• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WingMachine91

Devellano says Wings close to signing Bertuzzi

Rate this topic

Okay, I am calling BS on this one.

If this was true, and not a big misunderstanding, some other news source would have picked up on it.

And either they lied to ShananaMan or they were confused. Haven't seen anything new over at HF Boards either.

So yeah, thanks for getting my hopes up!!! :(

Hmm...I shall reserve judgement for now...

What!! You and I are some of the few that actually like this idea!

You gotta get pumped too!! :rolleyes:

If this rumor is true, yeah I'd be cool with it. If nothing official doesn't pop up in the next few days, then this thread is obviously a complete waste of time. Bogus contributors should be noted.

If this rumor is true, yeah I'd be cool with it. If nothing official doesn't pop up in the next few days, then this thread is obviously a complete waste of time. Bogus contributors should be noted.

I agree. But its hard to try to call out people now after the whole "I Saw Holland at a Tigers Game" fiasco.

I agree. But its hard to try to call out people now after the whole "I Saw Holland at a Tigers Game" fiasco.

Not to mention the Dimitri thread letting us know that Pavel had signed an extension before the playoffs!

I was one of the few that knew that he worked for Pavel, it was great cause NOBODY believed it!!

I am thinking this is real. :thumbup:

Not to mention the Dimitri thread letting us know that Pavel had signed an extension before the playoffs!

I was one of the few that knew that he worked for Pavel, it was great cause NOBODY believed it!!

I am thinking this is real. :thumbup:

Here's hoping. People are arguing that it was probably a repeat broadcast. If that truly was the case, why did Fan590's Twitter make two posts on Friday night telling Red Wing fans to call in their questions to Jimmy D live and that he was in the studio? Doesn't make sense.

Anyone see this? I saw it on my Blackberry app and it's online as well here:

From http://www.forecaster.ca/hockeynews/hockey/player-pn.cgi?943

"2009/08/15: Unrestricted free agent winger Todd Bertuzzi, who finished the 2006-07 campaign with the Detroit Red Wings, may be returning to the club for 2009-10. There are reports the 34-year-old Bertuzzi, who played with the Calgary Flames last year, will sign with Detroit soon."

Here's hoping. People are arguing that it was probably a repeat broadcast. If that truly was the case, why did Fan590's Twitter make two posts on Friday night telling Red Wing fans to call in their questions to Jimmy D live and that he was in the studio? Doesn't make sense.

Exactly ShanahanMan! I saw you make that point over at HF Boards.

1. So here we have the fact that they posted Twitter Updates to call in to talk to Jimmy D, which they WOULD NOT DO if it was a repeat broadcast, cause then they'd have tons of callers calling in that they'd have to deal w/. Plus, they posted it TWICE!!

2. You personally called them and they confirmed that YES, Jimmy D DID say that Bert will be signed within the week.

3. Gcom007 just posted this link... http://www.forecaster.ca/hockeynews/hockey/player-pn.cgi?943

The Hockey News is pretty reliable, no??

Edited by rage

Exactly ShanahanMan! I saw you make that point over at HF Boards.

1. So here we have the fact that they posted Twitter Updates to call in to talk to Jimmy D, which they WOULD NOT DO if it was a repeat broadcast, cause then they'd have tons of callers calling in that they'd have to deal w/. Plus, they posted it TWICE!!

2. You personally called them and they confirmed that YES, Jimmy D DID say that Bert will be signed within the week.

3. Gcom007 just posted this link... http://www.forecaster.ca/hockeynews/hockey/player-pn.cgi?943

The Hockey News is pretty reliable, no??

I'm really pulling for this one. It would be a total curveball, leftfield signing, but one I'd welcome.

I was listening towatching Channel 4 this morning and they had both Mark Howe and Glenn Merkosky on, and they both confirmed the Wings were very close to a deal to trade spare parts Brett Lebda and Kirk Maltby to Edmonton for one of RW Jordan Eberle or C Riley Nash, both of whom are considered high-end prospects.

? Is this sarcasm or are you being serious? That sounds a little...well...surprising?

EDIT: Bert is only 34? Man...he plays like he's a lot older....

His career has taken such a nosedive.

I'm mixed on this signing. I was one of the few who thought he did a pretty good job here, considering he was injured. I wanted him resigned back then because I felt with a summer to recuperate and being more familiar with the team he would be a solid player. But his last two years seems to indicate he's deteriorating fast.

But for cheap depth? Yes, I think it'd be a worthy risk.

Edited by VM1138

Yet another site picking up on this due to their "sources"

Link

Update: According to sources close to NovaFantasySports, free agent Todd Bertuzzi is expected to be signed by the Detroit Red Wings in the coming week. The Wings have been doing their homework on Bertuzzi, and he could fit in nicely with their already talented bunch.

Fantasy Impact: Bertuzzi's fantasy value increases landing in Detroit playing with a talented group of forwards. He should fit in nicely collecting some clean up goals in front of the net. He should go in the middle to late rounds of fantasy drafts.

Okay, I know I'm going waaaay too far with this, but I once again called the Fan590 cooperate office (yea, I'm a desperate fan) about the interview. I talked to a producer who said absolutely 100% the interview WAS live with Jimmy D on Friday.

He also said the only reason the recording isn't posted on the website is because, due to the fact it was late night, it must have "slipped through". He "assured" the interview will for sure be posted on the Fan590 site today. So, keep on the look out guys.

Okay, I know I'm going waaaay too far with this, but I once again called the Fan590 cooperate office (yea, I'm a desperate fan) about the interview. I talked to a producer who said absolutely 100% the interview WAS live with Jimmy D on Friday.

He also said the only reason the recording isn't posted on the website is because, due to the fact it was late night, it must have "slipped through". He "assured" the interview will for sure be posted on the Fan590 site today. So, keep on the look out guys.

My Man!!

A round of applause please!! :colorbounce:

I was listening towatching Channel 4 this morning and they had both Mark Howe and Glenn Merkosky on, and they both confirmed the Wings were very close to a deal to trade spare parts Brett Lebda and Kirk Maltby to Edmonton for one of RW Jordan Eberle or C Riley Nash, both of whom are considered high-end prospects.

Why would anyone in their right mind trade a high end prospect for a guy who is close to retirement and a 5/6th defenceman...? Makes zero sense.

Why would anyone in their right mind trade a high end prospect for a guy who is close to retirement and a 5/6th defenceman...? Makes zero sense.

No pun intended??