Sign in to follow this  
hak

Post Game Thread 10/8/09

Rate this topic

Lots of action tonight guys!

Richards ran Flerury

Hartnell apparently BIT Letang's hand in a scrum

Lundqvist let in a goal from center ice by Backstrom

Perry scores a goal with his helmet (breakaway - puck bounces of thomas on to perrys helmet and in net)

Terrible own goal by Coburn to give the flyers a 4-2 lead

kovalchuck scores #300 in Atlanta win

Devils tie the game vs tampa with 0.2 seconds left in regulation to later win the game in shootout

ANA 6 BOS 1

COL 2 NSH 3

NYR 4 WSH 3

NJD 3 TBL 2

CHI 2 DET 3

PHI 4 PIT 5

PHO 1 BUF2

NYI 2 OTT 3

ATL 4 STL 2

Discuss!

Edited by hak

It's 10/8 dammit!

esteef

Not where I live. It feels weird!

This is REALLY off topic but.. why do you type dates that way? O.o It feels most logical to type either 1 YEAR 2 MONTH 3 DAY or 1 DAY 2 MONTH 3 YEAR. Kinda like 1 second 2 minute 3 hour

not

MONTH DAY YEAR.. what's the logic behind that? Just asking! I'm used to different.

Edited by hak

That end of game scrum between Philly and Pitt was kind of fun to watch. I saw Crosby go up to Pronger and sort of hug his arm trying to get him away from one of the Pitt players.

I've never rooted for Pronger once in my life, but found myself screaming at him to turn and punch Crosby in the face.

It was a weird, out of body experience. O_o

Also, BJs are at Sharks and there were just two fights.

Edited by EuroTwin

It's 10/8 dammit!

esteef

Only in America. The rest of planet Earth lists the date correctly. ;)

As far as the non-Wing games go, the most interesting thing for me was in the Edmonton Calgary game I'm watching-- Iginla bumps Souray who's going back to touch the puck and is facing the boards. Souray slides into the boards awkwardly and gets a concussion. Both went down and appeared hurt at first, although Iginla was fine. Iginla gets a penalty then later ends up fighting Moreau over the incident. They say the concussion is mild, so hopefully he'll be back soon. Still, this kind of play on a guy facing the boards is what the NHL's been calling out pretty loudly. The odd part is that Iginla seemed to do it very innocently, so I was a bit surprised by the penalty.

Jesus that sounds filthy.

We'll see after 82 games. Gaborik is made of glass.

lol!

Yep we'll see.. I hope he can stay healthy tho - the rangers are a much funnier team with him on the ice. For the first time in a couple of years Lundqvist doesent have to bail them out every game..

Talk about sounding filthy, sounds like it would hurt even more.... The entire glass hole thing...

haha I hadn't thought of that. But yeah, broken glass sodomy does sounds unsavory.

lol!

Yep we'll see.. I hope he can stay healthy tho - the rangers are a much funnier team with him on the ice. For the first time in a couple of years Lundqvist doesent have to bail them out every game..

I know right? At this point it looks like they made a non-retarded free agent signing.

Thornton with 4 assists after 2 periods vs the BJ's

Heatley 2 goals..

Oh yeah, the Sharks will be a great regular season team this year. Maybe they'll make the second round this time!

When Pronger went into that scrum, I was hoping he'd rip Chris Kunitz in half. He must have a soft spot for his old teamate, I hope that was just a mistake game. Philly better rip the Pens new buttholes every single game they play this year.

Not where I live. It feels weird!

This is REALLY off topic but.. why do you type dates that way? O.o It feels most logical to type either 1 YEAR 2 MONTH 3 DAY or 1 DAY 2 MONTH 3 YEAR. Kinda like 1 second 2 minute 3 hour

not

MONTH DAY YEAR.. what's the logic behind that? Just asking! I'm used to different.

Its simple. The logic behind it is the same logic that is applied in the US units of measurement.

On topic, the ducks put a whoopin on the bruins 6-1.The ducks 1st line seems to be as lethal as last year. But no fights in the game? What the eff.

Its simple. The logic behind it is the same logic that is applied in the US units of measurement.

On topic, the ducks put a whoopin on the bruins 6-1.The ducks 1st line seems to be as lethal as last year. But no fights in the game? What the eff.

I c. Not that i'm famililar with that but :unsure: it's nice to hear that it is some logic behind it :)

heatley with the hat trick.. this game is getting out of hand.. 6-3 sharks with 13 minutes left

Here's a video of the Corey Perry head-goal. It's pretty ******* crazy.

You see Anaheim's coach, Carlyle (aka, perma-Grump), laughing with Selanne because Temmu had turned and said, "hey, why is Perry killing penalties?" Then Perry heads it in, and Carlyle laughs and says "that's why."

Note Wideman's response, just like, "oh what the hell, even that goes in?" with the hands up and everything.

Edited by kidish

When Pronger went into that scrum, I was hoping he'd rip Chris Kunitz in half. He must have a soft spot for his old teamate, I hope that was just a mistake game. Philly better rip the Pens new buttholes every single game they play this year.

That game was so irritating - Briere got blown for a very, very, weak 'hooking' call only a few seconds in, and the Pens scored (and please, no one turn what I write into some stupid NHL is on Pittsburgh's side conspiracy theory...). Shame Betts is injured for them, he's been very good so far. I thought that Asham played pretty well in JvR's stead, but it must be a bummer having Rile E. Coyote as your 14th forward, I swear he only had about 2 shifts (to Godard's 1).

I wouldn't say Richards ran Fleury, he was charging the net and fell over, and went crashing through Fleury and looked like he hurt his arm in the process. Can't say for sure about Hartnell and Letang. And yeah, I was rooting for Pronger - intially I thought it was a bit dumb, because he might cost the Flyers an offensive zone faceoff, but when the penalties were called it didn't make a difference.

Anyways, I was hoping some stuff would break out at the end - when you have Rupp, Asham, Laperriere and OKT out there, you should be able to count on something happening...

And yeah, I was rooting for Pronger - intially I thought it was a bit dumb, because he might cost the Flyers an offensive zone faceoff, but when the penalties were called it didn't make a difference.

Anyways, I was hoping some stuff would break out at the end - when you have Rupp, Asham, Laperriere and OKT out there, you should be able to count on something happening...

I hoped it would've had lead into something more. Luckily they'll still meet at least five times this season.

The scrum happened 0.5 second before the end of the game so it didn't really matter where they put the faceoff. I don't think Pronger knew the time though. There could've been something like five seconds left and then it would've been dumb. I guess he just went mad and when Pronger is mad his only brain cell automatically shuts itself down.