• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ShanahanMan

Some Disparaging Words from Hudler

Rate this topic

So am I correct in understanding that the Wings still have rights to Hudler?

Meaning that other teams can't get to him first when his KHL days are up?

That is my understanding of the situation.

I also believe that he is locked in at the arbitrated rate. So if he stays in the KHL for several years, and the cap goes up, we will have a steal on our hands. If the cap goes down, we have the option of declining to sign him, thus making him a UFA.

Mlive

Wow. Basically saying that he wasn't given the opportunity to prove himself as a leading part of the team. Also feels that he simply was a back burner player that helped maintain the team's high level status.

Poor little Huds......like Babs didn't give him more than enough opportunity to prove himself... <_<

Let him ***** n moan all he wants..he had enough opportunities

Let him ***** n moan all he wants..he had enough opportunities

Enough opportunities? A top-two line level scorer who never got to play on those lines had enough opportunities?

You really think so?

Hudler finished 8th in ice time among forwards but 5th in scoring. He finished 7th in even strength points and 8th in even strength ice time. He finished 3rd in both PP points and ice time.

Hudler was offensively prolific at even strength despite playing with linemates who weren't. He was far more prolific on the power play when he had linemates who were offensively capable. Babcock still didn't seem to recognize the idea that perhaps he should try Hudler on a higher line and then he would see much greater results on the scoresheet from Hudler.

Enough opportunities? A top-two line level scorer who never got to play on those lines had enough opportunities?

You really think so?

Hudler finished 8th in ice time among forwards but 5th in scoring. He finished 7th in even strength points and 8th in even strength ice time. He finished 3rd in both PP points and ice time.

Hudler was offensively prolific at even strength despite playing with linemates who weren't. He was far more prolific on the power play when he had linemates who were offensively capable. Babcock still didn't seem to recognize the idea that perhaps he should try Hudler on a higher line and then he would see much greater results on the scoresheet from Hudler.

yeah actually i do think so..u said it urself.."he finished 3rd in pp points and ICE TIME"..he had his chances..hes gone now..get over it.if u think hes the nxt gretzky then buy urself a Dynamo jersey and when he becomes the nxt gretzky that jersey will b worth billions..u act like we just let gordie howe go to the KHL.get over it..hes nothing more than a 3rd line center and thats all he ever will be

yeah actually i do think so..u said it urself.."he finished 3rd in pp points and ICE TIME"..he had his chances..hes gone now..get over it.if u think hes the nxt gretzky then buy urself a Dynamo jersey and when he becomes the nxt gretzky that jersey will b worth billions..u act like we just let gordie howe go to the KHL.get over it..hes nothing more than a 3rd line center and thats all he ever will be

hey bro. did u txt ur post on ur cell phn? speling & punctuaten iz like so lame.

If he was a top 6 player he would be in the top 6. He has the hands, but not the size (or anything else).

/discussion

Edited by Z and D for the C

You really think so?

Your posts are always dripping with logic. I F#&%ing love it.

If he was a top 6 player he would be in the top 6.

He was-- in every single offensive category, both on the Red Wings and in the National Hockey League as a whole.

He has the hands, but not the size (or anything else).

You're right there (execept for the anything else part-- he definitely had the drive and determination needed to play, it's tough as hell to be a midget in the NHL but he did it well).

If he had Franzen's body he'd be a superstar.

<_<

i wish i was as cool as u dude,i wish i could mess w all the new ppl on the site that r just looking for a good place to talk hockey..ur the s***,man :clap:

Drake IS the s***, man. He's like.....the s***, the whole s*** and nothing but the s***, man.

Look, we're funning with you. Lighten up, Francis.

<_<

i wish i was as cool as u dude,i wish i could mess w all the new ppl on the site that r just looking for a good place to talk hockey..ur the s***,man :clap:

I just want you to type your posts in a format people can read without getting a tumor. Treating other posters with respect is just a bonus.

Your posts are always dripping with logic. I F#&%ing love it.

Just dripping? Why not flowing? Thats the word that I would have used.

Drake IS the s***, man. He's like.....the s***, the whole s*** and nothing but the s***, man.

Get a room???

I'm sure Jiri saw the contracts that guys like Z and Franzen got and said "hey, where's my long-term, multi-million dollar contract offer Kenny?".

What he fails to grasp is that the Wings don't generally offer those kinds of deals to one-dimensional players who appear to lack heart, commitment and loyalty to the team. Hank and Mule are complete players, they can play defense and PK with the best in the league as well as chip in offensively. I don't remember seeing Jiri out for the PK too darned often during his time here in Detroit. Players like Cleary and Draper that lack Hudlers offensive talents made themselves more valuable to the team by becoming multi-faceted and showing heart and loyalty. Drapes and Cleary and others like Mule and Z are willing to sacrifice their body, forecheck, backcheck, and basically do whatever it takes to win. I never saw that level of commitment from Jiri; he could have paid more attention to the defensive side of the game, but maybe that would have been saddling himself with the "grand piano" which might have interfered with trying to pad his goal and assist totals. When the game was on line and the Wings really needed a goal, I never saw Jiri elevate his game or give that 110% effort the way you can SEE guys like Z and Helm do, especially in the playoffs. Darren Helm showed more heart and determination in the few games he's played with us than Jiri did in all the years he played here.

I think there's a place in the NHL for the Hudlers, the Nedveds, the floaters who just don't see the value in backchecking or team defense, but that place isn't on the first line in Detroit while Babcock is coaching. Maybe Jiri should have asked Babs or Yzerman what he needed to do in order to elevate his game to the status of "first line player" rather than file for arbitration or run off to the KHL.

I liked Hudler while he was here but I certainly wasn't brainwashed into thinking he was more important to the team than guys like Z, Mule or Cleary just because his "points per ice time" stat was good. It doesn't really help the team win if you score a goal but then lose your check or refuse to backcheck which leads to two goals by the other team. There is much more to a players value than just goals and assists divided by ice time; I never saw anything in Jiri that would make me want to offer him a super high, super long contract and obviously neither did Kenny Holland.

Good luck in the KHL Jiri and maybe all these delusional morons and their calculators will follow you over there and compute your goal and assist totals down to the last second over there as well.