• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The Mule

[GDT] 9/30 - Red Wings, 6 @ Farjestad BK, 2

Rate this topic

That was actually kind of surreal to watch. Like it's just now that it has really sunken in that MY Detroit Red Wings are visiting Sweden..

Man, Friday is going to be AWESOME.

Btw, it was an attendence record for the arena today. Pretty cool.

Edited by dat's sick

Oh come on, we don't care about that. We want to see battles, bruises and blood.

From the players yes, I agree. However fans shouldn't fight, they should support their team in the best way possible. And if you think this exhibition-game was a fair showing of how games are played in SEL, you have to re-think that ;)

The belittling tone is unnecessary. We get it, you're better than us.

I'm only using the tone because of the respect, or rather lack thereof, that some of you here show us. "Cute fans" etc. Didn't mean any disrespect to people that show respect to us.

NHL should start with a "standing area" on the short sides so people can stand up and sing and stuff :D

It looked like all the fans were pretty much standing throughout the game. I'm assuming I'm right and that's what they always do?

I'm only using the tone because of the respect, or rather lack thereof, that some of you here show us. "Cute fans" etc. Didn't mean any disrespect to people that show respect to us.

That guy doesn't represent the board, trust me on that one.

Nothing but respect for European fans coming from this corner. I have no idea how they pull it off...good team, bad team, hockey, soccer, whatever, they're always armed with insane levels on enthusiasm and coordination. Pure awesome.

Anyway, solid win to get things revved up for Friday. Howard was great, which is obviously nice to see. Third line, especially Leino, was great. Bert still has hands. All in all, great way to spend an afternoon at work!

Oh well those "cute" comments were just from that moron who even cries about Wings fans. Nobody is the exception. I think most of us really like what we saw from the exhibition.

That was actually kind of surreal to watch. Like it's just now that it has really sunken in that MY Detroit Red Wings are visiting Sweden..

You got tickets or something?

Guest mindfly
It looked like all the fans were pretty much standing throughout the game. I'm assuming I'm right and that's what they always do?

Yeah every arena in sweden has a standing section where the "hardcore" supporters usually stand, they got drums, and leaders who decide what and when to sing etc... it's kind of different compared to U.S... Cultural differences I guess...

Yeah every arena in sweden has a standing section where the "hardcore" supporters usually stand, they got drums, and leaders who decide what and when to sing etc... it's kind of different compared to U.S... Cultural differences I guess...

The fans in Sweden kinda seem more like soccer fans to me.

Why would anyone want to get hurt in an exhibition-game for the fans? It's called an gentleman agreement. Oh, where would the Red Wings be today without the Swedes? Show a little respect, please.

God, I really thought the Red Wings fan had some class but I guess not :/ Very disappointed!

If you're new here, PLEASE do not judge us all by ESAD's...uh..standards. Thank you!

Will you get to go to the game? I certainly hope so!

Guest mindfly

I think every swede on this board is going to the game on friday/saturday... it's a opportunity you can't miss..

Cool. Very cool. This is neat to know about, so thanks. And let's hear it for cultural differences. We've had a chance to travel quite a bit, and had the opportunity to watch other country's sporting events. I learned something - almost all positive - from watching all of 'em - live, or not.

Somebody from Sweden would know this, but my guess for Farjestads BK, means Farjestads Bortifrån Karlstad. Or translated Farjestads way of Karlstad.

It's actually "Färjestads BollKlubb" which means "Färjestad ball club". What your wrote means "Färjestads away from Karlstad" :)