• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CenterIce

Blackhawks never gave Hossa a physical

Rate this topic

some here are too quick to pile it all on Tallon. The Hossa signing reeks of Bowman. Cap be damned, its good for them in the short-term. If Hossa has trouble scoring, you can bet they'll try him at D.

As the article states, even though they announced the signing on July 1, the contract wasn't official until July 10th. Plenty of time to give him a physical. Also, why would you go on the word of the agent about an injury. They could have found something that no one knew about.

You guys do realize that this is actually not an uncommon practice. The physical is scheduled of a convenient time and based on the results of the physical the contract can be voided depending on the wording of the contract in question.

It's not like they're retarded.

EDIT: PuckDaddy seems to think that the deal having been already approved by the NHL indicated that Hossa's contract wasn't subject to the physical approval, but I don't buy that for a second.

Edited by Drake_Marcus

You guys do realize that this is actually not an uncommon practice. The physical is scheduled of a convenient time and based on the results of the physical the contract can be voided depending on the wording of the contract in question.

EDIT: PuckDaddy seems to think that the deal having been already approved by the NHL indicated that Hossa's contract wasn't subject to the physical approval, but I don't buy that for a second.

Yeah, no offense, but over the last year or so, I've lost all respect for Puckdaddy. Sorry, but he's just another anti-Wing *******.

So much for Journalism, 2009. See ya guys.

Go Wings!!!!!!

I don't see the big deal. The article says they documented his shoulder in the "getaway interview" at the end of the year. So I'm sure all parties were aware and the contract was written up with this in mind.

:thumbup:

Way too many sour grapes to go around these parts lately...

I thought I heard he had surgery yesterday (Friday) and will be out for at least 4 months. So...late November?

So they get an injured Hossa for 4 months and a healthy Hossa for the better part of 12 years? Horrible deal.

Erm....right?

Glen Sather knew that Marian Gaborik was made of glass and gave him a five-year deal anyways. When signing an injured Hossa, who has a history of durability, for twelve presumably mostly-healthy years, four months of recovery following shoulder surgery isn't going to hurt that much.

some here are too quick to pile it all on Tallon. The Hossa signing reeks of Bowman. Cap be damned, its good for them in the short-term. If Hossa has trouble scoring, you can bet they'll try him at D.

Everything I've read was this was McDonough who wanted Hossa while Tallon wanted Havlat.

I don't see this as that big of a deal unless the shoulder problem lingers long term. Should be able to fix the rotator cuff though.

Mixed bag here. I certainly don't wish injury on anyone, and have nothing personal against Hossa now that he's gone (although the disappointment in his PO performance will linger for some time). However, now that he's a rival in our conference and even moreso in our division, can't say I will root for him to be too successful either....

Not a big concern, really. Chicago has bigger things to worry about. Like Hossa's disappearing magic tricks he likes to perform during the playoffs. And the fact that they lost their top playoff performer Havlat for a no-show Hossa. Or getting mail sent out on time... cap space, etc..

Hossa's shoulder is the least of Chicago's worries right now.