• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown_Ryan

Hudler

Rate this topic

Where were these goals in the SCF when they actually mattered?

Ask Hossa. :rolleyes: He got paid 7 times more than Hudler did to score. Hudler scored in the top 6 for a million bucks and did so while playing on the fourth line-- well above what he was being paid to do. Hossa did jack s*** in the finals even though he was given 18 minutes a game and always played on the top two lines, all in addition to being paid to be "that guy".

Keep bagging on the supplemental players, though, if you really like making pointless accusations. :thumbup:

Ask Hossa. :rolleyes: He got paid 7 times more than Hudler did to score. Hudler scored in the top 6 for a million bucks and did so while playing on the fourth line-- well above what he was being paid to do. Hossa did jack s*** in the finals even though he was given 18 minutes a game and always played on the top two lines, all in addition to being paid to be "that guy".

Keep bagging on the supplemental players, though, if you really like making pointless accusations. :thumbup:

Oh, I'm sorry I forgot that Hossa is my boy. I've never made posts about his disappearance in the clutch. :rolleyes:

People here always worship this little runt, so don't complain when anyone dogs on this so called "supplemental player" for not playing too well. It goes both ways.

I thought that Hudler is the kind of guy that scores lots of points with limited icetime, as people painstakingly point out constantly. Where was all that scoring late in the playoffs from him?

Don't change the topic with Hossa's name.

Amen, Brother.

Oh, I'm sorry I forgot that Hossa is my boy. I've never made posts about his disappearance in the clutch. :rolleyes:

People here always worship this little runt, so don't complain when anyone dogs on this so called "supplemental player" for not playing too well. It goes both ways.

I thought that Hudler is the kind of guy that scores lots of points with limited icetime, as people painstakingly point out constantly. Where was all that scoring late in the playoffs from him?

Don't change the topic with Hossa's name.

Hossa has everything to do with the discussion. He's the one who failed to live up to expectations. Hudler scored like he was paid and given the opportunity to do. You can't dog on him for not playing up to the unrealistic expectations you've chosen to select from a pool of public opinions. Here, watch this:

Some people on here really like Maltby and Draper. I'll choose to take the opinion of the few that love them at this point in their career and now I'll say "where were Maltby and Draper when the Pens were scoring on the PP and why didn't either of them score in the finals!?!". Now sure, that's being dickish and stupid because they weren't the people who vastly failed to live up to expectations. Of course neither did Hudler. Whether you chose to assume the opinion on Hudler's impressive talent and upside represents what he should've done in the finals with 11 mins of ice time is besides the point.

And for the record-- yeah, Hudler's short, we get it. He also had one of the best sets of hands on the entire team. Put him in a 6'3 body and he'd be a super star. What's the ******* point? So he isn't tall, he still scored among the top 30 centres in the league in his fourth year. What's the point on ragging on him for being short? At least he wasn't a useless f*** like Kopecky who was gifted with the perfect hockey frame but did s*** all with it (except get hurt).

Hossa has everything to do with the discussion. He's the one who failed to live up to expectations. Hudler scored like he was paid and given the opportunity to do. You can't dog on him for not playing up to the unrealistic expectations you've chosen to select from a pool of public opinions. Here, watch this:

Some people on here really like Maltby and Draper. I'll choose to take the opinion of the few that love them at this point in their career and now I'll say "where were Maltby and Draper when the Pens were scoring on the PP and why didn't either of them score in the finals!?!". Now sure, that's being dickish and stupid because they weren't the people who vastly failed to live up to expectations. Of course neither did Hudler. Whether you chose to assume the opinion on Hudler's impressive talent and upside represents what he should've done in the finals with 11 mins of ice time is besides the point.

And for the record-- yeah, Hudler's short, we get it. He also had one of the best sets of hands on the entire team. Put him in a 6'3 body and he'd be a super star. What's the ******* point? So he isn't tall, he still scored among the top 30 centres in the league in his fourth year. What's the point on ragging on him for being short? At least he wasn't a useless f*** like Kopecky who was gifted with the perfect hockey frame but did s*** all with it (except get hurt).

Hudler was one of our leading scorers in the regular season. If you look at the last 2 rounds of the playoffs, he definitely failed to live up to expectations that he set earlier.

Draper and Maltby didn't do anything different in the playoffs that they did in the regular season. Bad analogy there.

So yeah, I think it's fair to criticize him and anyone else who underachieved. He gets lots of praise here, not just a few posters doing it like you suggested, but many posters. I don't see the problem with pointing a finger at him.

You want to criticize Hossa? Go ahead and start a new thread. I'll be more than willing to join into that one too.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Ask Stuart, Franzen, Abdelkader, Filppula, Ericsson, Zetterberg, Helm, Cleary, Rafalski and Draper. Abdelkader scored more goals than Hudler in the finals after playing...oh... 14 NHL games?

It's cute when the argument easily goes the other way.

Edited by Z and D for the C

Hudler was one of our leading scorers in the regular season. If you look at the last 2 rounds of the playoffs, he definitely failed to live up to expectations that he set earlier.

Draper and Maltby didn't do anything different in the playoffs that they did in the regular season. Bad analogy there.

So yeah, I think it's fair to criticize him and anyone else who underachieved. He gets lots of praise here, not just a few posters doing it like you suggested, but many posters. I don't see the problem with pointing a finger at him.

You want to criticize Hossa? Go ahead and start a new thread. I'll be more than willing to join into that one too.

Huds still scored in the top six like he did in the regular season. Yeah his rank dropped a bit, but I can't blame a supplemental player for the team's failures.

Ask Stuart, Franzen, Abdelkader, Filppula, Ericsson, Zetterberg, Helm, Cleary, Rafalski and Draper. Abdelkader scored more goals than Hudler in the finals after playing...oh... 14 NHL games?

It's cute when the argument easily goes the other way.

:lol: Nice sample size. Who scored more over the course of the playoffs? And none of the players you mentioned have any bearing on this discussion given they all lived up to expectations in the playoffs. Oh, and Ericsson was a standout in the playoffs, so wtf? He scored the only goal in game 7. :rolleyes:

I love irrelevant statements too.

Stringing these two posts you made together really speaks volumes.

Huds still scored in the top six like he did in the regular season. Yeah his rank dropped a bit, but I can't blame a supplemental player for the team's failures.

I wasn't blaming the entire team's failures on him.

I just said that it's more than fair to put some blame on him, especially since our supplemental scorers tend to be better than other teams' secondary scorers. You're giving him a free pass, and I don't think he earned it. Lidstrom, Hank, Ozzie and a few others earned it, but not him.

I just said that it's more than fair to put some blame on him, especially since our supplemental scorers tend to be better than other teams' secondary scorers. You're giving him a free pass, and I don't think he earned it. Lidstrom, Hank, Ozzie and a few others earned it, but not him.

I'll agree he doesn't deserve the free pass like the guys you listed did. He really could've helped more against the Pens, but he seems to be the kind of guy who shoots his wad early in the playoffs like Franzen does. :unsure:

I agree with you. But with money comes expectations, and I suppose thats where his Hossa comment came from. Hudler could've done better. Hossa could've done better. Mute point. Except Hossa DID recieve more compensation, and considering he had never won a cup and had a chance to do so AGAIN... It didn't look to me like he really even cared. Maybe he was just out of gas, I dunno. The Pens outplayed us and had a few lucky events... But, equally, the guy got paid over 7 mil.

IMO, the whole team failed. If one fails, the rest do. No team carries players to the SFC.

I wasn't happy with Hudler's decisions to leave and I didn't think he was a terrible player. Small, and had his issues but... I was satisfied with his play given his salary. Eqaually, I wasn't happy with Hossa's performance in the playoffs or his decision to leave.

All in all, I would've liked both of them back.

You hear voices inside your head too? :yowza:

Probably because of LGW. The Miley Cyrus advertisement told me that Jiri Hudler will be a first ballot hall of famer. The dusty floppy disk also told me that one dimensional enforcers will always be a part of the game.

Although, maybe I'm not psychotic. My brain selected Miley Cyrus, a temporary, latest fashion poppy sensation and floppy disks, which are getting thrown out like no other. Those analogies are way too rational.

I don't see how your logic works. What does expectations have to do with how good a player is? If Maltby ended up scoring 6 goals in the playoffs is he a better player than Zetterberg just because he vastly outdid what was expected of him (by me anyway) and Zetterberg only met expectations?

The fact is 10 players scored goals in the final series, including players who I would have never said would score more goals than Hudler. I'm wondering what happened to Hudler's scoring massive prowess.

I don't see how your logic works. What does expectations have to do with how good a player is? If Maltby ended up scoring 6 goals in the playoffs is he a better player than Zetterberg just because he vastly outdid what was expected of him (by me anyway) and Zetterberg only met expectations?

No. That has nothing to do with anything I posted, so I can see why you didn't agree with me.

The fact is 10 players scored goals in the final series, including players who I would have never said would score more goals than Hudler. I'm wondering what happened to Hudler's scoring massive prowess.

What happened to Datsyuk's scoring prowess? Franzens? Those 7 games were hard on lots of players.

well that was full contact hockey with full sized men, this game was played.... "over there"

There's not enough laffy smilies in the entire world wide web...

Thats the funniest one liner i've ever read on LGW!