• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
xBrave_Heartx

Tryout - Mark Bell to Flyers

Rate this topic

:thumbup: My thoughts exactly. I'd love to see a Wings-Pens rematch in the finals, but my second choice would be Flyers-Ducks.

Wings-Pens would be fun, especially if the Pens had faced Toronto in round one, Boston in round two and Philadelphia in the CF : )

Guest micah
:thumbup: My thoughts exactly. I'd love to see a Wings-Pens rematch in the finals, but my second choice would be Flyers-Ducks.

This.

If the NHL is going to gain market share in the US, this it what it needs. Big, btrave, tough guys who are willing to punch and be punched in high def., all while playing a fast-paced skill game, free of clutching and grabbing. It's a great time to be a hockey fan. The game was always great, but it's getting better.

Broadstreet Bullies v2.0

f***in' love it.

except that back then the BSB could get away with things that wont be tolerated in todays game (with the exception being pronger). it might be a good strategy during the regular season but the playoffs require a certain level of discipline, which the flyers know not, add to that the fact that stevens cannot tame them. remember game 6 of the flyers-pens first round last year? huge philly lead effectively disintegrated by a fight picked at a poor time, followed by a string of bad penalties.

This.

If the NHL is going to gain market share in the US, this it what it needs. Big, btrave, tough guys who are willing to punch and be punched in high def., all while playing a fast-paced skill game, free of clutching and grabbing. It's a great time to be a hockey fan. The game was always great, but it's getting better

LOL surely you havent seen a flyers game

except that back then the BSB could get away with things that wont be tolerated in todays game (with the exception being pronger). it might be a good strategy during the regular season but the playoffs require a certain level of discipline, which the flyers know not, add to that the fact that stevens cannot tame them. remember game 6 of the flyers-pens first round last year? huge philly lead effectively disintegrated by a fight picked at a poor time, followed by a string of bad penalties.

LOL surely you havent seen a flyers game

Yes, the same level of discipline that allowed Pavs, Hank, and Rafalski to get fighting majors in the playoffs where they didn't drop their gloves and were simply hanging on for dear life while the opposition instigated a fight and swung away on them with no repercussion. Bad example.

Edited by ManLuv4Clears

If he makes it wow, RIchards is gonna make an unbeatable shorty record

Haha exactly what I was going to post. Mike Richards is going to have more shorthanded goals then even strength goals next season.

This.

If the NHL is going to gain market share in the US, this it what it needs. Big, btrave, tough guys who are willing to punch and be punched in high def., all while playing a fast-paced skill game, free of clutching and grabbing. It's a great time to be a hockey fan. The game was always great, but it's getting better.

Well they took a step backwards with the instigator if only whey would change it so that you are free of taking one during a delayed penalty. And take out the useless fights after clean hits.

Guest micah
And take out the useless fights after clean hits.

I tend to ignore the oppinions of those who think that the way NHL hockey has been played since its' inception nned sto be changed. Fights after clean hits are not new - they're a part of what has made the league great for almost 100 years. You lay a clean but heavy hit on Toe Blake, Gordie Howe or Wayne Gretzky, you should expect pain. It's part of the game.

I tend to ignore the oppinions of those who think that the way NHL hockey has been played since its' inception nned sto be changed. Fights after clean hits are not new - they're a part of what has made the league great for almost 100 years. You lay a clean but heavy hit on Toe Blake, Gordie Howe or Wayne Gretzky, you should expect pain. It's part of the game.

Amen :thumbup:

Exactly. It's not about "clean" or "illegal" hits. It's about letting your teammates be intimidated.