• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NeverForgetMac25

Favre to Sign with Vikings

Rate this topic

Outside of a couple nice runs AP went nowhere; Vikings offense was all Favre.

Well, sort of. I would say the Vikings O-line is the unsung heroes. Seven seconds to sit in the pocket and make a pass? Zero sacks? It's cool that you loaded up to stop the run, Packers, but you're not beating anyone if you can't get to the quarterback.

I'm sure Aaron Rodgers was green with envy when comparing the protection he got. Eight sacks? EIGHT?! He hung in the pocket too long once or twice but there's just no excuse. Jared Allen went beast mode all over the Packer's line and they had no answer.

I don't know yet if they're the real deal or not, but the NFC North, and the playoff spot that comes along with winning it, is the Viking's (and Favre's!) to lose now.

Curious to see how the Vikes square up against the Giants. Too bad they play on the last week of the season this year which should have both teams not willing to show their cards at all. Vikes-Giants would be a helluva NFC championship tho.

Outside of a couple nice runs AP went nowhere; Vikings offense was all Favre.

Well, sort of. I would say the Vikings O-line is the unsung heroes. Seven seconds to sit in the pocket and make a pass? Zero sacks? It's cool that you loaded up to stop the run, Packers, but you're not beating anyone if you can't get to the quarterback.

The funny thing is that the Vikings offensive line is NOT that good in pass protection. Before last night, Favre had been sacked almost as many times as Rodgers and he had gotten hit a bunch of times on top of that. There were people legitimately concerned that the line was going to get him killed during the 49ers game. Mark Roman absolutely destroyed him on one play.

The Packers just have no pass rush whatsoever. They had one good rush end and they made him a LB and don't let him rush the passer anymore.

TT needs to be gone. 5 years into this and the Packers are in shambles on both lines. The offensive line completely blows and the defensive line can't rush the passer at all--though they did a helluva job against Peterson last night.

If you're going to build through the draft, you can't bust as many picks as Thompson has (Bustin Harrell, Brohm, Pat Lee, Brandon Jackson, AJ Hawk--yes he's a bust). Look at the Vikings. They've drafted pretty well but they've supplemented their team with some quality free agents. They needed an offensive lineman and they ponied up and got the best guard in the league. Needed a pass rusher? Paid a premium for one of the best ones in the league. Needed a QB? Courted one until he agreed to come. And it's paying huge dividends.

The Packers are sitting on 30 million in cap space with no pass rush, no offensive line, one NFL-caliber running back, very, very average LBs for the amount of money they're paying them, no depth at safety, and no heir apparent to their aging corners. And in the last three years, the only free agent of note that they've signed who is still on the roster is Brandon freaking Chillar. You're not going to build a winner being the youngest team in the league every season.

Thompson doesn't have a clue and McCarthy is worse. What the hell was that challenge on Rodgers's fumble in the first quarter? He was standing upright! They would've been better off challenging that it wasn't a fumble on the grounds that he scored a touchdown first, then ran back to midfield and got stripped. Same chance of winning it. Maybe we can hear some more about pad level.

Another 6-10 season would be a small price to pay to see those jokers out on their asses. This is getting embarrassing. 20 sacks in 4 games?!

During the game did anyone else hear Jaws say Sidney Crosby instead of Sidney Rice after he caught a pass?

Yea i was like whaaa... hahahaha!!

But anyways Go Brett Favre!!!! I always thought Elway was the best quarterback i ever saw play the game but now.. i dunno Favre is almost 40 years old and not a single QB in the league can do anything that close resembles what Favre is doing now!

Well I think it's pretty clear who's getting the last laugh. Holy crap.....

16 TDs, 3 picks, and with Minnesota and New Orleans looking like the class of the NFC, almost no chance he'll have to play an outdoor playoff game.

How much more of this nonsense do we have to go through before TT and MM are out on their butts and we can bring in someone who actually wants to build a winner, not just be the youngest team every year. A coach who won't tolerate dip-**** penalties like Jolly's would be nice too. But I'm sure "it'll be addressed". Just like pad level.

Certainly doesn't look like a guy who's gonna hang it up after this season either, as long as he continues to stay relatively healthy. You can tell he's having fun with Harvin and Rice (and of course AD and that line).

Amazing what happens when a GM actually tries to improve his team, huh? I bet Aaron Rodgers would be much happier and healthier if TT had, ya know, signed an offensive lineman instead of sitting on upwards of $20 million in cap space. Not that that's the only problem on that team by any stretch of the imagination.

Pretty clear it's time for a change in GB. 4-3, with wins against probably the three worst teams in the NFL. And they took it square in the face in two of the biggest regular season games in the history of the franchise.

You just can't lose that game. Not after everything that has gone on. You can't let your former QB come in and roll you for four touchdowns. Where's the pride?

Thompson doesn't have a clue how to build a team and McChucklebutt doesn't have a clue how to coach em up. It's time for a change, and it has almost NOTHING to do with Brett Favre. But the fact that they let him go for 500+, 7 TDs, and couldn't sack him says an awful lot about the team they've put together. It's a joke. Hopefully that debacle will be enough to turn up the heat a little.

I still could not believe the Packer fans booed Favre.. Yesi knew it was coming but to see it ACTUALLY happen wow. The man did so much for that team it's ridiculous! What's the reason to boo him anyway? I mean he had the best year of his career in his last season with Green Bay and what do they do? Try and force him to retire and if he does not do that he has to compete with and possibly be benched for Aaron Rodgers!!?? If i was a packer fan i would still be upset to this day with what they did to Favre! Then they traded him off to the Jets when he wanted to go to minnesota in the first place!

Yes i will admit him not being able to make up his mind in the off season was bad for his character but yeesh the man loves football and let him play cause when he's gone that's it. He is the last of the legends of the NFL. The future looks bleak to me yea Brady and Manning are good but there not Favre, Montanna, Marino, Elway material. These Legends of the 80's and 90's made the NFL great and are in a league of there own.

Those two games against the Vikings and the debacle today have to be enough to broom Thompson and McCarthy right? There are too many good coaches out there this offseason to let those knuckleheads hang around any longer.

Favre won the battles, and this team isn't showing that they have the potential to win the war. This team is going absolutely nowhere and Aaron Rodgers got outplayed by a rookie making his first career start (and the rookie showed a helluva lot more field awareness in the process).

The whole front office/coaching staff needs to go. This is terrible.