• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
soultrain

Theo Fleury wants back in to the bar...i mean nhl

Rate this topic

Good on him for getting in shape and getting his life back together. Most guys couldn't drop 40 pounds if they were in London but he was fat, fat, fat when he played in Dublin. Getting rid of the coke and the booze has probably already extended his life.

Here's a good clip of Fleury nearer his prime.

He may also be broke. Looks like he's also returning to the only think that was making him good money in his life.

http://www.fromtherink.com/2009/8/8/981803...te-truth-behind

Darren McCarty just read that story and nodded his head...

Fleury is quiate a different case than the Turtle.

this guy's career has been cut short by his problems. and I'd love to see him having

another shot. he's been a great player when he was OK with himself

without a doubt,he wont make much of an impact wherever he goes..it will be intersting to see what happens

He's essentially on a training camp invite. At worst nothing comes of it, at best he demonstrates a retention of ability and plays some token games for Calgary's 30th season. I don't see the big deal, nor do I see the logic in ragging on him for his off-ice problems, especially what with the Wings having picked up McCarty.

Fleury was and possibly is my favorite hockey player next to Yzerman, he used to be my screen saver. If he thinks he's capable then hell, I say, "Why not?" It's at least worth a shot. It would be nice to see him pretending to shoot booing fans with his stick.