

McKee @ 4 mill is horrible... that's why Blues bought him out

McKee @ .8 mill is awesome... that's why Pens signed him

I guess I didn't write my response the way I wanted it to come out. I was more thinking, that they lost him, not because of his play, but his salary. And it was the Blues fault in the first place for overpaying him.

Pens are going to be insanely good next season, like their second half and beyond but this time from the outset.

indeed. they will be tough to beat but they will have a target on their back all year as everyone wants to beat the champs. they won't have the same hunger as last year either and so it will be difficult to reach the SCF 3 straight years.

they have a great chance of doing it though :(

Guest mindfly

that's like a steal, the guy did block the most shots in the league not too many years ago... way to fill up for the losses of scuderi and gill.... nice job pens.

so what does holland do... nothing.... just great

Edited by mindfly

McKee is one of the best stay at home D-men in the league... he won't score a lot of points... hense why St. Louis released him and his $4 million cap number, but look at his plus minus throughout his career, it has been positive nearly every year, and a lot of years he hasnt even gotten to double digits in points... a very solid pickup for pittsburgh

that's like a steal, the guy did block the most shots in the league not too many years ago... way to fill up for the losses of scuderi and gill.... nice job pens.

We get it Mindfly. We're doomed. You can stop now <_<

he will do something, just not going to go spend crazy and the only quality guys left on the cheap are D... which we don't need...

would you calm down?! we just locked up two 1a players long term last year DURING the season, of course it's going to be a slow off season...

I guess I didn't write my response the way I wanted it to come out. I was more thinking, that they lost him, not because of his play, but his salary. And it was the Blues fault in the first place for overpaying him.

Blues had to overpay as they were coming off a last place league wide finish...doesn't take a genius to figure that out. WE bought him out because we have a logjam on defense with Erik Johnson, Alex Pietrangelo, Jackman, Brewer, Polak, Colaiacovo and possibly 2007 1st rnd pick Ian Cole as well.

You are either the greatest troll or the worst Wings fan ever.

I think the Pens are going to win 2 or 3 more cups in the next 5 to 6 years. They are young and have a great team. It doesn't hurt that they play in the weak east, although they do have to play against Prongz a few times a year. BTW, great signing.

You are either the greatest troll or the worst Wings fan ever.

I'll stick up for him

Certainly not a troll, while I don't think he is the worst fan, just a very pessimistic one. The cup is always half empty with this one. He does help bring balance and a different perspective.

Settle down. We've never been a team under this ownership to be the "ones without a prom date".

I think the Pens are going to win 2 or 3 more cups in the next 5 to 6 years. They are young and have a great team. It doesn't hurt that they play in the weak east, although they do have to play against Prongz a few times a year. BTW, great signing.

I don't see it, the east has gotten stronger. TO, Philly both will destroy the Pens physically so if they do make it to the big dance again they will be banged up. There really hasn't been an overly physical eastern team in a while.

Not that the Wings needed Jay Mckee but I cant understand how no one else would have offered him more money. I know that he probably wanted to sign in Pittsbrgh to have a chance at the cup but at 800k that is insane. There are a ton of other contenders would easily coudl have offered him 1.5M and a realyl good chance at the cup too. No matter how good PIttsburgh is everyone knows how tough it is to repeat. Just ask Marian Hossa