• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rick Zombos Ghost

Karlstad exhibition game...

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

Yeah it's on "Viasat Hockey" a channel that hardly anyone has... viasat sucks :(

Starts at 6:45PM on wednesday local time so that will be 12:45PM in Detroit

Edited by mindfly

According to the RW official site the first game will be aired on TSN in Canada and Versus in the US. Game 2 will be the first game on Hockey Night in Canada and in the US will be aired on FS-D. :)

Nice try, but we wanted the exhibition game against BK Farjestads. Not the games against the Blues. :)

I just got an e-mail from the NHL but can't copy an address. I have copied the text. I believe that the pre-season game is being shown on NHL.com

WATCH TODAY'S GAME LIVE ON NHL.COM - GAMES WILL STREAM FREE

NHL.com to stream VIctoria Cup &

NHL Exhibition games from Europe

TODAY, Monday, Sep 28

CHICAGO vs. HC Davos

2:15 PM ET, LIVE on NHL.com

8 p.m. ET on NHL Network

Tuesday, Sep 29

CHICAGO vs. ZSC Lions Zurich

Victoria Cup 2009

2:15 PM ET, LIVE on NHL.com

8 p.m. ET on NHL Network

Wednesday, Sep 30, 2009

DETROIT vs. Farjestads BK Karlstad

Compuware / NHL Premiereâ„¢ Challenge

1:00 PM ET, LIVE on NHL.com

Here's more info:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20...eam_of_red.html

Here's some information from the NHL regarding live Internet coverage of the Red Wings' exhibition game Wednesday at 1 p.m. against Farjestads. Friday's season opener vs. St. Louis is on Versus and Saturday's game is on Fox Sports Net. Both games are at 3 p.m.

Here's the release from the NHL:

NEW YORK (September 28, 2009) – NHL.com this week will stream live three games involving NHL teams facing off against European competition.

The Chicago Blackhawks’ games in Zurich, Switzerland, on both Monday, September 28, against HC Davos (2:15 p.m., ET) and Tuesday, September 29, against ZSC Zurich as part of Victoria Cup 2009 (2:15 p.m., ET) will be streamed live on NHL.com. Each game can also be seen in its entirety same-day on tape-delay on the NHL Network at 8 p.m., ET, both Monday and Tuesday night.

NHL.com will present a live stream of the Detroit Red Wings as they begin their visit to Sweden with an exhibition game on Wednesday, September 30 (1 p.m., ET) in Karlstad, Sweden, as part of the Compuware / NHL Premiere™ Challenge. Detroit will face the European club Färjestad BK.

Fans accessing the Internet in Switzerland, Finland and Austria will not be able stream the games featuring the Blackhawks and fans accessing the Internet in Sweden will not be able to stream the game featuring the Red Wings due to restrictions.

Chicago opens the regular-season with a home-and-home set against the Florida Panthers in Helsinki, Finland, as part of Compuware / NHL Premiereâ„¢ 2009 on Friday, October 2 and Saturday, October 3. Detroit will open its 2009-10 NHL regular-season against the St. Louis Blues in Stockholm, Sweden, on Friday, October 2 and Saturday, October 3.

Are they playing on an international sized rink?

Looks to be.

Wow, NHL.com did something right for once! I wonder if the feeds will be in english? ;)

Yes and no. There is no commentary so all you hear is fans chanting\singing in another language and players on the ice yelling.

Well, HC Davos is no match for the Blackhawks who are running up the score. Darn, I got my hopes up.

On the other hand, the Florida Panthers lost this morning to Tappara (SM-liiga) 3-2 :blush:

Thats got to be embarrassing.

Well, HC Davos is no match for the Blackhawks who are running up the score. Darn, I got my hopes up.

On the other hand, the Florida Panthers lost this morning to Tappara (SM-liiga) 3-2 :blush:

Thats got to be embarrassing.

9-2 Hawks, it looks like. Brutal.

Edited by Casey

The score's like 9-1 or something and some Hawk player tries to take a run at one of the Swedish players. WTF? He ultimately misses on the hit but is slashed by the Swedish player (and rightfully so I think) on the way back down the ice, only to have Madden chase him to the bench and get all up in his face and s***. Nice "Exhibition" game there Hawks. :thumbdown:

esteef

The score's like 9-1 or something and some Hawk player tries to take a run at one of the Swedish players. WTF? He ultimately misses on the hit but is slashed by the Swedish player (and rightfully so I think) on the way back down the ice, only to have Madden chase him to the bench and get all up in his face and s***. Nice "Exhibition" game there Hawks. :thumbdown:

esteef

Here's a video for those who confound switzerland and sweden

;)

;)

Thats funny as heck. As an international economics and trade major, political science minor, i totally see where you're coming from.

However, the bottom line is that the differentiations within Europe have absolutely no bearing on the average American's day to day life. Wether you are Swiss or Swede is irrelevant. Sorry, but its true. And furthermore, I personally believe that most U.S. Americans don't have maps...

Edited by T.Low

;)

Cute, so no comment on the actual post content? A Hawk player taking a run at a guy in a 9-1 blowout late in the 3rd in what is essentially a "friendly" match?

Hawks = dicks.

esteef